• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Ceylon Motorshow 2012 - 8Th, 9Th And The 10Th Of June, 2012 At The Bmich

milindu

Any idea on the history of these cars? pretty amazing that we had american muscle lovers back in the day who went through the trouble to bring it down.

hte mustang, i read in a mag, is owned by an enthusiast who bought it while studying int he states, and then drove t cross country to sri lanka. must have been quite a wild ride. i think its a 3 speed auto, and mostly in topping condition. lovely piece of americana. would love to know about the barracuda. wonder if its a hemi engine

I saw 1 Lucas girl. And the XK was a lot better looking. Besides, I ran into half of Stigmata at that time, so I was talking with them.

...have to agree about the XK the guy doing the sales part was from college a couple of year younger managed to get into the XJ to take a peak at the interior and the display....

and that's where my brother and i ran into you.. you sly dog!

Eh? Damn, I've had a burnt out weekend, can't remember this. And why is this sly? I was talking with my friends and admiring a car.

...have to agree about the XK the guy doing the sales part was from college a couple of year younger managed to get into the XJ to take a peak at the interior and the display....

I was told I could have a sit in the XK, but I decided not to. Sometimes its better not to know that go off in envy :D Besides, I don't like working inside cars. Not enough room. The only interior pics I took this time are of a convertible with its top down. Plenty of space to work with ;)

Side note, that 240Z has deteriorated. Makes me very sad. Paint bubbles and plenty of oxidization :(

Yes Peri. I thought that car should not have qualified to be displayed with those bumpers. The 240Z is such a gorgeous car but anyone looking at this one would not look twice. Also I don't think that colour suits it. Looks too 90's. I think a 70's colour will make it look the biz.

hte mustang, i read in a mag, is owned by an enthusiast who bought it while studying int he states, and then drove t cross country to sri lanka. must have been quite a wild ride. i think its a 3 speed auto, and mostly in topping condition. lovely piece of americana. would love to know about the barracuda. wonder if its a hemi engine

The 'Cuda was a SL Police pilot car. There are two of them. The black and a white. They were auctioned by the SL Police in the mid 90's and I was present. I think they are both sixes under the "hood", so not Hemi's. Btw they have got power hoods (roofs) ;)

Well the jaguar Xj and the XK stole the show compared to the porsches

They stole the show? really? Stock cars from the dealer stealing the show...LMAO :speechless-smiley-004:

I almost felt like going and asking for my Rs 100 to be refunded

They stole the show? really? Stock cars from the dealer stealing the show...LMAO :speechless-smiley-004:

I almost felt like going and asking for my Rs 100 to be refunded

Well if you didn't want to see stock vehicles by the authorised agents, you would have been better off at the Colombo Motorshow or the likes.

Well if you didn't want to see stock vehicles by the authorised agents, you would have been better off at the Colombo Motorshow or the likes.

Read the post again. Where does it say you don't wanna see agents vehicles?

When going to a 'Motor Show' I would expect more than the snooze fest it was though. I went on Friday...I dunno if the atmosphere was any better on on the weekend.

I dunno. I thought I wasn't getting the buttons so that I can't like or dislike my own, which makes sense, considering all the idiots out there liking their own posts.

maybe cos you're a mod? i don't see vote up/down buttons for you either.

Photos are great Peri, there's a shot of the 300- green XJS which I saw on the back of a truck a few weeks ago. I suppose it was been transported to be prepped for the show.

Sadly No Minis at the motor show. Mighty Mini club was not invited this year. So the Mini club decided to drive around Colombo city and display few cars at BMICH north lawn on Saturday. Few pictures.

At starting point near SSC.

img00635201206091700.jpg

img00645201206091701.jpg

Briefing by President of the club

mini2w.jpg

MINIACE