• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Left Foot Braking... Is It Good?

kasun001

Question

I wouldn't encourage that mate. Imagine someone hitting the brake using left foot infront of you :D

problem solved if somebody does that with a speeding tipper truck behind him :P

• Like 1

lol.... :speechless-smiley-004: ...autolanka is very high on my list of comic relief for the day... seriously!!! If the OP is really good at left foot braking in an auto, he must be extremely skilled at racing too...maybe he should come and advice us all on how to drive and have faster reaction times....would love to see his technique in an open one seater.... :violent-smiley-026:

• Like 2

Really? Then why is there a foot rest for the left leg in auto's?

I agree with you too.. This isn't the convenient method. As far as that guy do it in left doesn't mean we all. and for his concern if its his favorite/sure thing. Then its up to him.

Could you please tell me whic part I said wrong? coz you and me are in same town, may be you were behind me someday...

Ohhh man.... am I the only one seeing this...

@Malaka: machang next time someone is behind you make sure you have enough lubricant coolant else the head will go dry and cause unwanted damage on your internals...

• Like 2

everyone has/have some kind of a skeleton in their wardrobe... But the question my friend is "How Many??" So VVti, You're expert in motor mechanics isn't it? you probably know some vehicles include flappy padal gear boxes. No matter you use right or left to brake, If you get the result exactly. This guy Kasun001 can brake in left as much as good others no need to wonder about it. Some can do weird things in normal way. So I don't see any wrong in this.. Left or right as long as you brake.

OHH... Cool backup dancer backing up the main roll... way to go Mr. jdnet.

Machang, what are these flappy padal gear boxes? Can you explain? I am not motor mechanic... sadly :( WIsh I was, then I would know what you are on about.

Do you have thse flappy padals in your lexus? BTW, why are you up so late/early? 4.30am?

@Malaka: machang next time someone is behind you make sure you have enough lubricant coolant else the head will go dry and cause unwanted damage on your internals...

Thanks for heads up. I've learn that in a hard way long time ago.

Cyinder lining damage gena neda oya kiyanne? :)

For Auto vehicle this is the most suitable and convenient method.

Seriously?

I have been using an auto for about 6+ years now and never used the handbrake to stop going backwards in hills. this includes very steep road in kandy to one of my relatives place and Horton plains. I have not experienced it going backwards.....

Machang, what are these flappy padal gear boxes? Can you explain? I am not motor mechanic... sadly :( WIsh I was, then I would know what you are on about.

Do you have thse flappy padals in your lexus? BTW, why are you up so late/early? 4.30am?

Why do you need my whereabout so badly??? I'm in road traveling, its lot easy to drive mid night than day time.

Why do you need my whereabout so badly??? I'm in road traveling, its lot easy to drive mid night than day time.

You better be careful then.. else, 'accidents' might happen and your liners will bruise. :)

I agree with you too.. This isn't the convenient method. As far as that guy do it in left doesn't mean we all. and for his concern if its his favorite/sure thing. Then its up to him.

Look, if someone walks nude in broad day light, that doesn't mean its the right thing to do just because the nutter finds it "convenient" not put his clothes on

There is a purpose why clothes are made, just the same way there is a left foot rest in Autos.

If you want to walk naked then go to a nudist camp or if you want to use left foot braking, then do so in a place where it would not kill us, preferably Antarctica

Edited by liya

I never use in normal driving, but at times..........when myself and a friend of mine......at times take Auto transmission cars on rough roads and when climbing at snail speeds (due to rough road, gal and mul) I do use left foot braking. Mind you at very slow speeds where I need power and braking just to get over obstacles. That helps and has practiced in many times. Mind you these are off roads, Tea plantation up country......

But in road..........too bad..........

driving on our roads is stressful enough and unlike in a racing situ, you're not really being competitive so it doesn't make sense at all to be "left foot braking"

It's just another added layer of stress and something that can go wrong.

why go through the hassle just to be different and possibly look cool?

• Like 1

Could you please tell me whic part I said wrong? coz you and me are in same town, may be you were behind me someday...

oh no no no.. u are right... everyone should stop breaking from the right and use there left foot.. heck while your at it, why dont we just even accelarate from the left foot :)

and nhaaa... if i was behind you i might have flipped you off, if you would have been driving like that..

oh no no no.. u are right... everyone should stop breaking from the right and use there left foot.. heck while your at it, why dont we just even accelarate from the left foot :)

and nhaaa... if i was behind you i might have flipped you off, if you would have been driving like that..

Who said that I drve with left foot brake..

I never use in normal driving, but at times..........when myself and a friend of mine......at times take Auto transmission cars on rough roads and when climbing at snail speeds (due to rough road, gal and mul) I do use left foot braking. Mind you at very slow speeds where I need power and braking just to get over obstacles. That helps and has practiced in many times. Mind you these are off roads, Tea plantation up country......

But in road..........too bad..........

Please tell me when you need power AND braking at the same time?

Better yet, tell me HOW you could have both of them at the same time??????? Seriously man..HOW HOW HOW???

• Like 1