• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Kia Sorento 2012 Permit

pdeeban

Question

Hey guys I'm planning to buy a kia sorento 2012 any of you own a kia sorento 2012 under a permit?

if so please tell me your opinions and how is the suv ie: comfy/noise/mechanical issues etc

really appreciate your opinions.....

Thanks

:)

Cheque will be issued to the owner of the car and thats why all of us should buy permits from relatives or closefriends. Its risky to buy it from a unknown person

Exactly. Good that you are aware of it.

• Like 1

May i know what do u mean by this? FYI if i stay in sl i ll be doing a job that van receive a permit.

What I mean? Simple... I can't stand people selling permits & government issuing permits specially to politicians & other officials who does nothing but ruin the country. (I keep Doctors away from this list) And they try to make a living out of it by selling the given permit. It much better if they continue to issue the Tax payers permit since I feel it's much more worth while.

Edited by Crishan
  • Like 5

Dude yes you have a point there, What I say is everyone who brings foreign currency to the country should receive a permit. (Exporters, Workers even Maids (at least for them to earn some money by selling it)

Do us all a favour and take some classes in finance and economics.

Do us all a favour and take some classes in finance and economics.

Why should i do it? Heres my suggetion people bring more than $150000 should give a duty free permit of 50000 usd

And all other peolle qualify for 30% ~40 % of the money thwy have bought to the country

So even maids can get close to a duty reduction of 2000usd.

And sri lankan tax payers should given permits.

Giving permits to politicians are useless but thats how our country brought up so we cant stop it.

And dude economics and finances are just 3rd class subjects and anyone can do them. Person who holds a

PhD from phyaical sciences dont have to do economics to come up with these.

Why should i do it? Heres my suggetion people bring more than $150000 should give a duty free permit of 50000 usd

And all other peolle qualify for 30% ~40 % of the money thwy have bought to the country

Giving permits to politicians are useless but thats how our country brought up so we cant stop it. (1)

And dude economics and finances are just 3rd class subjects and anyone can do them. (2) Person who holds a

(1) So why do you support the system by purchasing a Permit from a third party? (errespective of a politician or not)

(2) I wonder if you have heard a qualification by the name of CFA.

• Like 2

Giving permits to politicians are useless but thats how our country brought up so we cant stop it.

And dude economics and finances are just 3rd class subjects and anyone can do them. Person who holds a

aint no cure for mental retardation.

• Like 3

Dude yes you have a point there, What I say is everyone who brings foreign currency to the country should receive a permit. (Exporters, Workers even Maids (at least for them to earn some money by selling it)

To follow your logic further, everybody who does some service to the country deserves a permit.... true, but the everybody who pays taxes in SL deserves one too, but then what is the point? Everybody will get permits and the government will get no revenue from vehicle imports. And to be honest anything that moves foreign reserves out of SL like buying vehicles is not good for the Sri Lankan economy either.

Basically granting everyone permits is not going to work. We neither have the infrastructure nor can we afford it as a nation. Vehicle taxation is one of the few genuine sources of income the government has.

Government servants are given permits as an incentive for their service to the state and also to keep them in the government service even under lower pay conditions. The same applies to doctors who will get paid a lot more if they worked for private establishments. I will not comment about MP permits.

For your information I am an ex pat too. My sincere thinking here is considering the hardship most people in SL have to undergo at the moment, it is a little unfair to demand the government to make further incentives which most of our hard working tax paying brothers and sisters will not get.

Edited by The Don
  • Like 3

To follow your logic further, everybody who does some service to the country deserves a permit.... true, but the everybody who pays taxes in SL deserves one too, but then what is the point? Everybody will get permits and the government will get no revenue from vehicle imports. And to be honest anything that moves foreign reserves out of SL like buying vehicles is not good for the Sri Lankan economy either.

Basically granting everyone permits is not going to work. We neither have the infrastructure nor can we afford it as a nation. Vehicle taxation is one of the few genuine sources of income the government has.

Government servants are given permits as an incentive for their service to the state and also to keep them in the government service even under lower pay conditions. The same applies to doctors who will get paid a lot more if they worked for private establishments. I will not comment about MP permits.

For your information I am an ex pat too. My sincere thinking here is considering the hardship most people in SL have to undergo at the moment, it is a little unfair to demand the government to make further incentives which most of our hard working tax paying brothers and sisters will not get.

Yes I agree with you, Govt cant give duty free permits to everyone, But What I say is people who brings foreign currency to SL. They dont deplete foreign reserves, they bring money to the country. So they deserve a duty free permit. Of course Doctors, Engineers, and other senior offices should get duty free permits. At the same time govt should give permits to those who brings foreign currency. After all everyone in the country can buy vehicles and other imported things is because of them, And govt ignores very same people who does that to the country. There are only hand full of people in SL who brings foreign currency.

