• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Prices Are Going Down!!!

RehanaA

Question

you will be surprised what some people will do for a toyota badge and diesel engine. ;)

it's not that simple it's not a simple engine swap like you have done it's more complicated than that and the other carina diesel is old shell one this is new shell one in old one you get the normal 2C-T engine without a ECU in new one you get 3C-TE which mean it's a EFI diesel engine with a ECU and car engines are different from van engines and they are bit rare and i don't think you can find one for 200k they are cost more than that with ECU and stuff. overall it's a risky time and money consuming job so it's not worth to swap engine in carina if it's easy like in other models our fellows have done that in heap.

I'm not sure about Carinas, but i have know few CR41s with a 3C turbo which originally comes with a 2C engine and i have seen KR41s also with a 3C turbo. i have a U13 and i know how hard it is to find a diesel engines for Japanese cars but if you search a bit you will be able to find one. and recently one of my friend's dad bought a diesel engine for his old shell Carina but im not sure whether its 2C or 3C.

bdw by any chance have you seen a U13 with a CD20T engine? i saw a CD20T car engine, it looks like it'll fit in

you will be surprised what some people will do for a toyota badge and diesel engine. ;)

Are you saying these cars at these ridiculous prices are aimed at myopic dimwits? Yeah, you probably hv a point! :)

I'm not sure about Carinas, but i have know few CR41s with a 3C turbo which originally comes with a 2C engine and i have seen KR41s also with a 3C turbo. i have a U13 and i know how hard it is to find a diesel engines for Japanese cars but if you search a bit you will be able to find one. and recently one of my friend's dad bought a diesel engine for his old shell Carina but im not sure whether its 2C or 3C.

bdw by any chance have you seen a U13 with a CD20T engine? i saw a CD20T car engine, it looks like it'll fit in

CR41 KR41's are mostly converted with 3C-T engine's it's not a EFI engine and for van finding necessary spare parts are easy than finding for car. finding ECU for a car will be very hard than finding for van.

i have never seen a U13 with CD20T engine so far but you cloud try to do it and it will be a ambitious project to try before you try that out do a good search about that subject that it can be done or you will end up with wasting your time and money in top of all that your will be end up with a faulty car. two years ago i all so thought to fix 3C-TE engine to a old shell carina after doing some search on that subject i gave up the idea because rarity of engine and ECU and some bass fella said 3C-TE engine don't fix correctly for old carina but i'm not sure about that any ways good luck to you fella.

CR41 KR41's are mostly converted with 3C-T engine's it's not a EFI engine and for van finding necessary spare parts are easy than finding for car. finding ECU for a car will be very hard than finding for van. i have never seen a U13 with CD20T engine so far but you cloud try to do it and it will be a ambitious project to try before you try that out do a good search about that subject that it can be done or you will end up with wasting your time and money in top of all that your will be end up with a faulty car. two years ago i all so thought to fix 3C-TE engine to a old shell carina after doing some search on that subject i gave up the idea because rarity of engine and ECU and some bass fella said 3C-TE engine don't fix correctly for old carina but i'm not sure about that any ways good luck to you fella.

Yeah i will only do it if the engine fits perfectly, as it was removed from car it should or else the present engine is fine

:lol: it says "Owned by a doctor" .. :lol: :lol: so who da F* cares..?? seriously..

Doctors and ladies are the worst car carers.

Doctors - don't have time to even wash the cars. Don't care about the clean. Run months without washing and cleaning.

Ladies - very bad in driving, using lot of breaking and don't know how to change the gears. Scratches every where in the car. Not cleaning the car properly.

• Like 1

Doctors - don't have time to even wash the cars. Don't care about the clean. Run months without washing and cleaning.

Ladies - very bad in driving, using lot of breaking and don't know how to change the gears. Scratches every where in the car. Not cleaning the car properly.

Agreed.... mainly to the doctors part...... knowing the profession......

The reality is that car sales are doing bad these days!!! One of my friend said they haven't had sold a car since Sinhala New Year! Therefore you can bargain and Bargain and BARgain and BARGAin and BARGAIN.... (coz you loose nothing but only you win)

I guess everyone should do the same for these second hand vehicles. If not walk away!!!

