• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Vitz Or Demio?

GoDDy

Question

Hi,

I'm planning to get my first car and I'm looking for a sporty hatchback.

I'm in a dilemma between the new Toyota Vitz(KSP130) and Mazda Demio. I've got some deals:

Demio - 35mil

Vitz - 4.2 ~ 4.4 mil

I don't know whether it's wise to spend over 4mil on the new Vitz. I feel its a bit over priced considering the features it offers. But I cannot find one for less than 4mil(a grey one). The only reason I'm considering the Vitz is because it's a Toyota! which has a good resale value. I've read several posts here on the Demio, where people highly recommend it. However, they warn about the poor resale value it carries.

So what do you guys think is the best option for me?...

My budget is 4mil. But I wouldn't mind extending a bit if it's really worth it.

Edited by GoDDy

This forum a gang of multiple registerd guys dominate others. so no point of making arugment.

Thats a pretty stupid argument cause "some one who bought the car" wouldn't buy it if they think it is boring, ask from someone who didnt buy why they didnt buy it

I am asking from very inteligent you

Go to any main city wait for 15 minites and take numer of Vitz and demio passing you. Any one knows number of Vitz are greater than demio. So ask the Vitz owner why they didn't bought demio. for me that,s enough to breake your very inteligent argument.

and other demio lovers I ask both cars are same price level. So why Sri lankan's own more vitz than demio. Are they all stupid. this is enough to say this forum does not represent the general preference of the people.

This forum a gang of multiple registerd guys dominate others. so no point of making arugment.

Go to any main city wait for 15 minites and take numer of Vitz and demio passing you. Any one knows number of Vitz are greater than demio. So ask the Vitz owner why they didn't bought demio. for me that,s enough to breake your very inteligent argument.

and other demio lovers I ask both cars are same price level. So why Sri lankan's own more vitz than demio. Are they all stupid. this is enough to say this forum does not represent the general preference of the people.

Wow and to think i thought your first post was stupid, this is epic stupid.

Of course the vitz owners would say they like their car, would someone buy a car if they didnt like it ?

My whole point is in bold read it over and over again until you get, assuming you get it at all. Anyway to sum it up my whole point was that you have to take a third party perspective to get the proper picture.

If it was me i would save Rs. 700k, put in the Bank @ 12% p.a which would get me return of Rs 280k-400k in 3-4 years which would definitly make up for what you are going to loose on the car.

I'm sure you will be able to recover what you pay on the Demio for the simple fact of the lower price. In the secondhand market this segment will be very budget concious. it will be easier to sell a 3.0 Mn. car than a 4.0 Mn.

• Like 2

Your stupidity is astonishing.. Just because more people buy the car doesnt mean its better/worse than any other car.. This is especially true this country where the 'toyota' badge carries more weight irrespective of the actual car..

• Like 1

I have seen a few Demio sport versions advertised recently, I think it was still under Rs 4 Mn, then you got the Swift sport also in your price range. However I have not come across any Vitz RS versions of the new model.

If you are going to spend Rs 4 million you might as well spend it on something where you will enjoy the drive. But if your main idea here is the investment or resale value DONT buy a un-reg car. The moment you register it the value will drop by couple of hundred thousands. So best is to get a very recently registered car and you will not loose that much when you try to sell.

Gosh, in that case, Toyotas are far better cars than BMW's! Oh WOW!!!!

• Like 2

Wow and to think i thought your first post was stupid, this is epic stupid.

Of course the vitz owners would say they like their car, would someone buy a car if they didnt like it ?

My whole point is in bold read it over and over again until you get, assuming you get it at all. Anyway to sum it up my whole point was that you have to take a third party perspective to get the proper picture.

