• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Prices Are Going Down!!!

RehanaA

Question

In my life , I have seen only two things easily possible with prices going down in Sri Lanka.

Those are Computers and Mobile phones. ;)

And why did these two go down? Because the market was saturated and only way to sell more is to make people upgrade. 2nd hand phones and PC's are selling very cheap - sometimes next to nothing - from those who are upgrading.

I hv no idea when the SL car market will hit that point, good thing for somebody to research on.

• Like 1

....Such higher prices in the 2nd hand market is going to create lower demand and soon prices will gradually come down slightly, if not already

I think it has already started. things will go down in few ten thousand. but will be higher than the pre price hike value.

....Such higher prices in the 2nd hand market is going to create lower demand and soon prices will gradually come down slightly, if not already

I think it has already started. things will go down in few ten thousand. but will be higher than the pre price hike value.

yep! I just noticed a J number Maruti being asked over a million rupees ?#$@%$%

http://autolanka.com/ad.asp?ID=79681

yep! I just noticed a J number Maruti being asked over a million rupees ?#$@%$%

http://autolanka.com/ad.asp?ID=79681

We practised not to make fun out of AL classifieds but pardon me.... how can I control myself. Truly WTF at 100%.No offence but I know a doctor who never carried out routine servicing on his brandnew Kyron after initial free ones .

MINIACE

• Like 1

We practised not to make fun out of AL classifieds but pardon me.... how can I control myself. Truly WTF at 100%.No offence but I know a doctor who never carried out routine servicing on his brandnew Kyron after initial free ones .

MINIACE

That's a quote as misleading as "mint condition". But it does get your car sold in record time. I, on the other hand, did maintain my civic meticulously, but at the end of the day the buyer was hung more over my credentials than that fact, because I didn't mention the former in the ad.

Sold it for 325,000 more than I bought it a year ago.

And that's Sri lanka's car market for you

MINIACE

lol theres a Carina advertised for 3.35mil :D

lol theres a Carina advertised for 3.35mil :D

it's a CT211 diesel it have 3C-TE engine it's a rare car in SL because of that owners ask high price for them some time a go there was a one in kandy the owner ask 3.5 mill for it so this price seems ok to me.

it's a CT211 diesel it have 3C-TE engine it's a rare car in SL because of that owners ask high price for them some time a go there was a one in kandy the owner ask 3.5 mill for it so this price seems ok to me.

fans right?

More precisely toyota fans...

I'm just asking brother...

What's the difference does it make, i mean a difference which worth 1 odd million. ?

It's still same carina right, probably with a light in boot and some bells and whistles .

fans right?

More precisely toyota fans...

I'm just asking brother...

What's the difference does it make, i mean a difference which worth 1 odd million. ?

It's still same carina right, probably with a light in boot and some bells and whistles .

first of all i'm not a die hard toyota fan i like some great toyota models such as ae86 starlet gt glanza supra and very reliable toyota hilux ect....

as for the one 1 mill difference is simply it's a rare car in SL as i said earlier and with it's 3C-TE engine that car have good acceleration and power for jap diesel car and with recent price hike it's not a surprising price.

Edited by nexus

first of all i'm not a die hard toyota fan i like some grate toyota models such as ae86 starlet gt glanza supra and very reliable toyota hilux ect....

as for the one 1 mill difference is simply it's a rare car in SL as i said earlier and with it's 3C-TE engine that car have good acceleration and power for jap diesel car and with recent price hike it's not a surprising price.

You can get a 3C-TE engine for like 200K and theres another Carina which is a 97 model thats advertised for 2.8mi. and thats too much

You can get a 3C-TE engine for like 200K and theres another Carina which is a 97 model thats advertised for 2.8mi. and thats too much

but it's not be the original will it? any ways i never said that price is reasonable but that's the price owners asking for them and there are people who buy them for that price.

but it's not be the original will it? any ways i never said that price is reasonable but that's the price owners asking for them and there are people who buy them for that price.

yes there are people to buy at that price point for sure.

But simply i'm trying to say is it's not worth at any standard, it's around million the gap .

Yes i agree the being rare makes some emotional value for certain vehicle.but carina is a simple family sedan , and i don't see the emotional factor involved with this.

Anyway, it's their money. Their decision.

im sure u can buy a "Supra" for that price :lol: .. may be n/a version.. but still?? better car than a Carina..

Exactly

It doesnt differ much from the original bro. i have replaced my car's engine and it made the car better not worst.

Yes. Before long vehicle prices will come down as fuel prices touch ~Rs.200-300/litre soon...!

Not really. The only ones that will be affected will be gas guzzlers. More efficient vehicles may actually see their value increasing. Now if only the price of gas went up and the gas guzzlers like the discovery would come down, I'm sure a lot of us here would be happy.

• Like 2

Yes i agree the being rare makes some emotional value for certain vehicle.but carina is a simple family sedan , and i don't see the emotional factor involved with this.

you will be surprised what some people will do for a toyota badge and diesel engine. ;)

It doesnt differ much from the original bro. i have replaced my car's engine and it made the car better not worst.

it's not that simple it's not a simple engine swap like you have done it's more complicated than that and the other carina diesel is old shell one this is new shell one in old one you get the normal 2C-T engine without a ECU in new one you get 3C-TE which mean it's a EFI diesel engine with a ECU and car engines are different from van engines and they are bit rare and i don't think you can find one for 200k they are cost more than that with ECU and stuff. overall it's a risky time and money consuming job so it's not worth to swap engine in carina if it's easy like in other models our fellows have done that in heap.