(1) So why do you support the system by purchasing a Permit from a third party? (errespective of a politician or not)

(2) I wonder if you have heard a qualification by the name of CFA.

Dude you must be one of those people who has done finance and economics. No offense dude but without science theres no finance in the world. All of the commercial products are manufactured has a science basis. So without manufacturing theres no finance. By CFA did u mean (Charted Financial Analyst). developing science effect on the development of the country, but developing finance doesnt effect on the countries economy.

• Like 1

Dude you must be one of those people who has done finance and economics. No offense dude but without science theres no finance in the world. All of the commercial products are manufactured has a science basis. So without manufacturing theres no finance. By CFA did u mean (Charted Financial Analyst). developing science effect on the development of the country, but developing finance doesnt effect on the countries economy.

Facepalm-1.jpeg

Economics is all about a country's economy!

and to put your science theories into practice you need finance from business, and the decision of whether to finance a project or not comes from a person who has studied business/accounts/economics

edit: i didn't mean to give you a vote up, i clicked that by accident

Edited by Magnum

whats the point of giving permits to such people? You bring in $150,000 and expect a $50,000 permit. then you send back $50,000 out of the country to buy the vehicle and the vehicle you import for $50,000 has fully duty paid value easily over Rs.25 to 30mn ... Show me where the govt is gaining by doing this?????

I take it that you have a PhD in physical science???? to come with such ridicules theory....

I think the income taxpayers should be granted atleast the doc's or government servents permit. After all they are the people stayinag back in the country and hepl develop it.

and to begin you science experiments where are the funding coming from???? who is approving budgets? who is keeping track if the scientist are bull sh!ts like you?

What I mean? Simple... I can't stand people selling permits & government issuing permits specially to politicians & other officials who does nothing but ruin the country. (I keep Doctors away from this list) And they try to make a living out of it by selling the given permit. It much better if they continue to issue the Tax payers permit since I feel it's much more worth while.

They still do according to dailynews yesterday

http://www.dailynews.lk/2012/06/08/news14.asp

and to begin you science experiments where are the funding coming from???? who is approving budgets? who is keeping track if the scientist are bull sh!ts like you?

Hey dude you are talking nonsense, and you dont know anything. How can a finance people can track of science research.No offence they only know how to add numbers, Tracking of science research and funding is done by senior scientists it self, not by bunch of finance people. This is common to every country. In SL its done by NSF and in USA its done by NSF and NIH, DOE. Well if you say finance is the most hard and mostly important thing for the economy lets agree with that rather than taking these arguments. Finance is No 1 in the world thats why its not even in the STEM list. (by the way if you dont know about it find it out on line briefly thats a list prepared by US govt where they thing areas that greatly effect on their economy).

wow you guys are arguing abt permits :/ I just found some intersting post by people

Thanks guys..

I think i changed my mind from kia I might get a freelander maybe :)

Well, didn't mean to argue or hurt anyones feelings. I rather call it constructive critisism. Those were just my opinion.

Any way enjoy your new ride! ;)

• Like 1

whats the point of giving permits to such people? You bring in $150,000 and expect a $50,000 permit. then you send back $50,000 out of the country to buy the vehicle and the vehicle you import for $50,000 has fully duty paid value easily over Rs.25 to 30mn ... Show me where the govt is gaining by doing this?????

I take it that you have a PhD in physical science???? to come with such ridicules theory....

I think the income taxpayers should be granted atleast the doc's or government servents permit. After all they are the people stayinag back in the country and hepl develop it.

Hey heres a logic for this, person suppose who brings $150,000 USD gets a $50,000 permit so that left with $100,000 USD more + balance of foreign reserve. And now lets see people who gets permit now, how much they brings in as USD (mostly is none) so they get a permit of $25000. and that all money goes from country where as person who brings foreign currency buys his car from his own foreign money so that doesnt make a burden to the country. Now see people who really gets $50000 permits who are MPs and they dont even bring a cent to the country. So thats the logic. if a person can bring up a net gain of $100000 USD to the country that is more valuable for a country than charging a tax by local currency. Whole point of charging vehicle tax is to protect the foreign reserves of the country but if a foreign currency earner brings a vehicle from money from another country whats the logic for charging tax. It doent matter how much I say about this even if a foreign worker brings $ 1 mil USD govt wont give a duty free permit. But dont get me wrong I never said that giving permits to govt servants is a bad thing, it is actually a very good thing that this govt does. People need to get it, but its not fair that MPs get 100% duty free and a well educated govt officer only gets 50% duty free. Well I would say it should be common to everyone. So the best thing is MPs permit also should be 50% duty free.

