• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Kia Sorento 2012 Permit

pdeeban

Question

Hey guys I'm planning to buy a kia sorento 2012 any of you own a kia sorento 2012 under a permit?

if so please tell me your opinions and how is the suv ie: comfy/noise/mechanical issues etc

really appreciate your opinions.....

Thanks

:)

Hey dude, $100,000 usd is 7-8 months salary in usa (for my profession), Take the full meaning of what I said, What I say is $100,000 is not a big deal for a country.

Hey dude! You're doing a good job of putting people off BMWs. Really wish you stuck to your Montero Sports.

• Like 1

Ah sorry its exxon mobil.

Nice machang, you have a PhD with writing skills like that (and not even knowing to spell the name of your own company) must be pretty easy to get a PhD then...please sign me up! Unless you meant you're suffering from some Permanent Head Damage...

So someone looking for new ways to suck the earth dry of oil deserves a duty free permit? What about those folks searching for new and more sustainable ways to run cars cos your exxon-Mobile just aint cutting it? Shouldn't we give them free cars then?

• Like 2

Hey dude, $100,000 usd is 7-8 months salary in usa (for my profession), Take the full meaning of what I said, What I say is $100,000 is not a big deal for a country.

Yeah yeah yeah. Cut the crap. Go back to driving your the car that belongs to your Saudi boss. When you come back home the government will provide you with free health care to take the nails out of your body.

It's one thing to send the permit garandiya round the block, it's another thing to lie about it.

I can say with certainty that you are NOT a scientist. If you were you won't be acting like one of those boys from elakiri.

• Like 1

You cant get a permit unless you are a senior govt servent. This SL govt is not generous enough to give foreign currency earners duty free permits. We work our ass off to earn money but if we do come to SL ad doesnt matter we bring $1mil govt wont give us a permit to buy vehicle. Only way for us to buy a permit is to buy from a one who sells it. And we dont take a single cent from SL foreign currency reserve to buy the car still we have to pay taxes. But after we bring money to country that money is use to buy cars for other people like govt servents and politicians who has not bought a $1 to the country. Thats the way SL works. I personally think govt should give at lease a limit of $50000 USD duty free permit for people who at least bought $100000 USD to the country

Do you think that only people who bring foreign currency here are the only citizens who help to develop Sri Lanka?

All are talking about earning dollars and sending to Sri Lanka and expecting duty concessions for vehicle imports.

Sad to say that people forgot the war heroes who scarified their lives for the country.

What I feel , before giving duty concessions to the politicians, government officers, foreign currency earners for Sri Lanka, government should give duty concession to get at least motorbikes for children/family who lost their fathers/husbond in armed forces and Police.

Edited by Sampath Gunasekera
  • Like 2

Nice machang, you have a PhD with writing skills like that (and not even knowing to spell the name of your own company) must be pretty easy to get a PhD then...please sign me up! Unless you meant you're suffering from some Permanent Head Damage...

So someone looking for new ways to suck the earth dry of oil deserves a duty free permit? What about those folks searching for new and more sustainable ways to run cars cos your exxon-Mobile just aint cutting it? Shouldn't we give them free cars then?

Hey dude, first of all let me clarify that, it was android auto correction which did the mistake. Anyway Exxon doesnt need scientist to suck oil up from the ground. Exxon is already looking for other ways to live once oil has dried up. So we are currently looking at sustainable energy sources. Specially Hydrogen as a energy source. And thats gonna be the future. Electric is going no where as it takes hours to recharge, and even with that you get a very low range. Even if some body able to overcome these hurdles then theres gonna be another problem due to added weight. (due to batteries). So electric car has no long term future. Where as hydrogen you only have to top up the tank. Best thing is you only get water vapor as emission, so theres no major side effects like CO2. (only side effect is due theres a possibility that water vapor can can contribute to the green house effect as it has 2 hydrogen and oxygen bonds which has changing dipole moment). Anyway enough is enough about this.

Do you think that only people who bring foreign currency here are the only citizens who help to develop Sri Lanka?

All are talking about earning dollars and sending to Sri Lanka and expecting duty concessions for vehicle imports.

Sad to say that people forgot the war heroes who scarified their lives for the country.

