• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Ever Heard Bio-Diesel?

soulja

:) you add minerals too...

If you don't mind can you share your age, because i also had a dream of making a rocket and travel to moon , but i was just 6 or 7 by then.

This's not to put you down, but with the facilities and the funds you have in your lab , i think you can't simply compete thousands of scientists on various car firms and oil giants.

We've seen cars run by wind, water, cow dung, and banana leaves in this country.

So welcome to group.

Have some common sense before become a scientist.

And let me guess, you're still below 20 years of age right ?

Hehehe...

Two hotels in Habarana I know for fact use Bio Diesel to run all their tractors an such. Quite a saving too, especially considerin the used oil is their own...... However I doubt they have experimented on the usage of it in their other vehicles....... :)

ahem!!! village and lodge i suppose eh?

• 2 weeks later...

Got the super fine paint strainers and white spirit, hopefully will be receive the oil by day after. Everything is set, it's just the used oils and a matter of 3 days lacking to process it. Will update u guys on it.

can you update the progress?

In UK near my home there was a bio diesel selling place. I have seen loads of taxi drivers using it. Me, like a fool filled my Volvo S80 with bio diesel. Went to London and came back, no problem. But on the third day the engine stalled and I had to call the AA. The whole fuel system had to be cleaned and the car never recovered to the state where it was before. On the fifth day after after calling the AA for the second time I had enough. I just sold the car and bought a new one.

It works well on older generation diesel engines. You can use vegetable oil straight away.

People are interested in biodiesel not for economic benefit, but for its environmental friendliness.

• Like 1

Just curious, so there shouldn't be any issues mixing regular diesel with the Bio stuff right? say like 50:50? Have you tied mixing at the lab to check whether one would settle on top of the other (different viscosity)?

Just curious, so there shouldn't be any issues mixing regular diesel with the Bio stuff right? say like 50:50? Have you tied mixing at the lab to check whether one would settle on top of the other (different viscosity)?

50 : 50 ratio seems ok, but still ain't sure whether it will support the new common rail engines. will try it on the nissan navara d40 and let you know.

Taking that shitty fuel in filling up a modern commonrail diesel with it. that's real smart. I think you are on your way to a Darwin award.

bro! anythings a worth a try. without trying you simply don't achieve positive feedback. so thanks for the Darwin Award :)

Taking that shitty fuel in filling up a modern commonrail diesel with it. that's real smart. I think you are on your way to a Darwin award.

well, we are all assuming that OP in fact tried this on the said vehicle! :D

bro! anythings a worth a try. without trying you simply don't achieve positive feedback. so thanks for the Darwin Award :)

I know a few things that are probably not worth trying.

Self castration

Suicide

Jumping off a cliff to see if you can fly

Great job kid, You'r invention will keep the cars running even after the crude oil resources have dried up.

And please do post some pictures of you'r experiments.

Including the vehicle numbers you are testing on,

So that the good people here in autolanka could refrain from buying these vehicles with ruined engines someday. :D

Could you kindly tell me with what biased fact proving will ruin the engines? Don't worry bro, I'll be testing both diesel and new product in my friends lab and compare. And if it seems to lack of the required minerals, will definitely add them and bring it close the diesel equivalent value. Come on bro, just before the project, your giving me a full stop. So how will a person find something new???

knightowl's right. tested it on a nissan navara d40, lags a lot. so ended up cleaning the system to default. going to try it on an older diesel engine..

And now you know why that post was made.

Hey genius, ever thought of trying the fuel on somthing less expensive like a generator before trying it on an engine ? :rolleyes:

tried it on a diesel generator and works perfectly. but this test is about the diesel vehicles :)

• Like 1

I think there is no question as to wether it will run or not. It will run. During the war all the deisel vehicles in jaffna as well as generators were run entirely on cocconut oil. Question is , will it run trouble free. The basic diesel engine will have no trouble. But the modern common rails! I think no.

• 1 month later...

I was informed that the reason for recent diesel substandard issue is mixing it with bio diesel by the alleged supplier. Thus it formed a hot bed for fungus production in the storage tanks.

and also further investigations have revealed that adding so called bio fuel increases the energy value of the fuel and in addition to that , that fungus can act as bio catalytic and reduce sulphur content of diesel. So when added , the regular diesel can considered as the super diesel.

The the assigned commitee has given their recommendations to the government to add this bio fuel so it can save forex.

And rumors are going on that such diesel is going to name as "CLEAN DIESEL". And every fuel station will have anti fungal medicins to put into fuel tank as 2T for old three wheelers.

Since available anti fungl drugs have been expired (due to some health ministry try tender issue), Vaginal presseries (females put into vagina when they get fungal infections) will be used as alternative.

So friends lets pump clean bio diesel.

waiting for the updates about your project.

Think it's already dead by now, because i didn't see any update from the OP.

He's grounded without internet privileges.Thatta got pissed when he found out putha dumped parane thel into his direct injection engine.

Not sure what gave him away. Might have been the engine misfiring or the pappadam smell coming out of the tail pipe.

Edited by jdnet
  • Like 1

tried it on a diesel generator and works perfectly. but this test is about the diesel vehicles :)

ive got a link that may interest you. [http://www.gizmag.co...gasoline/12484/] its not exactly in ur line of experimenting strictly speaking, but u may be interested in it as it drastically improves efficiency of an existing diesel(at least for older eng's). Kudos for sticking it out in less than friendly/supportive environs.

however, from what i gather on homemade bio-diesel production, there is more to it than just straining it & mixing it. there was one episode on powerblocktv - xtreme4x4 where they setup a complete unit with detailed step-by-step explanations of its operation. http://www.powerblocktv.com/player/show_player.php?ep_num=XT2008-13&ep_show=XT.

gotta agree with the points made by others on comerciall viability though, everything boils down to economies of scale.

best -o-luck!

Edited by 67Dodge