• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Left Foot Braking... Is It Good?

kasun001

Question

Please tell me when you need power AND braking at the same time?

Better yet, tell me HOW you could have both of them at the same time??????? Seriously man..HOW HOW HOW???

He cared about his car, on a bump he slowly passed it with little bit power and brake (NOT in same tme). with in seconds..

WOW!! To think morons like these are legally allowed to procreate let alone drive on our roads.... :)

Imagine what these idiots kids would be like. If they aren't retarded already, the world is in for a treat.

Please tell me when you need power AND braking at the same time?

Better yet, tell me HOW you could have both of them at the same time??????? Seriously man..HOW HOW HOW???

Friend, you did not get what I was trying to explain........you cannot have both Power and Braking same time, but switching between the two very fast. The roads I am mentioning here are very bad off road conditions. A normal Auto car user will not eve a dream of. We just do that for the fun and when we take off routes in normal trips.

The uneven climbing and too many obstacles require to brake suddenly as well as immediately apply power. So we do this.

By the way I am No Way Supporting or Seconding the OP's way of doing.......

Edited by varunatech

He cared about his car, on a bump he slowly passed it with little bit power and brake (NOT in same tme). with in seconds..

No man, it was not taking care of the car actually, but due to the toughness of the road with obstacles and steep climb...........

and I never recommend what the OP say.................never in Roads........

• Like 1

No man, it was not taking care of the car actually, but due to the toughness of the road with obstacles and steep climb...........

and I never recommend what the OP say.................never in Roads........

I did that in a plantation site and ended up with a broken link on balance bar.

And to tell you one example..........

Location was off Ohiya in a teas estate........a so called road inside the tea estate.......we took a Auto Toyota 121, for about 5kms of stretch spending good 45 minutes. A 400ft drop in the left. and few very narrow hair pin bends. And the torrential rains has left only rocks and all and climbing.

We had not a single bump or under body scratch. Later a Van with ground clearance followed the same path with other guys. He had light load compared to us as well. The driver was lamenting saying 10 times or "Yata Vaduna" and his eyes went into sky when he saw the Car has gone before him.

By the way need to mention we use the Parking brake as well.

Again no way on roads, I am more than happy only to use my right foot.

driving on our roads is stressful enough and unlike in a racing situ, you're not really being competitive so it doesn't make sense at all to be "left foot braking"

It's just another added layer of stress and something that can go wrong.

why go through the hassle just to be different and possibly look cool?

Fully agree, next time these folks will try their left foot in E01 as well.

And to tell you one example..........

Location was off Ohiya in a teas estate........a so called road inside the tea estate.......we took a Auto Toyota 121, for about 5kms of stretch spending good 45 minutes. A 400ft drop in the left. and few very narrow hair pin bends. And the torrential rains has left only rocks and all and climbing.

We had not a single bump or under body scratch. Later a Van with ground clearance followed the same path with other guys. He had light load compared to us as well. The driver was lamenting saying 10 times or "Yata Vaduna" and his eyes went into sky when he saw the Car has gone before him.

By the way need to mention we use the Parking brake as well.

Again no way on roads, I am more than happy only to use my right foot.

Those roads for tractors and lorries for transport tea leaves to factory, I've done it too and for the time its fun but after that balance bar incident I gave up, cox its too risky. Those roads contain huge roll shape rocks.. Sometimes tire skip with them and couldn't control.. Didn't want to wind up dead.

Those roads for tractors and lorries for transport tea leaves to factory, I've done it too and for the time its fun but after that balance bar incident I gave up, cox its too risky. Those roads contain huge roll shape rocks.. Sometimes tire skip with them and couldn't control.. Didn't want to wind up dead.

No wonder!!!!!!

Watchman, now you can see why our Malak2 is traumatized.... HUGE ROLL SHAPED ROCKS came from behind... :)

• Like 3

Friend, you did not get what I was trying to explain........you cannot have both Power and Braking same time, but switching between the two very fast. The roads I am mentioning here are very bad off road conditions. A normal Auto car user will not eve a dream of. We just do that for the fun and when we take off routes in normal trips.

