• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Honda Insight Views

Mikee

On a serious note, if you are traveling somewhere close to where this moron is living, will u do me a favour and slap him? I'll even contribute to your travel costs if u would do that for me...

I'd have done it for my own satisfaction, but I don't think I'm going that way.

Thanks so much for the advice. Us poor third world hicks woulda never been able to think of an idea like that unless you suggested it, massa sir.

This kinda thing is what makes you an asshole, just so you know.

Jesus Christ, man!!!............It's absolutely unbelievable that you perceived and interpreted what I wrote as somehow insulting you. Don't be so damn sensitive and so goddamn insecure.

If someone love cars, then they notice and enjoy cars wherever those cars are in the world - and wherever they may be in the world.

If a car enthusiast is travelling in the world, it's only natural to notice the cars around them that are not available in their home market. And if that visiting car enthusiast has an opportunity to ride in or try out these cars, why not???

When I'm in SL I always look through the Ads and go around with friends to agents and sellers and check out the cool Japanese and European cars that are in SL, and will never come to the U.S. If I ever get the opportunity to go to Japan, I'll definitely go around to agents and check out all the cool JDM hybrids and green cars that are only sold in Japan. And when car enthusiast friends from SL or Australia or elsewhere visit me in the the U.S., we always do the same thing - go check out whatever cars they are interested in.

Now I understand why you are always trying to start a battle with me. You have that insecurity thing going on, so you mistakenly perceive and interpret my words as an insult or a slight or talking down to you, when in reality and truth there is no NO INTENTION and NO EXISTENCE of that in my words.

Oh come on machan please take his advice for your own good. he's asking you to shed the amudey that u wear every day in this poor third world country and wear a shirt and a trouser. Are u sure u know how to wear shirts and trousers, let alone how to drive a car?

On a serious note, if you are traveling somewhere close to where this moron is living, will u do me a favour and slap him? I'll even contribute to your travel costs if u would do that for me...

You've got the same problem going on. You perceive, interpret and IMAGINE things in people's words that are absolutely not there.

You did it right here:

By the way, Colombo recently got rated worse than Bangkok for air pollution. And Bangkok used to be one of the most air polluted cities in the world. How did the Thais clean up the air in Bangkok? Mostly through lower emissions vehicles.

You perceived, interpreted and IMAGINED things in my words that absolutely are not there.....

Wonderful. Now take a trip to Thailand sometime and see how many hybrid cars that you see on the road, compared to normal vehicles. I do visit Thailand once in a while and I can definitely say there are far more hybrids in Colombo than in Bangkok.

While I agree that lower emissions are obviously the beneficial for all of us, your argument of presenting hybrids as the only vehicles that do not cause air pollution is beneath contempt.

You do this :rolleyes: A LOT - Imagine things in peoples words that are not there.

Jesus Christ, man!!!............It's absolutely unbelievable that you perceived and interpreted what I wrote as somehow insulting you. Don't be so damn sensitive and so goddamn insecure.

If someone love cars, then they notice and enjoy cars wherever those cars are in the world - and wherever they may be in the world.

If a car enthusiast is travelling in the world, it's only natural to notice the cars around them that are not available in their home market. And if that visiting car enthusiast has an opportunity to ride in or try out these cars, why not???

When I'm in SL I always look through the Ads and go around with friends to agents and sellers and check out the cool Japanese and European cars that are in SL, and will never come to the U.S. If I ever get the opportunity to go to Japan, I'll definitely go around to agents and check out all the cool JDM hybrids and green cars that are only sold in Japan. And when car enthusiast friends from SL or Australia or elsewhere visit me in the the U.S., we always do the same thing - go check out whatever cars they are interested in.

Now I understand why you are always trying to start a battle with me. You have that insecurity thing going on, so you mistakenly perceive and interpret my words as an insult or a slight or talking down to you, when in reality and truth there is no NO INTENTION and NO EXISTENCE of that in my words.

Typical Cali bullshit. Can't recognize WTF is going on. You don't need to worry about the existence or non-existence of my insecurities, ok? When I have issues, I'll look up professional help, not some self appointed internet environmental wannabe guru.

This is about your smug sense of superiority. I am not the first person who has pointed out that you have an insufferable attitude issue.

You didn't just advise me to go see some cars (I don't need your advice on that anyway, that was on my itinerary anyway. Max is a car freak, he got me into cars in the first place, and if you think we aren't gonna go test drive some cars, you must be high. I have even been checking out the possibility of heading off to Austin for the F1 race, just FYI.) But that could be ignored.