Your stupidity is astonishing.. Just because more people buy the car doesnt mean its better/worse than any other car.. This is especially true this country where the 'toyota' badge carries more weight irrespective of the actual car..

few in this country think that all others in this country are stupid. So get the crap four wheel a die with it because there are very few baffallos in this country to buy these crap other than few of you.

few in this country think that all others in this country are stupid. So get the crap four wheel a die with it because there are very few baffallos in this country to buy these crap other than few of you.

ok ok. We are the idiots, this site sucks. Now please leave.

Going by the same argument, Bajaj 3wheelers and Ashok Leyland buses are far better than BMW's and Merc's, because number of buses and 3 wheelers that pass bamba junction per minute is far greater!

• Like 5

Gosh, in that case, Toyotas are far better cars than BMW's! Oh WOW!!!!

first read carefully I said both cars are same price.

my friend is BMW same price as Toyata?

Good lord. I would explain my point to you but honestly I cant be bothered, I doubt you would understand anyway. So keep on thinking what you think, have a nice day :)

Going by the same argument, Bajaj 3wheelers and Ashok Leyland buses are far better than BMW's and Merc's, because number of buses and 3 wheelers that pass bamba junction per minute is far greater!

two replies for same argument

ok ok. We are the idiots, this site sucks. Now please leave.

dear freiend you can't say to leave me. but you can leave if you wish

Ah ok machan.

So if the price is same, only way to judge the better car is to stand in bamba junction and count the number of cars. Got it!

But why buy a vitz? Buy a Bajaj 3wheelers because more 3wheelers pass a junction per minute than any demio or vitz?

I try to give you my point again and again. If you still can't understand I can't help you because you should think of attending a good school now.

Instead of Jaai certificate, safety test ratings ect ect, they should start issuing "number of times car X passes dehiwela junction" certificate. That should be a better estimate of the value of car

I try to give you my point again and again. If you still can't understand I can't help you because you should think of attending a good school now.

Actually I can be bothered. So what your saying is two cars A and B are roughly the same price point. However, there are more A cars on the road than B. So therefore A is a better car? No!

Car A may have sold more units due to various factors such as better marketing, wider target audience, more 'conventional' features, market preference etc. In this case the 'Vitz' has sold more than the 'Demio' merely because the local market prefers the 'toyota' bade, it does not mean it is a better car. However everything depends on the perspective of the car buyer, especially when it comes to cars as similar as these two which are more or less small hatchbacks. Get it now?

• Like 1

Instead of Jaai certificate, safety test ratings ect ect, they should start issuing "number of times car X passes dehiwela junction" certificate. That should be a better estimate of the value of car

situation is very serious.

sorry for saying school it should have changed as kindergarten :sad-smiley-067:

situation is very serious.

sorry for saying school it should have changed as kindergarten :sad-smiley-067:

You are right. I think these forum members are against you because they are idiots and you are smart. You should not post here. It's an insult to your antelligent.

Actually I can be bothered. So what your saying is two cars A and B are roughly the same price point. However, there are more A cars on the road than B. So therefore A is a better car? No!

Car A may have sold more units due to various factors such as better marketing, wider target audience, more 'conventional' features, market preference etc. In this case the 'Vitz' has sold more than the 'Demio' merely because the local market prefers the 'toyota' bade, it does not mean it is a better car. However everything depends on the perspective of the car buyer, especially when it comes to cars as similar as these two which are more or less small hatchbacks. Get it now?

However everything depends on the perspective of the car buyer, especially when it comes to cars as similar as these two which are more or less small hatchbacks. Get it now?

you seems to be getting the point now. one should not buy a car to just use for ever and discard. It shouls value for money, good features , good brand and finally cariees good resale value. The final second hand market price carries sum of all these factors. we can't buy a car as we like buying a bread. we shold consider all these fators befor the buying decision. So I love all these majority people in this holy land who did a greate decision when choosing a car.

You are right. I think these forum members are against you because they are idiots and you are smart. You should not post here. It's an insult to your antelligent.

you are ansewering a question which was presented to any other. Don't do "Gonagae wadda burruwa karanawa"

I didn't say all members are against me, but very few like you