• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Camber Repair + Alignment

hasmax

Question

Dear all.

I have a so worrying problem in my CE 110. That is despite doing wheel alignments at several places very frequently, the front left side tire is getting worn fast from its outer side. So far i have been rotating the 4 tires round and round and the last good tire is now at the cursed point, so once that is also gone, i will be so helpless. All the alignment people were reassuring me all the times, but problem continued. Most of the things affecting alignment are in good condition, so have no worries over rack ends, tire rods, etc. But very recently my mechanic told me that he suspects camber problem, as for him, there is a problem in the front left wheel which can be noticed by eyesight it self.

So dear all, my problem is to get camber fixed now. Please tell me a good place which does alignment WITH camber repair. I searched for one, but all my efforts end in vain. Hope you may know a place and help me solve this problem.

Thanks in advance.

Members,

fonfe's method what he describes (back memories of Dunlop gauges, magnetic spirit levels and pointed metal weights on string and drawing marks on the floor to then cross measure).His post fist part all technicians did in good old days.

All motor vehicles ran in Ceylon on the said method. Until all modern methods arrived to Srilanka.

I had camber problem in my vehicle what I use at present, Marut one tire driving side inner side was wasting then there were plenty of suggestions by the agents.

Finally I myself did the filing the Shock absorber Srut mount fixing bracket by 1/2 inch outside.

Now 5000 Kilometers done no uneven wastage at all in the said tire to date.

I do not recommend the hydraulic bending of the any arms.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.