No, where you are an insulting insufferable asshole is where you thought it necessary to advise me to "dress decently". As you may note, I'm not the only one to pick up that insult, that is what Crosswind mentioned too. I mean, what did you think I would wear to the dealers, go dressed like one of the Clampetts? Like I just walked out of a field after shoveling horseshit? Did you think I would go in there with a lifted sarong chewing betel and address the dealer like "Ado, mehe wareng!"?

No intention and no existence my hairy black ass. You need a kick in the nuts so hard that you'll be able to tell what they taste like. Bloody arrogant ...

• Like 2

You perceived, interpreted and IMAGINED things in my words that absolutely are not there.....

Let me give you some words that cannot be perceived, interpreted or imagined to mean anything other than what is said.

GO AWAY CALI!

Typical Cali bullshit. Can't recognize WTF is going on. You don't need to worry about the existence or non-existence of my insecurities, ok? When I have issues, I'll look up professional help, not some self appointed internet environmental wannabe guru.This is about your smug sense of superiority. I am not the first person who has pointed out that you have an insufferable attitude issue.You didn't just advise me to go see some cars (I don't need your advice on that anyway, that was on my itinerary anyway. Max is a car freak, he got me into cars in the first place, and if you think we aren't gonna go test drive some cars, you must be high. I have even been checking out the possibility of heading off to Austin for the F1 race, just FYI.) But that could be ignored.No, where you are an insulting insufferable asshole is where you thought it necessary to advise me to "dress decently". As you may note, I'm not the only one to pick up that insult, that is what Crosswind mentioned too. I mean, what did you think I would wear to the dealers, go dressed like one of the Clampetts? Like I just walked out of a field after shoveling horseshit? Did you think I would go in there with a lifted sarong chewing betel and address the dealer like "Ado, mehe wareng!"?No intention and no existence my hairy black ass. You need a kick in the nuts so hard that you'll be able to tell what they taste like. Bloody arrogant ...Let me give you some words that cannot be perceived, interpreted or imagined to mean anything other than what is said.GO AWAY CALI!

Pericles, now that you've actually explained yourself, I understand your perspective better. Your first post was all harangue with no explanation at all, and I can see now how my reply pissed you off even more.

There was no negative intent or insinuation towards you AT ALL in what I wrote. What I wrote to you (including "dress decently") is EXACTLY what I say and email to my own friends and cousins when they are visiting and want to to check out cars.

Also normal U.S. hot weather, Florida attire is shorts, a T shirt and sandals. That is what I imagined you wearing when you wrote you're going to Florida, so "dress decently" only meant it's not a good idea to wear shorts and a T-Shirt.

I'm a completely shitty dresser by Sri Lankan standards. I've been refused entry to Colombo restaurants 'cause of what I'm wearing and people sometimes think I'm the laborer cause of my attire. So "dress decently" is simply just one of the things to do on the checklist before going to the agents 'cause I usually don't dress decently. There is absolutely no putdown or insult or disrespect intended in those words about how you dress or you AT ALL in that post. So sorry if you felt that you were disrespected.

If you wrote to me...

Btw, ask Mr. X to take you 'car shopping' while you're in Colombo. Dress decently, hit the agents of the cars you's like to drive, and go on test drives of whatever cars you're interested in.

.....I wouldn't have batted an eyelid. If you told me to dress decently I would have said "Thanks for reminding me."

Why is it that YOU took such offence over those two words? Why is it that YOU interpreted those two words in a way that made your blood boil? Those two words could have been interpreted in a totally different way that would have caused no negative reaction.

Fifthly, I'm not going anywhere 'cause you always start these things. And it's almost always over some little thing. Like this. It's as if you're almost looking for a reason to get upset and start a problem. You just might be the only mod in the history of the internet who goes around looking to start fights with forum members.

Sixthly, again,I apologize if I you got upset by those two words.

I have driven Honda Insight 2010 for last couple of days from home to work and work to Home Rajagiriya - Fort, I only managed to get 13Km/L when econ button is on, but I noticed I can get more when econ button is off. Any ideas?

I have very recently bought this with genuine mileage of 29000 and I didn't do any oil changes or filter changes yet. Will the fuel efficiency inrease after the service? My brother also has a prius 2nd generation and it managing to get more than 18Km/L.

The second gen Prius gets a little better fuel economy than the Insight under normal driving, but 13 vs 18km/l is too big of a difference.

Are you using the eco assist feature to 'teach' you how to drive a hybrid for better efficiency?

