• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Prices Are Going Down!!!

RehanaA

Question

my mom said that she heard the same news (prices are going down) over the radio this morning. is this true, or is she trolling me as well? because she does that sometimes

This reminds me of how my mom told me nice things to make me eat when I was small.

You'r mom must be saying - Eat this biya kata puthe car prices are going down we can go in a broooooooom

• Like 4

Guys,

Reality is when people quote unrealistic prices for a vehicle, demand comes down and all they get left over and only the cars which quote a reasonable prices will be sold....

I have came across a girl who quoted 3750000/= for a HD# corolla 121- G grade... .. (without asking is it with her...!!) I just told I have a customer for 3500000/=...! She was telling if she gets atleast 3600000/= she will consider to sell the car.

As a whole, the number of buyers who wanna switch vehicles will comedown in the market and reduction in damand will force people to really wanna sell their cars to comedown in unrealistic price..

For exaple if u check 2004 F/op auto Toyota vios on site (Type Vios on key word box) there are few quoting 2.9m to 3.1m...

But ones in 2.75mn to 2.85mn will move depending on the condition.

Not a million miles away - "GTO" posting last week on India's Team-BHP forum:

"They say every cloud has a silver lining. Well, that's certainly the case for those in the market buying a used petrol car. After this development (Petrol prices hiked by Rupees 7.50. EDIT : Now reduced by 2 Rupees), prices of used petrol cars - across ALL SEGMENTS - have tanked. Another contributing factor is the massive discounting on new petrol cars from manufacturers & dealers.

While cheaper models have seen adjustments of 10 - 15%, there are plentiful cars that have lost 20 - 25% of their value overnight. 2006 - 2008 Alto, Spark & Santro prices are now about 30,000 (even 40,000 in some cases) lower than the levels of April 2012, while that for the petrol Swift is 40,000 - 50,000. Late model Getz' & Aveos are yours for throwaway prices. Well-maintained 2008 i10s are changing hands for under 2 lakhs (that's less money than a new Nano!). Spend 50K more and you can get yourself a petrol Verna of the same vintage ('08 Hyundai Verna = Rs. 2.5 lakh). Amazing Optras for a mere 1 - 1.5 lakh rupees & pristine Cedias for Rs. 2.5 - 3.0 lakhs gather dust in dealer lots. I've seen good Civics for 4 lakhs, Altis for 5.25 and 2007 - 2008 Accords trading at a mere 5.5 - 6.5 lakh in Mumbai. Live to drive? How about a 3 year old Laura 1.8 TSI for less money than a new Hyundai i20 Asta? Fatter wallet? For between 10 - 18 lakhs, you have the widest choice of C Class, E-Class and 3 series (325i 6-cylinder for 12 lakhs). A low mileage E60 BMW 525i for 17 lakhs makes my mouth water.

It's an absolute buyer's market out there. Thus, if your running isn't much and / or you prefer petrol, there's never been a better time to go out shopping. Even after the price drop, there are few takers for used petrol cars, especially models from the D1 (Altis, Civic, Laura) and D2 segments (Superb, Accord, Teana etc.). Bargain hard. "

Don't know what to say, really.

I came to know from a reliable source that the vehicle prices are going down in the near future? Any ideas??? RA

Yes Its True !!!!

But not near future .

In future there will be no fuel to run the vehicals . so the vehical price will be go down for shure !! :speechless-smiley-004:

The reality is that car sales are doing bad these days!!! One of my friend said they haven't had sold a car since Sinhala New Year! Therefore you can bargain and Bargain and BARgain and BARGAin and BARGAIN.... (coz you loose nothing but only you win)

I guess everyone should do the same for these second hand vehicles. If not walk away!!!

IT SEEMS YOU HAVE NOTHING TO SELL.

I came to know from a reliable source that the vehicle prices are going down in the near future? Any ideas???

RA

WHAT IS THE RELIABLE SOURCE. DO NOT SPREAD RUMORS. IF YOU NEED TO BUY A CAR GO AND BUY IT.

HEARD YOU BOUGH A JAPANESE SPEAKING CAR FOR REDUCED PRICE

WHAT IS THE RELIABLE SOURCE. DO NOT SPREAD RUMORS. IF YOU NEED TO BUY A CAR GO AND BUY IT.

HEARD YOU BOUGH A JAPANESE SPEAKING CAR FOR REDUCED PRICE

IT SEEMS YOU HAVE NOTHING TO SELL.

Seems someone having a tough time with selling their garbage...Lol

Edited by tinyman

http://www.gossiplan...nd-vehicle.html

I just saw this post in gossiplanka, just check it out the prices quoted there are extremely low than what we see here at Autolanka

Since when is a celebrity gossip site a reliable news source?The editor can't even pronounce the makes and models properly.The guy probably saw this thread and thought it was 'news'.

http://www.gossiplan...nd-vehicle.html

I just saw this post in gossiplanka, just check it out the prices quoted there are extremely low than what we see here at Autolanka

AutoLanka does NOT quote prices. We ain't a car sale, we just operate a marketplace.What you see if the asking prices from private individuals. What you pay for it, or offer for it, is your own look out.