• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Outer Circular Highway ( O C H )

miniace

Although the Athurugiriya interchange is between Kottawa and Kaduwela, the exit and entry points have not yet been constructed. I guess they will be added in a later phase. So this opening will just be a stretch from Kottawa to Kaduwela with no interchanges in the middle.

Although the Athurugiriya interchange is between Kottawa and Kaduwela, the exit and entry points have not yet been constructed. I guess they will be added in a later phase. So this opening will just be a stretch from Kottawa to Kaduwela with no interchanges in the middle.

Correct me, if I am wrong. As I heard this Kaduwela interchange is a temporary one. Original Kaduwela IC to be at lowlevel road. In the 2nd phase it will be in operation. No idea about Athurugiriya IC.

I was talking about IC along Malambe, Kaduwela Road. Since this on track, they would connect Athurugiriya IC later. They want to open this on March for obvious reasons.

• 2 months later...
The flyover at Athurugiriya was opened yesterday. The OCH goes underneath the Malabe - Athugugiriya road at this point. Further construction is going ahead to build the interchange here:

2hka.jpg

The temporary road which was built (until the flyover was complete) can be seen towards the left of the photo.

Looks like these guys are using photos from the forum for their news items as well. :P Too bad I didn't have a copyright notice on the image. :D

http://www.adaderana.lk/biz/අතුරුගිරිය-පෝරේ-අධිවේගී/

• 8 months later...
Any idea what is the current status of OCH phase II ?

I've seen construction going on around the parts near Kaduwela junction even after the government change. Not sure about the official stance though.

Edited by ramishkad

I've seen construction going on around the parts near Kaduwela junction even after the government change. Not sure about the official stance though.

Yes i also the saw the exit and entrance ramps being constructed at the low level road interchange.

And the athurugiriya interchange is also going well.

Don't know how is the state on the rest of that phase 2.

Phase 2 was suppose to open somewhere in Jan 2015 i think. (That timelines seems to be no longer available in RDA site anyway)

Looks like it's going to be way off that target.

Hopefully they will open it up to at least Low level interchange once it is completed, so that Kaduwela junction can be bypassed.

Any idea what is the current status of OCH phase II ?

The project is continuing , If you pass Kadawatha towards Kandy on the Colombo Kandy road you will see the progress of the Kadawatha entrance.

Several flyovers between kaduwela & Kadawatha are yet to be completed . Seems like another 6month or more work IMO.

No idea of Kadawatha to Keravalapitiya phase yet .

• 3 months later...
The project is continuing , If you pass Kadawatha towards Kandy on the Colombo Kandy road you will see the progress of the Kadawatha entrance.

Several flyovers between kaduwela & Kadawatha are yet to be completed . Seems like another 6month or more work IMO.

No idea of Kadawatha to Keravalapitiya phase yet .

Well the government is saying phase 2 will be opened in June.

I read somewhere that they are just about to start the work on phase 3.

So it will be at least 2-3 more years until its fully complete.

• 4 weeks later...
Government has decided to commence work on the Colombo – Kandy highway and as the first stage the highway will be constructed between Colombo and Kurunegala with funding from Japan and the Asian Development Bank - http://colombogazette.com/2015/05/30/government-to-extend-southern-highway/

Yeah I’ve heard it on the news too. They say that they have found funds for the project and will start the project within a week or two.

Edited by Reckless

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Today Lankadeepa had reported that OCH Kaduwela - Kadawath section to be opened only after General Election.

WTF. few days back they said it will be opened on the 8th of August. :speechless-smiley-019:

WTF. few days back they said it will be opened on the 8th of August. :speechless-smiley-019:

From what I heard Elections Commissioner had issued an order to invite MR to the opening ceremony if it's opened before the election (since he started the project and doing so without him gives the govt unfair advantage or whatever). I guess this could be a reason.

Edited by ramishkad
  • Like 1