• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Quality/standard Of Al Comments Have Dropped Drastically

MoneyMaker

Like I thought all the losers who have a lot of time to kill and prove a point have responded so far and they r the same people who disrespect other people's questions on cars...

No question is a stupid question.. Some people don't really care about there cars their sole purpose is to go from A-B... If the car acts up of course a question will be raised on AL but for a car enthusiast that may sound like a stupid question.. If u can't respect another's question try to refrain from making stupid comments..ur seniority on AL doesn't mean shit...

Only thing I agree to is check the forum for the issue u have on ur car if the answer is not available please raise a question..

People who think that certain question raised here are very basic problems and are stupid....

ADVICE: Please go get a real job

man.. are u on something.. whats wrong with u people... bloddy sissy bitchs..

The society has different people with different interests and different skills..............

We need to respect that.........

A normal car user might come to AL to ask his basic question (may sound very basic or obvious), the community may respond. The real Pros may keep their cool and respond. If it is a time waste, we can always ask them to search.

What is the point in thrashing or bashing.............

The user whom has asked the question might be a doctor, an accountant or a senior military officer. Very pro in their own profession. How about a doctor thrash you for asking stupid questions. I have very close friends doctors, accountants and senior officers. They know their profession well and has proven results. They also ask very basic questions, that is ok. No one can be pro on everything.

One might argue the Pros do a free job here by answering............if you are tiered just do not answer. But bashing the fellow is no use.

Also why the forum bashes Maruti, Hybrid fellas. That is their choice, probably as they feel or according to their budget.

One more interesting thing, please read the below.........

Albert Einstein........the great scientist, a real Pro.........just read and see how Humble he was.........and his correspondence with Children.........

http://www.einstein-...etterskids.html

P.S Once I was bit firm on one guy asking about RON values, I still worry about it though I did respond. Will never do that again and will ask them to search if I am tiered.

wow..... and we thought there wasnt any girls in the forum..

<<<getting up on my podium ... *testing testing, mic check*>>>

Ayubowan,

not gonna join the bickering but here's my take on this. I've been with AL for a VERY long time; from the early days of the old board and although my post count isn't as high as some of you that joined after me, I could still consider myself a veteran here that's experienced/seen most everything going on.

Purely from a standpoint of an "automotive" forum, there isn't much going on here. Why do I say that? because as an enthusiast, you tend to want to see others working on projects and talking about their next, showing off their ride or commenting on others ... y'know what you do when enthusiasts meet up in a parking lot somewhere and swap stories, etc. Since this is not a make/model specific forum, in one way you expect to see a whole variety of rides but unfortunately, you barely see anybody elses cars.

People here seem to be worried more about "this guys car" or "that guys car" or "how many EVO's in SL" or "what's the fastest car in SL" or something of that nature. I know these are valid topics but fankly after the first couple of "how many *insert make/model here" in SL" you kind of get sick of it.

this is why I even post up the corniest of projects I work on, to get some blood flowing in here. Common, who wants to see me take out the same damn engine I put in a week ago since I didn't go through the whole thing before I put it in? probably nobody, lol, but it's an experience of "MINE" that I'm sharing, not me telling you'll about a car belonging to some guy who doesn't even know me.

This is why I tend to gravitate towards threads made by Duncan (where is he anyway), Mani, Master Don and the few others who actually get their hands dirty or post up about their first hand experiences.

"so what's your top speed?" ... lol

<<<***steps down from his podium***>>>

• Like 8

Like I thought all the losers who have a lot of time to kill and prove a point have responded so far and they r the same people who disrespect other people's questions on cars...

No question is a stupid question.. Some people don't really care about there cars their sole purpose is to go from A-B... If the car acts up of course a question will be raised on AL but for a car enthusiast that may sound like a stupid question.. If u can't respect another's question try to refrain from making stupid comments..ur seniority on AL doesn't mean shit...

Only thing I agree to is check the forum for the issue u have on ur car if the answer is not available please raise a question..

People who think that certain question raised here are very basic problems and are stupid....

ADVICE: Please go get a real job

Hey I hear you can skip your period for upto three months when you are on a certain type of birth control. You should ask your doctor that.

I find it rather amusing to see people who hardly contribute positively or contribute at all pointing fingers at people who actually do a lot of good here.

It's the duty of noobs to take the time and run a search first before starting a new thread. that's basic forum etiquette followed in any forum.

Just to add to MeangreenZ's post. Unlike in other countries...not many people in SL do car projects. Especially by themselves. Few of us take on smaller DIY missions and that's about it. That's due to the fact cars, parts and stuff are a lot more expensive in SL and certain shop facilities that are easily available in other regions are a lot harder to do here. I do agree with you but IMHO, it's not easy nor fair to compare any Sri Lankan auto forum to say a forum from states.

