• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Windscreen Cracking

kumaras

I also have a question I'd like an answer to. I have an older car with small scratches in the windscreen which does not affect daytime visibility, but it a mess at night. I don't think the glass is laminated.

Is there a system where these scratches can be polished out, and if so who offers this service?

Our good old Sylvi Wijesinghe is the one to contact. Although I do not have personal experience with his work, I read on the forum that his work is pretty good. He does windscreen polishing (which will address your issue) and crack repair. I'm sure he himself shared his contact details here more than once.

If the scratches are small, headlight polishing person can help you me thinks.

Polishing plastic headlights is quite different from polishing a glass windscreen. You will end up ruining your windscreen if the same method is tried with the windscreen.

I also have a question I'd like an answer to. I have an older car with small scratches in the windscreen which does not affect daytime visibility, but it a mess at night. I don't think the glass is laminated.

Is there a system where these scratches can be polished out, and if so who offers this service?

There is a substance called cerium oxide. I got a sample from 3M and tried it on a scratched side glass. In fact it works, but you have to polish for hours to get a reasonable result.