Hey heres a logic for this, person suppose who brings $150,000 USD gets a $50,000 permit so that left with $100,000 USD more + balance of foreign reserve. And now lets see people who gets permit now, how much they brings in as USD (mostly is none) so they get a permit of $25000. and that all money goes from country where as person who brings foreign currency buys his car from his own foreign money so that doesnt make a burden to the country. Now see people who really gets $50000 permits who are MPs and they dont even bring a cent to the country. So thats the logic. if a person can bring up a net gain of $100000 USD to the country that is more valuable for a country than charging a tax by local currency. Whole point of charging vehicle tax is to protect the foreign reserves of the country but if a foreign currency earner brings a vehicle from money from another country whats the logic for charging tax. It doent matter how much I say about this even if a foreign worker brings $ 1 mil USD govt wont give a duty free permit. But dont get me wrong I never said that giving permits to govt servants is a bad thing, it is actually a very good thing that this govt does. People need to get it, but its not fair that MPs get 100% duty free and a well educated govt officer only gets 50% duty free. Well I would say it should be common to everyone. So the best thing is MPs permit also should be 50% duty free.

Since I have a feeling than not a single decision maker in the Government is in this forum, shall we call it a day?

Since I have a feeling than not a single decision maker in the Government is in this forum, shall we call it a day?

I agree with you. Plus there no point arguing with a person who thinks going abroad and sending $100,000 is going to save this country....I believe that there are so many others like you sending much more money than just $100,000 they dont go beg for a permit. FYI the government did introduce a scheme where people can invest more than $200,000 in Govt bonds and they get a permit similar to the income tax payer permit.... not sure what happened to it.. It was during the war...

If you genuinely love SL you shouldn't care about what you get in return for bringing in USD or whatever.

I dont agree with the permit scheme either... but thats how things are.

The govt gives permits to govt servents to off set the income difference with other countries i guess... the doc's its the same and to retain people in SL...

the tax is high is not only protect the reserves its a major income for the govt.

Whatever govt comes thats not going to change for a very long time

• Like 1

I agree with you. Plus there no point arguing with a person who thinks going abroad and sending $100,000 is going to save this country....I believe that there are so many others like you sending much more money than just $100,000 they dont go beg for a permit. FYI the government did introduce a scheme where people can invest more than $200,000 in Govt bonds and they get a permit similar to the income tax payer permit.... not sure what happened to it.. It was during the war... If you genuinely love SL you shouldn't care about what you get in return for bringing in USD or whatever. I dont agree with the permit scheme either... but thats how things are. The govt gives permits to govt servents to off set the income difference with other countries i guess... the doc's its the same and to retain people in SL... the tax is high is not only protect the reserves its a major income for the govt. Whatever govt comes thats not going to change for a very long time

Hey dude I was just giving my suggestion, But I m sorry to here u r attitude. Wonder how much USD earned by u in u r life, probably 0 hence the attitude. FYI $100,000 is not a big deal but what I have said here is its way more than what current permit holders in SL have bought to the country.

Hey dude I was just giving my suggestion, But I m sorry to here u r attitude. Wonder how much USD earned by u in u r life, probably 0 hence the attitude. FYI $100,000 is not a big deal but what I have said here is its way more than what current permit holders in SL have bought to the country.

WOW $100,000 is not a big deal... we are in the presence of a Billionaire... all hail wjkalana .... Im poor... i cant afford $100,000 (If you are not getting it, im being sarcastic).

If $100,000 is not a big deal... just pay the tax and get the car you want instead of crying for a permit here...

You must be thinking just because u have gone abroad earned a few USD's (as you put it) you are a big shot...

come back to reality MR.

WOW $100,000 is not a big deal... we are in the presence of a Billionaire... all hail wjkalana .... Im poor... i cant afford $100,000 (If you are not getting it, im being sarcastic).

If $100,000 is not a big deal... just pay the tax and get the car you want instead of crying for a permit here...

You must be thinking just because u have gone abroad earned a few USD's (as you put it) you are a big shot...

come back to reality MR.

Hey dude, $100,000 usd is 7-8 months salary in usa (for my profession), Take the full meaning of what I said, What I say is $100,000 is not a big deal for a country.

Hey dude, $100,000 usd is 7-8 months salary in usa (for my profession), Take the full meaning of what I said, What I say is $100,000 is not a big deal for a country.

Wjkalana whts ya country state? nd wts da job u doing bro? jst curious :)