• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Cool Ebay Gadgets For Cars

cha

Of course, I have no intention of sending 100w x2 of old school light glory onto my follower lol

Besides the relay is wired to the stock reverse lamp along with a in-dash kill switch, so Absolutely works only on reverse,

and that too can be switched off.

I could say I got this bulb and light fetish from you @tiv.... So I thought I need to change my tail light bulbs too... I don't know... since you are the master of lights, you tell me what i should do....

Below is a pic of a presea taken from the internet... the presea tail lights has 2 bulbs in 1 light.. so you can see 2 eyes kinda light flashes in one tail light in this.. you can see its very bright.... this light mechanism is one of the reasons I fell for the presea, it is a huge turn on I should say.... and also you can see that the light flash is NOT spread through the whole tail light.. just that 2 spots are being bright...

TBmhHfo.jpg

Now lets see my car below.... this was taken in the afternoon with parking lights so you cant see the lights that much... however my concern is, my 2 bulbs spots are not red enough like the white presea bulbs... even though the 2 bulb spots are flashing a bit the whole tail light is being lit, rather than highlighting the 2 bulb spots... even though i press the breaks, the 2 bulb spots wont throw a hugh flash as expected,... I want my two tail light bulb spots to be very very red like those in the white presea.... so what can i do?

BZnTgqv.jpg

Budget 35-50 usd - g1w

Mid 50-65 usd - b40/a118

Relatively high 65+ usd - g90

These are the best quality bang for the buck models in each price range.

I am using a b40 now. Ordered a g90, will update after I get it.

Are you ordering from ebay? Will they tax it?

I could say I got this bulb and light fetish from you @tiv.... So I thought I need to change my tail light bulbs too... I don't know... since you are the master of lights, you tell me what i should do....

Below is a pic of a presea taken from the internet... the presea tail lights has 2 bulbs in 1 light.. so you can see 2 eyes kinda light flashes in one tail light in this.. you can see its very bright.... this light mechanism is one of the reasons I fell for the presea, it is a huge turn on I should say.... and also you can see that the light flash is NOT spread through the whole tail light.. just that 2 spots are being bright...

TBmhHfo.jpg

Now lets see my car below.... this was taken in the afternoon with parking lights so you cant see the lights that much... however my concern is, my 2 bulbs spots are not red enough like the white presea bulbs... even though the 2 bulb spots are flashing a bit the whole tail light is being lit, rather than highlighting the 2 bulb spots... even though i press the breaks, the 2 bulb spots wont throw a hugh flash as expected,... I want my two tail light bulb spots to be very very red like those in the white presea.... so what can i do?

BZnTgqv.jpg

Have you swapped your tail lights bulbs into led types?

Usually normal filament bulbs disperse light all over, lighting up the entire assembly,

But I have a feeling, if you could swap your bulbs to Led type with minature projector

2pcs-lot-free-shipping-25W-cree-High-Pow

something like this, you might be able to get a similar effect,

I have a similar pair of bulbs in my reverse lights, I'll upload a pic of it tmrw,

They would cost about $20 though

But do mind the 6500K colour of the leds through the stock red lens gives off an orange hue,

A new bright pair of normal filament bulbs, might also give the desired effect,

If you haven't touched the bulbs yet, they are probably old,

There might also be buildup of grime inside the tail light lenses, do look into that too,

Also, a nice coat of car wax on the old taillights to augment the finish,

Edited by tiv

TBmhHfo.jpg

BZnTgqv.jpg

NOTHING. Your tail bulbs and lights are working like they should. Tail lights aren't spotlights. Nor are they designed to throw off 'two bulb spots'.

If you ever dismantle your tail-lights or look inside one that's broken you'll see the inside of the tail-light lens has a defusing pattern to it, so the light gets spread-out through out the tail light lens rather than illuminate a 'spot' like you mention.

Save your money for something else that adds better value to your car or your safety like: Better oil filters, synthetic oil, better brake pads, better brake discs, calipers or something simple yet critical like new wiper blades etc....you get the idea.

• Like 2

The white Presea is in a significantly darker environment as well. So the light can be seen as brighter. The tail lamps should be 12v 21/5w ones I think, so you can maybe pull one out and see if the bulbs on the car are correct (wrong bulbs maybe the cause of a dimmer light). The rating should be engraved on the base of the bulb. Tungsten bulbs shouldn't fade over time in theory.

You can also check if the tail light housing is dirty on the inside. A small leak can lead to carbon deposits building up on the inside of the housing that gives it a "smoked" look. This can cause the lights to look dimmer. Your lights look like they are pretty okay.

