• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Philips Bulbs

Bumble

Thanks! Looks like this guy doesn't have HB series.

Yeah, I saw those package photos in the the first place, but what I mentioned was the performance of them after you fitted in:) Fingers crossed for my worthy investment.

An update from me. After reading many reviews, I came to a conclusion that 80+ 90+ efficient lights do not last longer, and the difference between 30+, 50+, >50+ is not that significant.

So I have fallen back to Philips Blue Vision 30+ (4000K) HB3 for my headlamp considering the lifetime and the cost. Cost was 3000/= per pair. (HB series is expensive than H)

(Osram nightbreakers were somewhere like 7000/= per pair)

An update from me. After reading many reviews, I came to a conclusion that 80+ 90+ efficient lights do not last longer, and the difference between 30+, 50+, >50+ is not that significant.

So I have fallen back to Philips Blue Vision 30+ (4000K) HB3 for my headlamp considering the lifetime and the cost. Cost was 3000/= per pair. (HB series is expensive than H)

(Osram nightbreakers were somewhere like 7000/= per pair)

90+ aren't known for their longevity, rather their increased output (up to 90% extra over regular 55/60 bulbs). In fact, Nightbreakers were notorious for their short lifespan till the Plus variety came along.

90+ aren't known for their longevity, rather their increased output (up to 90% extra over regular 55/60 bulbs). In fact, Nightbreakers were notorious for their short lifespan till the Plus variety came along.

Yeah, I do hope that PLUS will last longer. But there aren't any proofs yet. Hopefully you can comment here, and I sincerely hope it should be couple of years later:)

The other reason did not select Nightbreakers was I got four lamps (2 HB3 & 2 HB4), so the cost will be high. Planning to buy Philips Crystal Vision Ultra 4500K for the other two since I prefer a little blue tint HID look.

In any case, one should not question about the light output of osram nightbreakers plus and philips xtreme vision. They are at the top of their rankings. It's just that you might have to compensate the lifespan a little bit for more light.

Edited by razordj

I came across a place which sold Night breakers- Thought I might as well share the info if any one is interested. ( Not intended to advertise )

It was a 55/60 W bulbs, Osram Night breakers, cost was apx Rs. 3000/-

Location : Supreme Motors on the high level road between Delkanda Pola & Universitiy junction – on the right side when coming from Nugegoda.

'mazdaspeed',

Thank you sharing above post, did you fix them. Have you got any comments about brightness, is better than early bulbs that you have had.

Can you please send their contact number. Email me. [email protected] or [email protected]

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

Planning to buy them during the weekend - will update on the same. Shall drop u a PM with my info.

• 5 years later...
On 5/24/2012 at 9:20 PM, Bumble said:

If someone know where to buy PHILIPS Halogen bulbs in Sri Lanka? I have a FD1. Even Stafford does not have. I checked Darley road as well. They have only Chinese stuff which are not durable. Checked ebay also. They have all types but not my type. That is H5 12V 60W BLUE. Dont know whether I could use other types(H1 H7 and etc).

Thank you

Yes,

i bought Philips headlights for my car from Phoenix enterprises. They have authorised Philips products,

You can  contact them through this number 070 330 90 66

36 minutes ago, Naveen auto said:

Yes,

i bought Philips headlights for my car from Phoenix enterprises. They have authorised Philips products,

You can  contact them through this number 070 330 90 66

@Naveen auto You are replying to a 2012 thread. So it is already 6 years old.