What I feel , before giving duty concessions to the politicians, government officers, foreign currency earners for Sri Lanka, government should give duty concession to get at least motorbikes for children/family who lost their fathers/husbond in armed forces and Police.

Ya I 110% agree with you. Govt needs to give duty free permit to those people. And from my vision least govt can do to the soldiers who lost their arms and legs is to give a permit so they can at least import a three wheeler. (If govt cant buy those to them). And I never said locals who work in the country dosnt help the development of the country. They do and they should be well recognize for it. But retards in this forums still say bad things about people who earns in abroad and dont think they should get recognize. But they keep forgetting that they were able to enjoy a luxuries life style and were able to buy cars is due to the money brought to the country by our maids working in middle east. And when I say all foreign employees should get recognize with duty concessions majority is so against it. This might be due to pure jealousy. When ever there are korean jobs advertise on news paper number of people that go to korean embassy is not hundreds but thousands. So I m sure most of the people who hates foreign employees are the people who couldn't go to another country and earn money. Dont be so against with foreign employees. All sri lankans (doesnt matter you have millions of rupees) are in great debt for maids who work in middle east. I really wish these retards will get a brain one day to understand this simple fact.

Yeah yeah yeah. Cut the crap. Go back to driving your the car that belongs to your Saudi boss. When you come back home the government will provide you with free health care to take the nails out of your body.

It's one thing to send the permit garandiya round the block, it's another thing to lie about it.

I can say with certainty that you are NOT a scientist. If you were you won't be acting like one of those boys from elakiri.

Believe what you want, I know who I m and I dont give a rat ass what you or other retards in this forum think about me. Peace out !! Ciao!!

I was thinking of getting a 520D but this guy makes me think twice...do i want to be in the same class as him???? :speechless-smiley-004:

Being seen in a C-class should be much better than being in his class if he keeps thinking that the Sri Lankan government runs on the 100 000 USD he had sent.

BTW

Just curious will any kind of a E-Class fall in the 30 000 USD bracket

Being seen in a C-class should be much better than being in his class if he keeps thinking that the Sri Lankan government runs on the 100 000 USD he had sent.

BTW

Ha ha LMAO, SL govt doesn't run on my 100,000 USD, but SL govt runs on each $200 sent by our maids in middle east. That is the bitter truth.

BTW

Nop E 220CDI is on the $40,000 permit and the C 220CDI they offer for the $30,000 permit

Yes I agree with you, Govt cant give duty free permits to everyone, But What I say is people who brings foreign currency to SL. They dont deplete foreign reserves, they bring money to the country. So they deserve a duty free permit. Of course Doctors, Engineers, and other senior offices should get duty free permits. At the same time govt should give permits to those who brings foreign currency. After all everyone in the country can buy vehicles and other imported things is because of them, And govt ignores very same people who does that to the country. There are only hand full of people in SL who brings foreign currency.

Dude, if you don't know who does, and who doesn't bring in foreign currency, then please stop trying to show off by pretending.

Dude, if you don't know who does, and who doesn't bring in foreign currency, then please stop trying to show off by pretending.

Hey dude why dont you tell me who brings foreign currency to SL? Unfortunately middle east maids brings the largest amount. So I know who brings foreign currency looks like you are the one who needs a lesson or two LMAO

Its USA, state of texas, and company is Exxon mobile, job is scientist.

Graduate Research Assistant at University of Massachusetts Lowell with the facebook profile name "wjkalana" liked KIA motors (Car Plan Ltd).Sri Lanka and BMW SriLanka yesterday. He also has pics taken inside a montero sport. :sport-smiley-004:

Hey dude why dont you tell me who brings foreign currency to SL? Unfortunately middle east maids brings the largest amount. So I know who brings foreign currency looks like you are the one who needs a lesson or two LMAO

Do you know how much money comes in on a single project done by MIT? No? Then how about you STFU?

Graduate Research Assistant at University of Massachusetts Lowell with the facebook profile name "wjkalana" liked KIA motors (Car Plan Ltd).Sri Lanka and BMW SriLanka yesterday. He also has pics taken inside a montero sport. :sport-smiley-004:

wait isn't he working for exxon?