Usually normal filament bulbs disperse light all over, lighting up the entire assembly,

But I have a feeling, if you could swap your bulbs to Led type with minature projector

I have a similar pair of bulbs in my reverse lights, I'll upload a pic of it tmrw,

But do mind the 6500K colour of the leds through the stock red lens gives off an orange hue,

There might also be buildup of grime inside the tail light lenses, do look into that too,

The white Presea is in a significantly darker environment as well. So the light can be seen as brighter. The tail lamps should be 12v 21/5w ones I think, so you can maybe pull one out and see if the bulbs on the car are correct (wrong bulbs maybe the cause of a dimmer light). The rating should be engraved on the base of the bulb. Tungsten bulbs shouldn't fade over time in theory.

You can also check if the tail light housing is dirty on the inside. A small leak can lead to carbon deposits building up on the inside of the housing that gives it a "smoked" look. This can cause the lights to look dimmer. Your lights look like they are pretty okay.

I don't like the orange-ish look... forgot to mention, right now the light dispense an orange-ish light rather than a red light... so i wan't the red light, so i dont think the LEDs will work noh... (im comparing myself with the presea i see every morning, it gives a bright red light... i dont think that guy ever even washes the car, so i doubt he changes his light an all because he still haven't fixed the car from all the accidents he has met.... the car has been knocked from every part of the body... )

recently one tail light had a a lil bit of water in a certain area inside so i removed the lights and cleaned it...(one tail light only) and sent a load of air inside to dry away the water and i checked from the inside there are no dirty or any kind of thing to give it a misty look.... there wasnt much difference of the light after that, only the water went off...so then as you guys said il just try replacing one set of bulbs with cheap fillament bulbs and see if there is a difference, and if there is a difference then we know what's wrong...cannot wait till ebay send bulbs, so is there any place around bamba, or havelocks to buy these back bulbs? ( I checked my back bulbs now, its the same bulbs as parking lights... - the double fillament capless bulbs)...even my parking lights were not much bright... and yes they are 21/5w... so for the experiment purpose what should i ask from the bulb shop? just normal 21/5w capless bulbs?

Edited by PreseaLover

recently one tail light had a a lil bit of water in a certain area inside so i removed the lights and cleaned it...(one tail light only) and sent a load of air inside to dry away the water and i checked from the inside there are no dirty or any kind of thing to give it a misty look.... there wasnt much difference of the light after that, only the water went off...so then as you guys said il just try replacing one set of bulbs with cheap fillament bulbs and see if there is a difference, and if there is a difference then we know what's wrong...cannot wait till ebay send bulbs, so is there any place around bamba, or havelocks to buy these back bulbs? ( I checked my back bulbs now, its the same bulbs as parking lights... - the double fillament capless bulbs)...even my parking lights were not much bright... and yes they are 21/5w... so for the experiment purpose what should i ask from the bulb shop? just normal 21/5w capless bulbs?

Remove one bulb and take it as a sample. Check the ones they give you to make sure they're the right ones. Not sure if both bulbs (on one side) are double filament or not. Make sure before you buy.

Remove one bulb and take it as a sample. Check the ones they give you to make sure they're the right ones. Not sure if both bulbs (on one side) are double filament or not. Make sure before you buy.

Thanks davy will do.. I believe both are same double filament bulbs as both the spots dispense the same amount of light but I will recheck again...

On a different note, should check the light dispense in @CricDasher's presea as well... but not sure if it has the same bulb mechanism like the refina as it is a CT2.... CricDasher where are you?

I have seen @Zlac's presea has a bright red light, with the 2 light spots...

I saw a dash cam kit on [email protected] for just Rs. 2500/= or something. Must be a chinese crap.

This is what I want:

https://buy.garmin.com/en-US/US/on-the-road/automotive/2015-line/nuvicam-lmthd/prod168820.html

Those dont have good lenses or processors. They will look blurry even at daytime, forget about recording anything at night. There is no point in cam that cant read a number plate or clearly show what happened in case of an emergency, you might as well not have one at all.

If you want to invest Transcend has some pretty good quality cams locally available, but they are all around 20k mark.

Since I dint have bluetooth, navigation or dash cam I thought of going for the Garmin nüviCam™ LMTHD, only problem is its more than 55k on ebay, and I don't know whether I will get taxed for it.