The uneven climbing and too many obstacles require to brake suddenly as well as immediately apply power. So we do this.

By the way I am No Way Supporting or Seconding the OP's way of doing.......

How long does it take for you to move your foot from one pedal to the other? Either you have arthiritis or a very slow reaction time.. Either way you probably shouldnt be driving on public roads.. you seem like a hazard to the public..

Edited by Watchman
  • Like 1

I didn't tell you the fun part still. I avoided it bcoz you will laugh at it too.. I did that with my Dad's GX-100. Rear wheel spoil the rocks and drifted ending with broken balance bar. Estate worker rescued me but he reported it to dad, So that the end of my off road challenges.. Now you Happy...

Ya.. Ya.. Ya.. Don't ask it.. Its the same GX-100 That i blowed the gasket. Now you happy even...

Edited by Malaka2

"I disagree with what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it" - Voltaire

This is one of those live and let live situ's, kids. As long as the chap doesn't cause accidents and inconvenience others, there is no use attacking the LFB thing.

As much as you can take the mickey out of Malaka for these bloody gay sounding statements (Chap is really putting his foot in it with those), the initial point was, if he wants to do it, fine, let him. I'm not going to do it.

Chaps, you really need to take some time and understand things properly before starting arguments. By all means, argue, but try to stay sensible. If you argue based on misunderstanding, then you end up the one who looks foolish.

Time to wrap it up, no?

How long does it take for you to move your foot from one pedal to the other? Either you have arthiritis or a very slow reaction time.. Either way you probably shouldnt be driving on public roads.. you seem like a hazard to the public..

no machang, these are sharp obstacles...........you apply power and go over one and in a fraction you need to brake sharply to avoid hitting next or going to a ditch. Then you stop, turn the wheel, find the next grip position and apply power and move. It is like crawling from point to point in few inches distance.

These are rain washed foot paths, even some lorries wont dare, sometimes we need to get down and adjust few boulders........mind you it is not a Jeep it is a low ground clearance car. Car gets a beating in low gears and sudden braking, but worth the fun and scenery.

Edited by varunatech

Peri, true... but OP's matter was solved.

But now we have bigger matters in our hands... HUGE ROLL SHAPED ROCKS! Coming from behind!!! Wathethy Mahaththaya not keep initimate secrets, broken balance bars! The deflowering of poor Malaka2 behind a teabush..:)

List goes on!!!!

• Like 1

"I disagree with what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it" - Voltaire

This is one of those live and let live situ's, kids. As long as the chap doesn't cause accidents and inconvenience others, there is no use attacking the LFB thing.

As much as you can take the mickey out of Malaka for these bloody gay sounding statements (Chap is really putting his foot in it with those), the initial point was, if he wants to do it, fine, let him. I'm not going to do it.

Chaps, you really need to take some time and understand things properly before starting arguments. By all means, argue, but try to stay sensible. If you argue based on misunderstanding, then you end up the one who looks foolish.

Time to wrap it up, no?

Pardon me.. I'm so sorry. Did you insult me too as the other or did you say something to them about me. Like a lab rat or genie pig.. I'm not a model to for your guys experiments.. Can you please tell that in a simple english or tamil

When OP move his left foot to the right side to brake, his balls might get squeezed between his thighs :D. Maybe he likes the feeling of that... Otherwise why would a person wanna drive in a very uncomfortable driving position so that he could have a quick reaction time???? i mean, come on,, are you that lazy to take your foot from the gas & place it on the brake???

• Like 1

When OP move his left foot to the right side to brake, his balls might get squeezed between his thighs :D. Maybe he likes the feeling of that... Otherwise why would a person wanna drive in a very uncomfortable driving position so that he could have a quick reaction time???? i mean, come on,, are you that lazy to take your foot from the gas & place it on the brake???

Well said... Good point.