Edited by RehanaA

So how about buying a car from a MrsDoctor? lol... I don't know about Doctors but nowadays you get very good lady drivers - seriously!!

Well atleast they also don't have enough time to,

Cover up costly repairs by small things,

tamper with the odo ect.

Like the businessmen do.

And it is about trust they usually have better ways of earning money than cheating on people like the people who buy and sell cars do.

Most of them use cars for transport and not investments.

Edited by Clark's son

tamper with the odo ect.

Like the businessmen do.

And it is about trust they usually have better ways of earning money than cheating on people like the people who buy and sell cars do.

Kiyapan Jeremy! Doctors aside, we should start a new educational thread on how washing a car does NOT repair it's dents and change its oil! Lol

Some people, I tell you...

• Like 1

The reality is that car sales are doing bad these days!!!

And you think bullsh*t threads like this is helping the car market in any way? Wish someone would take this down cos the sellers whose stock arrived just after the tax hike are really struggling.

Oh! and if the prices were ever to come down it won't be for another 2-3 years so end it there.

Edited by JadeyBlitzen
  • Like 1

Another fact is that doctors are always with patients with various diseases-germs... so the interior is !!!!!!!!

And how much time do you think germs will last without moisture,

And have you ever heard about disinfectant hand washes that dry out without water you can use those.

And for lady drivers,

my mom drives cars for about 30yrs,

And the steering wheel of her car always stinks.

She now drives a 2002 march and I use disinfectant on the steering wheel before using it because it smells of rotten fish, chicken,

Kiyapan Jeremy! Doctors aside, we should start a new educational thread on how washing a car does NOT repair it's dents and change its oil! Lol

Some people, I tell you...

100% true

as is "Everything that shines isn't gold"

People who know their cars know that "Every car that shines isn't mint"

Members,

I don't think she will ever buy a car,now she is posting to 2nd thread.This thread is more than 60 posts.As i said to her last thread she is doing a market survey.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

For once I agree with Sylvi. This thread is a really bad attempt at trolling. OP/Troll is a retard.

Come on people. Just ignore the troll already.

Edited by jdnet
  • Like 2

And how much time do you think germs will last without moisture,

And have you ever heard about disinfectant hand washes that dry out without water you can use those.

And for lady drivers,

my mom drives cars for about 30yrs,

And the steering wheel of her car always stinks.

She now drives a 2002 march and I use disinfectant on the steering wheel before using it because it smells of rotten fish, chicken,

:speechless-smiley-004:

For once I agree with Sylvi. This thread is a really bad attempt at trolling. OP/Troll is a retard.

Come on people. Just ignore the troll already.

So true man. Just got a little riled at accusations of being filthy by profession!!these trolls are nasty little buggers no?

tamper with the odo ect.

Like the businessmen do.

some of the worst car users and badly maintained cars I know belongs to 2,3 doctors I personally know.

Just for the record. Saying "all doctors are bad drivers" is ridiculous. You people have no idea what you are even talking about so end this retarded conversation ok?

this is like saying all black people are rapists and all aids patients are gay.

• Like 2

some of the worst car users and badly maintained cars I know belongs to 2,3 doctors I personally know.

oh stop being a jackas*. I know plenty of non-doctors who don't even know how to check the oil level.

I knew this one idiot who kept losing brake fluid and refilling it each time he did.

• Like 4

I think the market is in a state of confusion. Certainly demand is poor. Sellers have not been able to move stock from what I've heard. There's also the credit limits imposed on Lease providers by the Central Bank that make financing a car difficult these days. Add to this the interest rates increase and jump in duty and the exchange rate. We were already paying far too much for cars compared with most of the rest of the world, and things just got a lot worse.

Therefore importers who are on borrowings might be keen to liquidate stocks. A price reductionw will depend a lot on how much stock there is of course.

I think the situation is likely to get worse before people "adjust" to the new prices. Maybe when interest rates ease a bit demand could slowly pick up. We won't see it this year I believe.