• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Left Foot Braking... Is It Good?

kasun001

Question

I have a car with automatic transmission and I always use my left foot for braking.

is it good? (my uncle screams at me whenever i use left foot to brake)

what do you guys think?

I have a car with automatic transmission and I always use my left foot for braking.

is it good? (my uncle screams at me whenever i use left foot to brake)

what do you guys think?

bro what's ur car? and No.??.. how can i identify ur car???

The biggest danger in using your left foot on a street car, beyond what has already been said here, is a stock seat belt will not hold you in place like a race harness. Generally, you'll use your right foot to brake and use your left foot to keep you from sliding forward. If you got your left foot on the brake and right on the throttle, as you apply the brakes your body will move forward increasing the brake pressure which will push your body forward even more thus increasing the brake pressure even more. Very difficult to do a controlled panic stop. Leave the left foot braking to experts in race situations.

• Like 3

He He nice paint job on the handle bars :P

heh heh. it was never meant to win beauty contests. :P practical enduro rider and that's it.

Also i almost exclusively use it for trips and dont run it daily. So it's just kept parked in the garage with the battery hooked to a float charger. Doesn't get any more attention that that unfortunately :D

Something tells me the entire bike is going to get a nice coat of paint real soon. Well after getting the air hose out of the BBQ.

Spray gun is 40k a pop man! I can buy a Mig for that price! :P

But you're right. Will get a cheaper spray gun and start off with my other bike to see how it goes! the XR needs some mechanical attention before i can put paint on it.

heh heh. it was never meant to win beauty contests. :P practical enduro rider and that's it.

Also i almost exclusively use it for trips and dont run it daily. So it's just kept parked in the garage with the battery hooked to a float charger. Doesn't get any more attention that that unfortunately :D

Spray gun is 40k a pop man! I can buy a Mig for that price! :P

But you're right. Will get a cheaper spray gun and start off with my other bike to see how it goes! the XR needs some mechanical attention before i can put paint on it.

What? you crazy? Just buy a cheap one. It's not like you are painting the truck. I paid 1600 for the one I used.

Edited by jdnet

For the Topic chaps, not for the bike...

The only ones who use both feet driving an automatic car are the idiots going down the highway with their brake lights on, even though they're not slowing down. Resting your left foot on a brake pedal engages the brake lights as well as the brakes, wearing both the bulbs and the brakes out faster. It is also flat-out dangerous because drivers behind you cannot tell when you're actually braking. No reputable instructor or any professional driver will EVER tell you that using your left foot on a brake pedal is acceptable under ANY circumstances, regardless of transmission type. The only purpose it could serve would be a brake-stand maneuver, where you are already at a dead stop and want to roast the rear tires while standing still, creating smoke and chaos. I can't believe how many responders don't know how to drive an automatic. They will even fail you in your driving test if they catch you doing it. NEVER use your left foot on a brake pedal. Never.

Edited by T-Bag

read the previous comments mate.. the OP is talking bout a auto tranny

and i have explained why i use the foot break instead of the handbrake

yeah just saw that, but thats because of a faulty handbrake, if you have a fine handbrake then you wouldnt have any problem. :) anyway its up to do whats easier for you

Manual cars have handbrakes too you know.

yeah but if you are a experienced driver you can balance both the brake and the accelerator when going up a hill using your right foot itself, i have seen my dad doing it.

Edited by Magnum

Those roads for tractors and lorries for transport tea leaves to factory, I've done it too and for the time its fun but after that balance bar incident I gave up, cox its too risky. Those roads contain huge roll shape rocks.. Sometimes tire skip with them and couldn't control.. Didn't want to wind up dead.

:sport-smiley-004: