• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Quality/standard Of Al Comments Have Dropped Drastically

MoneyMaker

:rolleyes: Smells heavily of VVTi or jdnet. Outside chance its Masterdon.

Ah.... my three best friends.. , quite funny how these three names pop up when someone talks about the " Quality " of A/L posts...

Ok.. here is my take on this,....... I too have been on this forum for couple of years but created this profile only recently, I used to read a lot of posts back then and I have been able to educate myself on a lot of stuff thanks to this forum, as I am not a professional automobile guy.. As I remember even then you did have people asking dumb questions but the way such was addressed was way different, today the bugger gets insulted like hell, in a rather disgusting way.

Whats ruining the quality of the posts is actually the type of language used by a FEW members... I am yet to see any inappropriate posts by guys like Ripper, The Don, Harshana ( ? the Peugeot guy), and lot more other " Senior " members, but they too contribute a lot by way of advice...

Anyway I dont make the rules around here, I am just a newbie....

About your "yet to see". Thats coz you're new here.

But, the crux point is, those three have actually answered more questions and helped out and contributed more to this forum than all the whiners combined. Yes, they get boisterous from time to time, and they all have warnings to show for it, but they take in the proper way rather than whining and get on with things.

Besides, since I HAVE been here so long, and I remember what it was like around here even 10 years ago, you'll forgive me if I don't put a lot of stock in the opinions of the posts. Shoulda seen some of the fights on the old forums, long since lost in the mists of internet time.

One thing you need to realize. This isn't a nanny-state, and I am not a nanny. To borrow some terminology from JC.

I hear you and thank you for explaining in detail and avoiding non sense bashing (which usually hide the real message). You may be correct as my experience in this forum is one year or less....that I my perceptions and judgement is based on limited history, in the other hand also see the point that the perception a Newbie like myself get from the forum (whom joined to contribute and learn with fair intentions). I have been in few other Tech forums overseas (including Car), and when I joined AL, I found lot of noise in bashing and yelling.

I will not go away as a tech fan, will continue to be here and share the very small experience and knowledge I have and also to learn.

If what you know is so little, and your experience is so limited, maybe you should serve yourself a hot cup of STFU and go sit in the corner.

Edited by Watchman
  • Like 1

Ah.... my three best friends.. , quite funny how these three names pop up when someone talks about the " Quality " of A/L posts...

Ok.. here is my take on this,....... I too have been on this forum for couple of years but created this profile only recently, I used to read a lot of posts back then and I have been able to educate myself on a lot of stuff thanks to this forum, as I am not a professional automobile guy.. As I remember even then you did have people asking dumb questions but the way such was addressed was way different, today the bugger gets insulted like hell, in a rather disgusting way.

Whats ruining the quality of the posts is actually the type of language used by a FEW members... I am yet to see any inappropriate posts by guys like Ripper, The Don, Harshana ( ? the Peugeot guy), and lot more other " Senior " members, but they too contribute a lot by way of advice...

Anyway I dont make the rules around here, I am just a newbie....

Machang, ever considered taking part in Sirasa Super Star, Derana Dance Star, Accountant Star or something similar? YOu sure do have the knack for the melodrama... :)

• Like 2

I thought it was watchman! VVTI or JD would have been a lot more "abrasive" as Peri would put it

It's a nice bit of writing, but I can't take credit for it. I was away from the forum over the long weekend and had a lot of catching up to do this morning. It was indeed a pleasure reading this sudden 3 paged viral thread, though my boss certainly wont be happy that i did nearly ZERO office work all morning :D ...

I'm also getting tired of playing the same drum-beat over and the other abusive seniors take care of this. I shall save my "abusive properties" on a special someone...

Edited by Watchman
  • Like 1

It's a nice bit of writing, but I can't take credit for it. I was away from the forum over the long weekend and had a lot of catching up to do this morning. It was indeed a pleasure reading this sudden 3 paged viral thread, though my boss certainly wont be happy that i did nearly ZERO office work all morning :D ...

I'm also getting tired of playing the same drum-beat over and the other abusive seniors take care of this. I shall save my "abusive properties" on a special someone...

Ado, dont say that, your brand of sand paper is unique....you cant expect the others to take your work load, surely? :)

Funny how the guy saying this sent me multiple PMs on what bicycle to buy and I took time out of my day to answer all his questions bieng the nice guy I am. See if you weren't such a whinny f*g you would realize that all three of the people you are whining at will gladly help anyone out if they had a question worth answering. Both VVTI and rustbucketDon have answered many of my questions though PMs. Just because people rip on idiots does not mean they are d*cks. Both these gentlemen will gladdy go out of their way to help someone and I would do the same too. The thing about you iis that you post kakka on the forums and think you are actually a integral part of the community.

• Like 4

If what you know is so little, and your experience is so limited, maybe you should serve yourself a hot cup of STFU and go sit in the corner.

As AL is an open forum, I would say what I have to say and I will decide when to sit in the corner or not. If the AL forum has different rules please let me know, where openness is not allowed and a member's view is heard based on other criteria. :) Edited by varunatech

As AL is an open forum, I would say what I have to say and I will decide when to sit in the corner or not.

Funny. Did you stop to think that this is exactly the way the so called "bashers" think? They just say what they have to say without sugar coating it. Do you think you have a greater right to say things than they do?

