• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Bad Garage Experience In Kandy

TechHater

I had to repair my front side pannel and the driver side mirror of my car after a private bus crashed in side.the insurance people agreed to replace both. the repair job was given to "K*undas*le Auto W*rks" where many told me its the hot spot in Kandy for these issues.the initial impression was good.a man with a tie claiming to be an advisor got hold of the matter and ordered the parts through toyota lanka right away. it took 2 1/2 months for the parts to land (as they said from japan) and the advisor forgot the whole story in few days,so i had to poke toyota lanka to get down the parts.meanwhile i had to drive the car with all sorts of plasters on.

only after the parts were there,they noticed that they ordered the wrong parts.it took another two weeks to get the right part(as they said through special delivary).then they agreed to finsh the job in 4 days only if i pay their sum before the insurance cheque comes ,which i agreed. the first two days ,the vehicle was parked on the same spot without even someone bothering to look at.

on the third day i was steaming with anger and blasted the advisor guy and the tinkering dept after which they vehemently took over the job.

on the fourth day when i returned from work early to have a look at the progress, i was amazed to see that in almost 10 hrs of on and off working hours, they have fixed the front pannel.puttied the front panel and front door ,fixed the mirror, cut the rough,applied primer and applied under coating too.

i waited while to see how this "wonder baas" complete the rest.

a young bloke came in after lunch and started spraying in the open dust. i asked what the two painting booths are there for. he said for these kind of paints booth painting is not good. then i asked him whether the toyota company is having their painting plant in the open dust which he had no clue.

the advisor guy had no clue either ,he said he didnt even know the painting has started.

the next day the job was done and the car was parked outside. obviously the colours were different. the wonder bass had forgot to cover the gaps between panels and spray was all over inside the A pillar.and finish was a total mess. i had to get another baas guy to remove the paint on rubber beadings. and clear coat had drip marks on few spots,when i showed them they said it needs a cut and polish which is not included in this job which i have to do as a separate job on my expense

after all,it was a bad ,incomplete, work of shit with a labour cost alone being 42K.

My advise, Please avoid this place, you can get a much better work done for much lesser cost elsewhere.

Why didn't you approach the agents? (TL)

My EK3 met with an accident in 2011. I have been doing the regular mintenance in Staff#$d Motors. My car was insured by Cey@#nco. Went starigt to S Motors & the Insuarnce assesor stated that if I purchase parts (Front bumper,Side panel & one head light) from the agent I will have to pay 40% of the value of those parts. The rest of the charges were paid in full, directly to the Agents. No issue at all with the repair.

Why I prefer to aproach the Agent is mainly I can blame them if they do an Incomplete job & compared to other garages, they will at least try to get it sorted out. This does not mean the Agent is or will be the best. I too had several bad experiences in different joints.

Yes you can do mechanical+running+accident repairs from willies and i can recommend priyantha in mawilmada also for repairs.

btw whats your vehicle and where do you locate? few other plc are there where i can recomend.

Sorry for the late reply....! Its a 2008 toyota vitz, 1000cc to be exact. And I'm from Matale.

Are they, I mean Willies, good at it ??

yeah can recommend willies for you as well for any repair.that plc is very busy & its better if u can make a prior appointment. only problem for me is to go there is up & down 50km :speechless-smiley-003:
about willies, yes, its not a bad place to do all the repairs. i know couple of people who are happy with there service, been there myself sometime back. no complains

Highly appreciate your inputs. Thank you!

about willies, yes, its not a bad place to do all the repairs. i know couple of people who are happy with there service, been there myself sometime back. no complains

Does this place do mechanical repairs or paint?

• 3 years later...
On 5/25/2012 at 10:22 PM, maheshw said:

Even for a Service dont go for Kundasale Au.. Service. Just waste of money. there are so many places other than that.

They still maintain their standard of boast 6 years later ;)

• 5 months later...

I have bad experience with car electrical repair

never go to nih@l electrics kandy. road side workplace around suduhampola fire brigade ( few meters ahead to kandy ). He does not know anything about how electrics works. he wrap blown fuse with wires.never finds actual reason for the cause. always finding easy ways and dangerous ways  to overcome the problem. his chargers are higher too 

• Sad 1