• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Ceylon Motorshow 2012 - 8Th, 9Th And The 10Th Of June, 2012 At The Bmich

milindu

For me the highlight of the show was that immaculate range rover classic. Never seen a late model in such good condition in sri lanka ever.

The BMW 3.0 CSL caught me by surprise too. Is that really a CSL? must be worth fortune now.

That was quite a sight. Pretty rare no?

Sadly No Minis at the motor show. Mighty Mini club was not invited this year. So the Mini club decided to drive around Colombo city and display few cars at BMICH north lawn on Saturday. Few pictures.

At starting point near SSC.

MINIACE

I saw these coming and parking as I was leaving. Was wondering why there weren't any inside.

For me the highlight of the show was that immaculate range rover classic. Never seen a late model in such good condition in sri lanka ever.

The BMW 3.0 CSL caught me by surprise too. Is that really a CSL? must be worth fortune now.

Yeah, the whole Landy stall was pretty well presented. And agreed on the CSL, I'm guessing most of the non-enthusiasts would have just gone past that gawking at the Ferraris.

Read the post again. Where does it say you don't wanna see agents vehicles?

When going to a 'Motor Show' I would expect more than the snooze fest it was though. I went on Friday...I dunno if the atmosphere was any better on on the weekend.

Well your previous comment looks like you were not impressed with the local agents and you would have preferred to see some modified cars with a lot of sound.

For me the stand out was the BMW 3.0CSL

That was quite a sight. Pretty rare no?

I would never complain about anything in life ever if I had just those 2 cars in my garage.

Yeah, the whole Landy stall was pretty well presented. And agreed on the CSL, I'm guessing most of the non-enthusiasts would have just gone past that gawking at the Ferraris.

Yep, a crying shame. wish these people would sit down an learn a thing or two about truly great automobiles than be bonkers for anything red and fast

There was a rather enthusiastic gentleman alongside me talking about the aluminium doors, bonnet and boot lid of the csl in front of a rather unimpressed group of people. sums up the whole thing I'd say.

Well your previous comment looks like you were not impressed with the local agents and you would have preferred to see some modified cars with a lot of sound.

For me the stand out was the BMW 3.0CSL

Correct on the local agents and wrong on your ricers...that's some pretty loaded assumptions you seem to have made there :speechless-smiley-004: . Go read it again.

was this car gold in colour a few years ago by any chance? i recall seeing such a car a while back..

Yes it was. Funny enough the official name for that colour is "Ceylon Gold"! I think the car needs the original rear wing. That small spoiler just "spoils" an otherwise perfect car.

Yes it was. Funny enough the official name for that colour is "Ceylon Gold"! I think the car needs the original rear wing. That small spoiler just "spoils" an otherwise perfect car.

I think I know the origin of this car.. I guess the story that the collection is finding new homes is true... interesting.. we'll be seeing quite a few classics out there soon...

I think I know the origin of this car.. I guess the story that the collection is finding new homes is true... interesting.. we'll be seeing quite a few classics out there soon...

I think the car you saw in that collection was an E24 6 series machan. It was also the same colour.

WOW... really, Thought that's an awesomely done conversion given the rarity of RHD batmobiles. Our Little Island is great....

I could be wrong, but I believe it should not be called a "Batmobile". Because this is a CSL with the optional "Batmobile" body kit. The kit was an option. I think the real "batmobiles" are the race cars. Anyway I recall reading up something to that effect when I was offered the car many years ago. Either way it's an outstanding machine. 206bhp, so rare and a truely beautiful BMW unlike many of the modern ones.

Wouldn't be the "Batmobile" without the wing though.

Agreed. It just needs that wing to make it complete. If the wing is omitted then the front air dam and the roof spoiler have no place on it IMO.

I think the car you saw in that collection was an E24 6 series machan. It was also the same colour.

I think you're right.. you seem to remember the stuff I saw more than I do.. :D

I was trying to find those photos last night to compare, but couldnt place them..

Agreed. It just needs that wing to make it complete. If the wing is omitted then the front air dam and the roof spoiler have no place on it IMO.

And was an optional extra given in the boot because it wasn't street legal in Germany. I'm still tickled by "Ceylon gold" tho!