• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Another Crash In Southern Highway

hrm

Cars belonging to this batch would have hit the Sri Lankan shores very recently. Some (if not most) of them would not have had the upgrade done to the faulty module. So I think Maheshw's post is very valid.

+1.

Looks like a victim.

I wonder how insurance would go for this. I mean if the car _was_ in the recalled batch, and not fixed, then would the insurance company make a noise stating the car was recalled for this very issue thus no claim will awarded..?

Portable fire extinguisher will be in the market next week .

And you will be marketing it I presume? Just keep it off the forums all right?

If you want to market fire extinguishers, recon gearboxes, ecus or whatever you're selling, then pay for an ad on the main page.

Sylvi, How many times do you have to be told not to go off topic?? I thought you agreed to do so?

This post is ok but all the rest that came after it are COMPLETELY OT!

All of those posts have been moved to gona's new thread

http://forum.autolan...ent-protection/

Edited by Supra_Natural

I dont know about you but I wouldnt try tapping into or cutting factory fitted wires as sylvi mentioned. If Automotive manufacturers saw a necessity for it they would do it themselves. Frankly Even if there IS an electrical fire in your car and you have such a sylvi-switch installed, turning the switch off wont put out the fire that's already started. And all these home-made wiring only creates more potential electrical accidents.

And Gona, if I were you I would really take Sylvi's advice with great caution..

well said. Wonder why there are fuse boxes in vehicles? Been wondering, the fire incidences reported on highway out numbered the ones happened elsewhere. Assume this was a factory defect. Still the same model cars are running about elsewhere without any issue. Something to do with continuous high speed cruising? static current ? seems worth a research.

• Like 1

Cars belonging to this batch would have hit the Sri Lankan shores very recently. Some (if not most) of them would not have had the upgrade done to the faulty module. So I think Maheshw's post is very valid.

The picture looks like it is a Fit Shuttle; presuming this is what the car is,it can't be in this batch as the model was launched in June, 2011. Hard to believe Honda would have let the same fault repeat itself a year later.

And you will be marketing it I presume? Just keep it off the forums all right?

If you want to market fire extinguishers, recon gearboxes, ecus or whatever you're selling, then pay for an ad on the main page.

Portable fire extinguisher's did you see in the market?

• 1 year later...

Not really an accident, but another one goes up in flames on the Southern Expressway. All 5 passengers (including two children) have made it out without any injuries:

Edited by Davy

Not really an accident, but another one goes up in flames on the Southern Expressway. All 5 passengers (including two children) have made it out without any injuries:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hJ1oYgdDj-k'>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hJ1oYgdDj-k

Glad that they got out without any injuries.. Looks like a Mahindra Scorpio..