I find the same thing here in sportfishing. Local forums are very basic and rudimentary compared to foreign forums i'm a member of.

IMO..within our context... AL is the only source to have some discussion amongst people who share similar interests and it has been doing that job pretty damn good.

The friends i have made here has gone way beyond the confines of the www. It was only last weekend we shared a few beers and bbq chicken wings at MD's place :)

@VarunaTech

If you took the time to properly follow the forum you would know that nobody bashed the marutis and hybrids until those owners tried to engage in guerilla marketing and/or play google heroes. Once people are exposed for being "posers" it was only natural people take them to task.

For instance, Cali got exposed and people bashed him. not necessarily the hybrids.

Same goes for marutis too. Marutis were bashed when certain people from a certain company tried portray that car as the ideal second car to have and also an ideal upgrade for folks who had bikes. One "Nilantha" got hammered for being an ultra toyota fanboy and dissing every other brand.

Most people have no issue for accepting cars for what they are. If you try to portray hybrids as the gods gift to motoring, the maruti as the best stater car etc... can you blame the "seniors" for bashing those people????

All you guys are complaining about seniors for being bashful. How about turning that gun a bit towards the lazy newbies who doesn't have the courtesy to a run a goddamn search first?

I will challenge you to show one thread where someone has asked a legit question that hasn't been discussed before and still got bashed by seniors.

Until such time...pls take your preaching elsewhere!

• Like 2

I find it rather amusing to see people who hardly contribute positively or contribute at all pointing fingers at people who actually do a lot of good here.

It's the duty of noobs to take the time and run a search first before starting a new thread. that's basic forum etiquette followed in any forum.

Just to add to MeangreenZ's post. Unlike in other countries...not many people in SL do car projects. Especially by themselves. Few of us take on smaller DIY missions and that's about it. That's due to the fact cars, parts and stuff are a lot more expensive in SL and certain shop facilities that are easily available in other regions are a lot harder to do here. I do agree with you but IMHO, it's not easy nor fair to compare any Sri Lankan auto forum to say a forum from states.

I find the same thing here in sportfishing. Local forums are very basic and rudimentary compared to foreign forums i'm a member of.

IMO..within our context... AL is the only source to have some discussion amongst people who share similar interests and it has been doing that job pretty damn good.

The friends i have made here has gone way beyond the confines of the www. It was only last weekend we shared a few beers and bbq chicken wings at MD's place :)

@VarunaTech

If you took the time to properly follow the forum you would know that nobody bashed the marutis and hybrids until those owners tried to engage in guerilla marketing and/or play google heroes. Once people are exposed for being "posers" it was only natural people take them to task.

For instance, Cali got exposed and people bashed him. not necessarily the hybrids.

Same goes for marutis too. Marutis were bashed when certain people from a certain company tried portray that car as the ideal second car to have and also an ideal upgrade for folks who had bikes. One "Nilantha" got hammered for being an ultra toyota fanboy and dissing every other brand.

Most people have no issue for accepting cars for what they are. If you try to portray hybrids as the gods gift to motoring, the maruti as the best stater car etc... can you blame the "seniors" for bashing those people????

All you guys are complaining about seniors for being bashful. How about turning that gun a bit towards the lazy newbies who doesn't have the courtesy to a run a goddamn search first?

I will challenge you to show one thread where someone has asked a legit question that hasn't been discussed before and still got bashed by seniors.

I hear you and thank you for explaining in detail and avoiding non sense bashing (which usually hide the real message). You may be correct as my experience in this forum is one year or less....that I my perceptions and judgement is based on limited history, in the other hand also see the point that the perception a Newbie like myself get from the forum (whom joined to contribute and learn with fair intentions). I have been in few other Tech forums overseas (including Car), and when I joined AL, I found lot of noise in bashing and yelling.

I will not go away as a tech fan, will continue to be here and share the very small experience and knowledge I have and also to learn.

:rolleyes: Smells heavily of VVTi or jdnet. Outside chance its Masterdon.

Then again... It might just be the OP trolling.

Can't be bothered looking it up.

I wish to deny any involvement in the creation of the said account. I'm a little hurt you would even think that. Here i was thinking you love me.

• Like 1

:rolleyes: Smells heavily of VVTi or jdnet. Outside chance its Masterdon.

Then again... It might just be the OP trolling.

Can't be bothered looking it up.

Please bother to look up and confirm its not me. Would be nice if you can apologize as well... :)

@VarunaTech

Good point and well said bro