• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Ek3 Heating At High Rev

Banuka

It doesnt need to bubble. If you have checked your fans and the radiator then the culprit is the head gasket. when you do the head job make sure you change the water pump. Also check the water pump if you get a chance. If the fins on the pump are rusted then the water circulation could be less at high revs. If your doing the head gasket job make sure you resurface the head.

no macho..when i told cleaned radiator..it was done without removing the radiator...the experts directed by mech have flushed the radiator with some chemicals without even remove the radiator...last week i removed and cleaned the radiator with the help of my friend using only tap water...it had some serious blocks in some fins..but couldn't remove all the blocks..and now the car is not overheating...very next day drove to kandy...only took 1.5 hrs (very early in the morning on new year and redlined few times)...the gauge stayed below the half way through out the way...

no macho..when i told cleaned radiator..it was done without removing the radiator...the experts directed by mech have flushed the radiator with some chemicals without even remove the radiator...last week i removed and cleaned the radiator with the help of my friend using only tap water...it had some serious blocks in some fins..but couldn't remove all the blocks..and now the car is not overheating...very next day drove to kandy...only took 1.5 hrs (very early in the morning on new year and redlined few times)...the gauge stayed below the half way through out the way...

never use that flush stuff, it WONT remove any blocks, even at places like radiator house, it only cost around 1500 for a cleaning the pips.

on other note, last weekend one of my friends car got over heated out of the blue. he garage guy was swearing it was the gasket. luckily my friend called me and ask what to do, and i went there, we got the radiator cleaned. still the issue was there, again the garage guy was saying "see i told you, it was the gasket" but i was really sure it was NOT, and he has told my friend even the valve was opened when he removed it.

took it to a friends garage thinking it was the water pump, since i has no trust in the other guy, but it was NOT the fan, finally even tho the other guy was saying the valve was fine, we tested it, what do you know! it was the valve after all.

testing such things are simple, get some thing that can check the water temperature, (some thing like a cake temp prove) this one has 82c on the marking. so the valve should open at 80c, so we boiled some water, and put the valve in, waited till it comes to 80, no go 90 no go 100 no go so it was the valve :D

• 1 month later...

Thnx all guys...

Sorry I was not able to update the status of the issue...

I took the car to radiator guy and the issue was blocked rad. they said it is because that I drove with high rev for long time the dirt that was there in the engine block tunnels for long time get detached and blocked the rad. only about 5 or 6 lines were working. this may be the case because previous owner was not a fast driver. I do not think he ever went past 70. so for me problem solved. now it is about one or two month the temp never gone above the mid point.