• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Ohhhhh im getting fan mail from our "wanker" mirrors :rolleyes:

11vliee.jpg

Anyone else ? :D

Whats even worse is he thinks a prado is classy :rolleyes:

not even an uneducated mudalai with billion bucks would even dream of spending 30 mil on a prado.. seriously dude,, :D

• Like 1

not even an uneducated mudalai with billion bucks would even dream of spending 30 mil on a prado.. seriously dude,, :D

Actually they would. You cannot except anything else from these tasteless bandas.

i didnt go bend over to prestige lol wat u talking about i just asked wjkalana when he placed the order and how long does it ? i did'nt make a single call to prestige yet thats why i asked from the forum? :P i imported one to sell it, I dont think I will use it as i heard many stories from all my friends so i've changed my plans :)

What are these stories you heard?

• 1 month later...

i heard it some people buying for 9.9 and less... plus the import cost has come down from 8.7 to 8.25 due to the $

That and the fact that the agents have reduced the local charges from 1.5 mil + VAT back to 1.25 mil + VAT. People who buy cars for around 10 Mil are mostly car dealers themselves. They then palm it off for around 10.5 mil. Not a bad trade considering their money wasn't tied up for 4 months.

On a separate note watch out for soaring permit prices in the very near future as Unit#d Mot#rs are offering The Montero 3.2L DI-D version on the 25K + 5K USD permit. starting Monday. Lucky permit holders!!!

Well it doesnt matter what United offers options available to BMW 5 series and X3 that offers to the permit is just great. And I dont think Montero can have even 10% of it. So the best vehicle one can buy for this permit is BMW 5 and X3 IMO. I know for a fact only thing missing in BMW 5 for the permit and non permit is the leather seats and HID lights. And you only have two color option for the interior (blak and beige leatherette).

That and the fact that the agents have reduced the local charges from 1.5 mil + VAT back to 1.25 mil + VAT. People who buy cars for around 10 Mil are mostly car dealers themselves. They then palm it off for around 10.5 mil. Not a bad trade considering their money wasn't tied up for 4 months.

On a separate note watch out for soaring permit prices in the very near future as Unit#d Mot#rs are offering The Montero 3.2L DI-D version on the 25K + 5K USD permit. starting Monday. Lucky permit holders!!!

thats quite reasonable. I ordered a XF recently for the permit. Regency charged 2.2mn + VAT for local handling... The XF comes with all the options but not bluetooth...

On the upside they are very transparent. they even gave us the production date.

thats quite reasonable. I ordered a XF recently for the permit. Regency charged 2.2mn + VAT for local handling... The XF comes with all the options but not bluetooth...

The XF by far the best looking out of all the cars that are offered for the permit!!! given a choice I wouldn't go for that, considering that you paid 2.2mil + as agents fee's I'm not sure what they are offering lot more than others (eg. A6) except for the looks. Also worth knowing that some Indian guy would find a way to tell you that its an Indian car!!! that you can't deny and thats one of the main reason that I would go for it.

BMW is choice for many, and by no means a bad car, its got a fabulous engine to start with, looks businessy, and drives like a sports car, but when considering looks, and gadgets included I think the A6 that is offered for the permit is ahead.

Recently saw the 2013 Freelander offered for $25,000 so should be cheaper!!

Edited by poscher

Well it doesnt matter what United offers options available to BMW 5 series and X3 that offers to the permit is just great. And I dont think Montero can have even 10% of it. So the best vehicle one can buy for this permit is BMW 5 and X3 IMO. I know for a fact only thing missing in BMW 5 for the permit and non permit is the leather seats and HID lights. And you only have two color option for the interior (blak and beige leatherette).

They were the best vehicles on the permit until you went and bought one!

Edited by g-unit
  • Like 3

They were the best vehicles on the permit until you went bought one!

wjkalana,

I hope the 520 comes with a fire extinguisher as standard, cos you just got burned!

Edited by Watchman
  • Like 2

That must suck... not to have BlueTooth.... :((

I was hopping you would complain about the engine of the drive train, but no Bluetooth.... figures... one must look cool talking to himself in a XF I suppose... might be a big hit outside St Bridget's Convent at 1.30pm... alongside Malaka Silva's XF.... ;)

• Like 2

The XF by far the best looking out of all the cars that are offered for the permit!!! given a choice I wouldn't go for that, considering that you paid 2.2mil + as agents fee's I'm not sure what they are offering lot more than others (eg. A6) except for the looks. Also worth knowing that some Indian guy would find a way to tell you that its an Indian car!!! that you can't deny and thats one of the main reason that I would go for it.

BMW is choice for many, and by no means a bad car, its got a fabulous engine to start with, looks businessy, and drives like a sports car, but when considering looks, and gadgets included I think the A6 that is offered for the permit is ahead.

Recently saw the 2013 Freelander offered for $25,000 so should be cheaper!!

Seriously didnt know Jaguar XF is offered, do u know the price of it? Anyway thats also a great car

Dude, why worry about blue-tooth.

A real man hold his phone and talks on it while driving. He aint scared of no stinking cops. I guess you're just not brave enough...

I was hopping you would complain about the engine of the drive train, but no Bluetooth.... figures... one must look cool talking to himself in a XF I suppose... might be a big hit outside St Bridget's Convent at 1.30pm... alongside Malaka Silva's XF.... ;)

I was thinking this the other day too.. amazing how Silva can be the first to bring down a reputed vehicle and tarnish it image in the Sri Lankan eye...

Edited by Watchman

That must suck... not to have BlueTooth.... :((

engine is good from the reviews i have seen.... 190BHP and 400Nm ... 2.2L turbo.... the same engine which is offered in the evoque... only 5 will be imported this year so it will never be a another 520D..

without the permit it is 9.7mn... that was when the USD was 135... so should be less now

Correction mate. With the permit Diesel is offered at 9.7 Mn and Petrol is offered at 9.4 Mn. Without the Permit the Diesel would cost you around 22 Mn and the Petrol would be 17 Mn.

Correction mate. With the permit Diesel is offered at 9.7 Mn and Petrol is offered at 9.4 Mn. Without the Permit the Diesel would cost you around 22 Mn and the Petrol would be 17 Mn.

when is said without the permit i meant excluding the permit cost :) Are you a customer as well?