• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Car Sparepart Best Place Ebay Or Abroad

madoc

Question

I have toyota vitz 2008 1000cc vehicle and when I changes oil filter last time from toyota agent it cost me 2500RS. some one ask for a wifer and they said it will cost 15000Rs. but I checked with ebay oil filter only cost 7$. if you buy 10 only 40$. But they don't ship to sri lanka. I found one that send to sri lanka but may not the suitable part.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Oil-Filter-12-Pack-Replaces-TOYOTA-90915-YZZA2-90915-YZZF2-and-C0120-00013-/160739153756?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item256cccd75c&vxp=mtr

1. how to find the sparepart numbers for my car.

2.I think these parts are very high price in Sri Laska. so what is the way we can get them cheap ..ebay, amazone or other site that will send the item by mail

3. if not can we get this item from singapore or any other country by travelling to those cuntry.

any expert Please expain us thanks

Yup. Try aramex shop and ship also. Excellent service. An eBay quote for my seatbelt shipping through USPS was $100. Aramex courier $124. 72 hours delivery. Shop n ship is 40$ lifetime membership fee for an address in US, UK and china.

Also, if possible, get in touch with the eBay seller and ask him to;

1. Pack in the smallest possible box

2. Group together shipments whenever possible.

3. Mark goods as "gift" or "sample".

Most of them oblige.

I've shipped in many many parts from eBay. Only a handful got pulled over at customs. And of that only bad experience was the rotors.

Good experience: ITR strut tower bar: 27$. Shipping 35$ tax 1250/- RS.

• Like 1

Yup. Try aramex shop and ship also. Excellent service.

Thanks, will check this out as well. Looks like I hv about $ 400 worth of parts to buy, from different vendors (not all ebay though).

JC Whitney quoted me $112 to send parts about 1.5 kg in weight via FedEx normal courier. Not a bad deal I guess but the parts themselves cost only $95 :D

Ok, I think I found at least a part of the answer here and on this old AL topic.

General customs duty 15% + Vat 12% + Pal 5% + NBT 2% which is approximately 35% for most of the common mechanical items, can be around 40% for some other parts.

I'd still like to know anyone else who had 1st hand experience on actual tax paid recently.

The figures given in your example actually works out to around 40% not 35%. This is because the tax base for VAT and NBT in particular is not the base CIF value. So 12% VAT comes to about 16% of CIF.

Value Added Tax (t) =(v + 10% of v + d + s + c + p + e) X VAT rate

Where

v = CIF value in Rupee

c = Cess levy under Sri Lanka Export Development Act

d = Customs Duty

s = Surcharge

e = Excise (Special Provisions) Duty (ED)

t = Value Added Tax (VAT)

i = Regional Infrastructure Development Levy (RIDL)

p = Port and Airport Development Levy (PAL)

l = Social Responsibility Levy (SRL)

re = Rate of Excise (Special Provisions) Duty (ED)

rt = Rate of Value Added Tax (VAT)

Edited by Rumesh88

Mate for me,Toyota Lanka is just another ordinary place.

Surely all collected service records will add value and will convince some fools when you are trying to sell you car. Dont forget that some of our members complaint that Toyota Lanka ripped them off in broad daylight.

MINIACE

You can say that again! I've been using three Toyotas since 2000 and only twice sought their services. Once to replace CV boots in a AT212 and another time to diagnose a 121 engine. I was left disgusted in both instances.

Ok, I think I found at least a part of the answer here and on this old AL topic.

General customs duty 15% + Vat 12% + Pal 5% + NBT 2% which is approximately 35% for most of the common mechanical items, can be around 40% for some other parts.

I'd still like to know anyone else who had 1st hand experience on actual tax paid recently.

Income tax for all/average is 0% to 25% & expenditure tax for all is 35% to 40% (including beggars) . Why other way not good!.

Central Bank Head says we have enough money as reserves. If so why these unmatched taxes?.

Are we in a such a constitutional country!.