There was no negative intent or insinuation towards you AT ALL in what I wrote. What I wrote to you (including "dress decently") is EXACTLY what I say and email to my own friends and cousins when they are visiting and want to to check out cars.

Also normal U.S. hot weather, Florida attire is shorts, a T shirt and sandals. That is what I imagined you wearing when you wrote you're going to Florida, so "dress decently" only meant it's not a good idea to wear shorts and a T-Shirt.

This is going under giving advise without knowing local context (in this case, me) again. Max is kinda familiar with high end car shopping, so I'm sorta educated on these things. I'd be hitting the place like I own Wall Street and saying I work for the London Stock Exchange Group.

And like I said, I'm generally not impressed with the US idea of hot. Try being in Colombo these days!

I have driven Honda Insight 2010 for last couple of days from home to work and work to Home Rajagiriya - Fort, I only managed to get 13Km/L when econ button is on, but I noticed I can get more when econ button is off. Any ideas?

I have very recently bought this with genuine mileage of 29000 and I didn't do any oil changes or filter changes yet. Will the fuel efficiency inrease after the service? My brother also has a prius 2nd generation and it managing to get more than 18Km/L.

Why not check the fluids now any way? No point dilly-dallying around; it is a used car after all and who knows how it was serviced prior to you purchasing it?

At that low milage you probably don't have to worry about transmission fluid or belts too much, but I would check it along with the engine oil, coolant, power steering fluid, brake fluid, and the air filter etc. If anything is slightly dirty , low or discoloured I'd change it / top it up right away and examine the rest of the service history if available. Not sure if your fuel economy would change enough for you to notice after a routine service if your car is in good nick (I never do, but its probably more to do with my driving style, than anything else) but it certainly won't drop. Neither will it hurt to check all the fluids and filters so as to service the car accordingly. It might even save you some bucks down the road.

@Californikan

You can easly get 20Kmpl + on Honda Insight...

1. Check the engine oil

2. Air Filter

3. Important ...Have the Honda recomended tier pressure... In my case 32psi - 34psi works well for me..

4. keep the ambient display green .....it's just you need some driving practise...You will get used to this over time and you will feel like driving a regular car..

Good luck...

Edited by colombodriver

I use mobil 0-20w ... thats what Stafford Motors ..recomended..during initial service.. ( I think thats was the type of oil available in SL for insight ..not sure whether they have something new now)

Sure that's what they recommend. but where the hell do they sell it here? Everytime I go to stafford they try to flog 0w-30 saying they haven't got the 20.

Is anybody know how to make use of "L" and "S" gears? (under diffrent conditions)

L stands for "low" and is meant to be used when you are going downhill and want engine braking or when you are towing a big weight.

S stands for "sports"; well i dont really need to explain what sports stands for do i ? Generally it delays the gear shifts and let the engine rev higher to make use of high end torque and horsepower.

And please run a search, these have been discussed in depth before :)

Edited by The Stig

Colombo, u talkin about the Insight II? The S (Second) position shifts u down into a lower range of gear ratios and gives u better engine power for acceleration and for takling gradients and gives you increased engine braking on a descent. Honda recommends u use S on steep hills....up to u.The L (Low) position drops the gear ratio set even further and gives u maximum power and braking for really steep hills. It's a bit of a weird car,too, cos it will give you "kick-down" even in L. Remember that you have to fiddle with the button on the gear shift going from D to S, and from S to L, I haven't played with the paddle-wheel shifters much in the Insight but I think you drop it into L from S by holding the two shifters down at once! (That's if the driver can remember)

Yeh, Jadey, the Honda recommended oil weight is 0W-20 right through the temperature range to +40C...the stuff is like water!

Don't like the car...its's too bl**dy complicated for me and I would have the horrors owning an older one. One I drove recently even had some madness on it that told u about tyre pressure! Don't ever see non-Honda mechanics being happy with this sort of vehicle. JMOT

And by the way, don't worry about towing a trailer with an Insight....it voids your warranty, TRUE!

This totally depends how you drive. My ES8(manual) does 11 in Colombo where some says they only get 9.

• 3 weeks later...

Sure that's what they recommend. but where the hell do they sell it here? Everytime I go to stafford they try to flog 0w-30 saying they haven't got the 20.

Stafford doesn't have 0w-20

below is the exact reply from them

Dear Sir,

Sorry ,We don't have 0W-20 engine oil, it suit for low temperature countries.We are only recommend 0W -30 engine oil for Honda Insight.

Rs.2600.00 per liter.(0W-30 Motul brand)

Yes, You can buy it over the counter.

If you have any quarries in this regard please feel free to contact me.

B'rgds,