On another note, I finally got my Nightbreakers and there was no tax. I have installed them and waiting till night to test them. When I removed my original bulbs I saw that they were 100W! But still the brightness was not enough. I checked the Nightbreakers during day time and they were around 50% more brighter than the ones I had.

Since I dint have bluetooth, navigation or dash cam I thought of going for the Garmin nüviCam™ LMTHD, only problem is its more than 55k on ebay, and I don't know whether I will get taxed for it.

On another note, I finally got my Nightbreakers and there was no tax. I have installed them and waiting till night to test them. When I removed my original bulbs I saw that they were 100W! But still the brightness was not enough. I checked the Nightbreakers during day time and they were around 50% more brighter than the ones I had.

Post some pics.

I bought 2 LED's and fixed into the back lights but they didnt work, maybe since those were not double fillament capless... However those LED's didn't fit into my front parking lights either even though they were the same T20 type bulbs... So I guess I will have to forget the idea of replacing the front parking lights with LED :/

And i checked inside the tail light and there were no grime, it was clean... And as you can see in the pic below, when pressing the breaks i too get that 2 spotted light flash things which im ok with, the problem is I'm wondering why it dispense an orange shade instead of red.. anyway, thought of giving up the idea since i dont have a solution and keeping these lights just the way it is, maybe it is the way it was built up for this car... weird!

JwWOW20.jpg

I bought 2 LED's and fixed into the back lights but they didnt work, maybe since those were not double fillament capless... However those LED's didn't fit into my front parking lights either even though they were the same T20 type bulbs... So I guess I will have to forget the idea of replacing the front parking lights with LED :/

And i checked inside the tail light and there were no grime, it was clean... And as you can see in the pic below, when pressing the breaks i too get that 2 spotted light flash things which im ok with, the problem is I'm wondering why it dispense an orange shade instead of red.. anyway, thought of giving up the idea since i dont have a solution and keeping these lights just the way it is, maybe it is the way it was built up for this car... weird!

JwWOW20.jpg

I think its just your paranoia dude, as the illumination on this led is damn similar to the pic you posted earlier

• Like 1

Too bad it didn't work out...but really your lights look fine, nothing to worry about there at all.

Edited by Kavvz
  • Like 1

ummm something wrong with my eyes then :P ok thanks guys :)

Why not do something to that exhaust tip, It looks rather out of place with the car, something with a little bit of diameter and about 2cm of visible chrome would be nice, not a fart cannon please

with minimum restriction of course.

Edited by tiv

Why not do something to that exhaust tip, It looks rather out of place with the car, something with a little bit of diameter and about 2cm of visible chrome would be nice, not a fart cannon please

with minimum restriction of course.

I tried it.... the silencer of my car is very low (close to the ground and has come out too much,... so for all the silencer lids i put, it is visible that i have put a cover, so i removed it...and since the exhaust tip is a smaller one, only 1 type of lid was able to be fitted and it has a lot of restriction... so i gave up of that too...

Well didn't had a chance to take a good pic at a good location last night because we were busy at the book fair till mid night, plus my camera phone is crappy at night. Here is what I mange to take.

34y9v6x.jpg

Overall I'm very satisfied with the night breakers, its brighter and travels a long distance and the color temp is enough for me, thinking of ordering two more for my fogs.

• Like 1

Well my new dash cam arrived (G90)

The box was a little beaten up though, everything inside is fine

DSC_0104.jpg

Thats all there was in the box (oh and a user manual which was pretty useless)

DSC_0112.jpg

This is the suction mount, it also has a power connector adapter which connects to the top of the camera (there is a mini USB port on the camera and the suction mount itself, you can chose to use either one).

DSC_0113.jpg

And here is the camera itself, it only about 3 inches wide and about 1.5 inches tall. The lens protrudes about 1 inches forward though.

DSC_0114.jpg

DSC_0115.jpg

Sorry didn't bother wiping, its a bit dusty

DSC_0116.jpg

Inside view after fixing it, I had enough space to fix it right behind the mirror. The suction mount was pretty solid

I hid the wires through the beading and upholster later on, didn't take pictures after :sleeping-smiley-008:

DSC_0117.jpg

DSC_0119.jpg

DSC_0123.jpg

Edited by The Stig
  • Like 4

Are you ordering from ebay? Will they tax it?

Yup, from ebay. And no i didn't have to pay any taxes. My postmen knows me well since i order stuff from ebay often, he usually keeps larger items with him and delivers them on Saturdays :mosking:

But if not still it would be kept in your local post office and you will be given a notice to come and collect it. If its at the local post office they dont tax.

Edited by The Stig