• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Vitz Or Demio?

GoDDy

Question

Hi,

I'm planning to get my first car and I'm looking for a sporty hatchback.

I'm in a dilemma between the new Toyota Vitz(KSP130) and Mazda Demio. I've got some deals:

Demio - 35mil

Vitz - 4.2 ~ 4.4 mil

I don't know whether it's wise to spend over 4mil on the new Vitz. I feel its a bit over priced considering the features it offers. But I cannot find one for less than 4mil(a grey one). The only reason I'm considering the Vitz is because it's a Toyota! which has a good resale value. I've read several posts here on the Demio, where people highly recommend it. However, they warn about the poor resale value it carries.

So what do you guys think is the best option for me?...

My budget is 4mil. But I wouldn't mind extending a bit if it's really worth it.

Edited by GoDDy

However everything depends on the perspective of the car buyer, especially when it comes to cars as similar as these two which are more or less small hatchbacks. Get it now?

you seems to be getting the point now. one should not buy a car to just use for ever and discard. It shouls value for money, good features , good brand and finally cariees good resale value. The final second hand market price carries sum of all these factors. we can't buy a car as we like buying a bread. we shold consider all these fators befor the buying decision. So I love all these majority people in this holy land who did a greate decision when choosing a car.

Very well man, keep on loving these people and doing your thing. I love how our governments tax system has created such a unique situation in this country, where the value of a car can actually appreciate with time. I guess that is how people like 'madoc' validate this specific type of thought process when buying a car..

Why machan?

Did the police catch you loitering in Bamba junction?

What was your excuse? "I was just counting the number of cars"?

now plese come home brother, counting practice is enough for today, lunch is waiting for you.

few in this country think that all others in this country are stupid. So get the crap four wheel a die with it because there are very few baffallos in this country to buy these crap other than few of you.

Well unfortunately for this country it is true, you want an example of few smart people vs loads of dumb people ? Look at the parliament and think who elected them, people power wooooooooooh ! ! ! :rolleyes:

"baffallos in this country to buy these crap other than few of you"

Yes yes your vitz is even better than a Rolls Royce, hmmmm come to think of it may be you should send a proposition to the Queen of England to discard her Royce and be driven around in a Vitz :)

my goodness... thought only prius fans are this arrogant, seems vitz fans are the same..

Madoc...

just driving a Suzuki swift sports. its in the same price range..

then you will get, why we call the vitz boring.

reliability isn't everything when owning a car.

im not saying that Vitz is a bad car.. 'its just a car'..

Well unfortunately for this country it is true, you want an example of few smart people vs loads of dumb people ? Look at the parliament and think who elected them, people power wooooooooooh ! ! ! :rolleyes:

If people not elected Prebakaran to parliment. When time come people will decide who should go home and who should come to power. you just can't decide that.

"baffallos in this country to buy these crap other than few of you"

Yes yes your vitz is even better than a Rolls Royce, hmmmm come to think of it may be you should send a proposition to the Queen of England to discard her Royce and be driven around in a Vitz :)

Then please send your demio to Queen. She will send you a Rolls Royce. Please mind brother Sri Lanka is no longer a colony of queen. Don't fell on your knees infront of her because of a demio. we are now a independent nation and people can take decision depend on their wish without Worshipping lords. What to do they still don't like your demio.

I also a greate fan of Toyota VITZ. It's a value for money car.

Utter and complete bullshit. Look, it may be a good car, have good features, do well on fuel, reliable, whatever like that, but it is NOT value for money. You have to pay a hideous price over value due to market conditions. I'm referring to the used market here, since I believe thats what we are looking at?

Then please send your demio to Queen. She will send you a Rolls Royce. Please mind brother Sri Lanka is no longer a colony of queen. Don't fell on your knees infront of her because of a demio. we are now a independent nation and people can take decision depend on their wish without Worshipping lords. What to do they still don't like your demio.

First of all i am not your brother, second of all i dont own a demio. And third ever herd of examples smarty pants ? now can you imagine the queen thing being as an example without bringing in all of this nationalist crap ?

Read this many times...cant decipher a thing :D

Your just typing sentences which do not even make any sense... you sound like one of those government types who just throw around dumb accusations when they got nothing to say.

Thank you for this vital piece of information.

Today I learned that Sri Lanka is an independent country and is no longer a British colony (I had to read autolanka to learn that BTW)

AND that cars are judged by the number of times it passes a junction, and definitely not by its performance, certifications, reviews or awards

Edited by liya

Utter and complete bullshit. Look, it may be a good car, have good features, do well on fuel, reliable, whatever like that, but it is NOT value for money. You have to pay a hideous price over value due to market conditions. I'm referring to the used market here, since I believe thats what we are looking at?

Pericles

being a moderador you don't allow a member to even express his own view. at least you should be polite. Is it good to express word like" Utter and complete bullshit." for a guys view. According to my knowledege moderator shold be nutral and unbiased. This forum is like " maduth hamuduruwangae, Naduth Hamuduruwange " moderators are biased and try to popularise certain opinion. So No point of arguing further. So do your job.

Your just typing sentences which do not even make any sense... you sound like one of those government types who just throw around dumb accusations when they got nothing to say.

I can make lot of sence.. :sport-smiley-027:

Thank you for this vital piece of information.

Today I learned that Sri Lanka is an independent country and is no longer a British colony (I had to read autolanka to learn that BTW)

AND that cars are judged by the number of times it passes a junction, and definitely not by its performance, certifications, reviews or awards

you are refering big brand Toyota

This is just like after drunken hevily, you challenge the moon

First of all i am not your brother

, second of all i dont own a demio. And third ever herd of examples smarty pants ? now can you imagine the queen thing being as an example without bringing in all of this nationalist crap ?

First of all i am not your brother
sorry ,, sorry .I am not your brother......... your are quenns son ..no? Any way Try to sell your demio by putting a ad in AL. one of the moderator will help you.

Pericles

being a moderador you don't allow a member to even express his own view. at least you should be polite. Is it good to express word like" Utter and complete bullshit." for a guys view. According to my knowledege moderator shold be nutral and unbiased. This forum is like " maduth hamuduruwangae, Naduth Hamuduruwange " moderators are biased and try to popularise certain opinion. So No point of arguing further. So do your job.

Listen, retard, don't you ever, EVER try to tell me what to do or how to moderate. That member HAS EXPRESSED his opinion. I expressed mine at what he said, just like you are arguing with the everyone. He isn't forced to follow my point of view.

And your "knowledge" is sadly lacking. You ever try saying something about your stupid ideas on how moderating should work, I WILL put you on official warnings. I'm tired of your retarded crap.

Listen, retard, don't you ever, EVER try to tell me what to do or how to moderate. That member HAS EXPRESSED his opinion. I expressed mine at what he said, just like you are arguing with the everyone. He isn't forced to follow my point of view.

And your "knowledge" is sadly lacking. You ever try saying something about your stupid ideas on how moderating should work, I WILL put you on official warnings. I'm tired of your retarded crap.

Pericles

jami 2.0

• Like 1