Its interesting that you are asking about openness when you just preached about people not replying if they are tired, gonna be rude ,etc.

• Like 2

frankly these kinds of idiotic threads are getting old now.... if people didn't get their answer from this forum they will get it from somewhere else.. but most of them do... sometimes people dont know how to do a search on a forum.. now thats for a different day.. but most people are too lazy and just wanna start a new thread...

getting bashed is not something that happens on cyberspace its a part of life.. so people need to deal with it.. its the new age of being a friend to ur pupils and psychological bull shit that has made the new generations weak.. i have seen the shit the teens in the west go through.. its all because they are babied.. its sad to be quite honest..

Funny how the guy saying this sent me multiple PMs on what bicycle to buy and I took time out of my day to answer all his questions bieng the nice guy I am. See if you weren't such a whinny f*g you would realize that all three of the people you are whining at will gladly help anyone out if they had a question worth answering. Both VVTI and rustbucketDon have answered many of my questions though PMs. Just because people rip on idiots does not mean they are d*cks. Both these gentlemen will gladdy go out of their way to help someone and I would do the same too. The thing about you iis that you post kakka on the forums and think you are actually a integral part of the community.

I never said people here don't help.... they do, but what I say is that it does not justify someone to insult or use bad language on another guy just cos he is ignorant on certain things..

In fact I myself have had several questions asked from me via pm, and the main reason people did not want to ask that type of questions on a open thread is they dont want to get insulted by the few arrogant seniors who think they rule the roost, and get some sort of pleasure by bashing the small fry...

However much you guys may try to deny it the OPs point is valid and the quality has actually come down.... I get on this site to enrich my knowledge on vehicle stuff, but its a difficult task to filter through all the garbage. Although some of the arguments do have entertainment value.

As AL is an open forum, I would say what I have to say and I will decide when to sit in the corner or not. If the AL forum has different rules please let me know, where openness is not allowed and a member's view is heard based on other criteria. :)

If you got nothing better to go go tell that newbie who wanted to know how many kmpl he can get from a bluebird.. and get yourself that cup of STFU afterwards :P

• Like 1

I never said people here don't help.... they do, but what I say is that it does not justify someone to insult or use bad language on another guy just cos he is ignorant on certain things..

In fact I myself have had several questions asked from me via pm, and the main reason people did not want to ask that type of questions on a open thread is they dont want to get insulted by the few arrogant seniors who think they rule the roost, and get some sort of pleasure by bashing the small fry...

However much you guys may try to deny it the OPs point is valid and the quality has actually come down.... I get on this site to enrich my knowledge on vehicle stuff, but its a difficult task to filter through all the garbage. Although some of the arguments do have entertainment value.

I bet you are hit at the Mahila Samithee meetings you attend on a regular basis... :)

Sometimes I wonder if you are a man or a woman... you are such a drama queen!

waaawaawaa. As said previously by someone else, the thing with entertainment value here is you since you are a bite ne. Bashing the small fry? nope we don't bash anyone here who genuinely does not know something and needs help. We do bash people like you though and we enjoy it. Sorry, I don't think i'll be stopping that anytime soon.

getting bashed is not something that happens on cyberspace its a part of life.. so people need to deal with it.. its the new age of being a friend to ur pupils and psychological bull shit that has made the new generations weak.. i have seen the shit the teens in the west go through.. its all because they are babied.. its sad to be quite honest..

Dunno if I agree with that. Its really nothing to do with the younger generation imo, its just people who take everything personally and who have an inability to view things from an objective view. And of course lets not forget the internet weirdos who fall out with each other simply because their FB statuses didn't match or get upset and cry because someone was a bit rude to them online, as it is in this case. People just need to learn to calm the f**k down.

Dunno if I agree with that. Its really nothing to do with the younger generation imo, its just people who take everything personally and who have an inability to view things from an objective view. And of course lets not forget the internet weirdos who fall out with each other simply because their FB statuses didn't match or get upset and cry because someone was a bit rude to them online, as it is in this case. People just need to learn to calm the f**k down.

ROFLMAO! How Ironic!

It is? How?

The kind of people who get offened over comments on an anonymous forum. If such comments were made on a personal forum where we all know each other on a personal basis, then one can imagine. SOme of these comments and the arguments cannot even be repeated to another party as they would not know in which context to take it. SO if there are people who actually get offended by commenst that are offensove on a public anonymous forum, I'd sathose people need to go out more often and get laid more often.

Come on, can you really go around and say something like, 'You know, VVTi went and busted Carbon B4's ball and MasterDOn and WAtchman laughed husterically while Pericles banned all of them?

CAn you make heads of tails of this if you were not part of this?

The kind of people who get offened over comments on an anonymous forum. If such comments were made on a personal forum where we all know each other on a personal basis, then one can imagine. SOme of these comments and the arguments cannot even be repeated to another party as they would not know in which context to take it. SO if there are people who actually get offended by commenst that are offensove on a public anonymous forum, I'd sathose people need to go out more often and get laid more often.

Well yeah, that is pretty much the point I was trying to make.

I bet you are hit at the Mahila Samithee meetings you attend on a regular basis... :)

Sometimes I wonder if you are a man or a woman... you are such a drama queen!

Mahila Samithee.... ? WTF is that.

I know you are still confused on your own sexual orientation..... but please keep me out of it.... :)