• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Tesla Motors - Cars That Will Change The World

Californikan

The 17 inch touchscreen

Full internet access is available while driving

mCfrn.jpg

WEDPT.jpg

Almost all in-car functions are controlled by the touchscreen

EMTOn.jpg

Navigation is integrated with Google Maps satellite view

ppM5v.jpg?1

Two functions at a time are possible on screen

zVE7k.jpg

Internet and audio functions are on the touchscreen

LAu2p.jpg

The usual battery and energy monitors

e6NSx.jpg

Edited by Californikan

Sri Lankans in general don't like fast backs, even if it does mean being able to carry 7 passengers.

But the key question is, what is the price?

And the other key question is, considering your cost per km on petrol or diesel, will this be easier on the pocket considering the electricity prices? Leaving aside the maintenance issues, this isn't coming to SL for some time.

Very brave move, but somehow I don't see this going very far without the support of a big manufacturer getting involved sooner or later. The economics just don't add up, at least right now.

I've seen both the Karma and Model S in person, and sat in both cars. The Karma exterior design is definitely sexier looking than the Model S, but exterior styling is the only thing the Karma does better than the Model S, and the Model S is beautiful already. The Model S is a much better car in every other way, and when one takes into consideration how advanced it's 100% electric drivetrain is, it's way ahead.

Mate, you sat in both cars in 27/06/2012? & then after getting to know the brand & seeing the image of Tesla, you changed your profile pic? What kind of a liar are you? Just because you have enrolled for some news letters about hybrid updates, please don't try to fool the rest of the gang. Also I noted sometime back Komisiripala has asked a question about Tesla, & supprisingly you had nothing to say.

Need to recall your memory? Let me assist you. http://forum.autolanka.com/topic/13341-hybridsdo-we-really-need-them/page__hl__tesla#entry200216

• Like 2

I see the problem... Cali hasnt gotten to "sit in" any other car except his prius and now the tesla... Maybe if some kind soul who owns a 90s euro car would like to do some good deed for next poya, maybe they can let cali sit in it. He will then take photos of his 'sitting' event and start campaigning for the brand :)

Mate, you sat in both cars in 27/06/2012? & then after getting to know the brand & seeing the image of Tesla, you changed your profile pic? What kind of a liar are you? Just because you have enrolled for some news letters about hybrid updates, please don't try to fool the rest of the gang. Also I noted sometime back Komisiripala has asked a question about Tesla, & supprisingly you had nothing to say.

Need to recall your memory? Let me assist you. http://forum.autolan...sla#entry200216

Read this....

tesla-model-s-003_gallery_image_large.jpg

Edited by Californikan
  • Like 1

FYI: At this time, people must first put down a (refundable) $5000 deposit on the Model S before they can even take it for a test drive, and even those people have to wait months before they can do even that. So, yes, 'sitting' in the Model S or a Karma is the most that most people can have of these cars right now, unless they've already put down the cash to buy one.

But more tellingly in your failed attempt to be sarcastic is how you revealed what a deprived boy you are. It appears you've never heard of this thing that car enthusiasts do called going to 'a car show' or going to 'the agents' to check out and, yes, sit in a wide variety of cars. That certainly beats never having sat in a particular car or never having sat in a wide variety of cars, no?. Maybe next poya some benevolent soul will take you by the hand, and take you around to the agents where you can at least 'sit' in modern cars, and learn about how the automotive world has developed and progressed far beyond your beloved "90s euro". :)

So what stopped you from putting down the said deposit and booking yourself one from the first batch? Afterall you would have known about this since you do seem to google this crap on a dialy basis.

Nah, i'm not the type where sitting in a car becomes a life changing experience to me. Btw does the tesla come with alloys or hub-caps or both? Lemme guess,.. "you didnt have time to notice and you thought it looked like an alloys'?

Some more Tesla Model S exterior details

Photos by Californikan

jpoBe.jpg

rr8oit.jpg

Recharging port is hidden in the tail light. LED's show the the battery level.

15rfo2d.jpg

Touch sensitive flush door handles extend and retract automatically

edey8.jpg

XSem3.jpg

416 hp electric motor is tiny

QRbNe.jpg

Rear suspension feature computerized air suspension

bvtW9.jpg

hwei3d.jpg

2z3rseh.jpg

The Model S key: press the part of the Model S you want to open.

13teslamodels_cs_06.jpg

Edited by Californikan

Crishan,firstly, when someone writes that they did something, it doesn't mean they did that thing that very same day. All I wrote was that I sat in both cars. I never wrote anything about WHEN I sat in them. You are the one who is imagining that I wrote I sat in them on the same day. I never wrote that. That is the incorrect assumption that YOU are making.

Secondly, when I saw and sat in the Fisker Karma, I took photos and posted those photos in my hybrid thread. http://forum.autolan...340#entry205043 . If you bothered to do a proper search you would have seen them.

Thirdly, regarding Komisiripala's question, I don't have to answer every single random question that people ask in a thread, especially when that question is not directed at me. If Komisiripala directed his question specifically at me, I would have answered it. People in this forum don't answer random questions all the time, and you've had nothing to say about that. How come now all of a sudden you are having a full-on PMS attack?

Relaxxxxx man. You're being a hater. Don't be a hater. So I spent half a day with the Model S, got shown around by the Tesla reps, and took a bunch of photos. Take a chill pill and just appreciate the car.

1) I went trough the link you gave. So you first got to know about Tesla in 25 April 2012? Machang please! Don't fool other innocent readers. The only possible way you can prove the fact that you sat in a Tesla is by posting a pic of your self in a car. (Now please don't try to test your photoshop skills)

2) Yes I hate people who lie! :violent-smiley-043: (Not people who own Hybrids cos I my self sometimes drive a Insight, but can't stand posses)

3) Out of your 935 posts, I guess 900 are just pics, bits & peices from web sites. So try not to increase that number cos as I feel it reflects the percentage of your dumbness. Just mention the link next time onwards.

Forgot to add....

4) If you are so knowledgeable about Hybrids, why do you have to wait until a question is directed to you? This is a public forum so please share your indepth experience :sport-smiley-004: at that time & not after getting to know about something many days later. (Like this Tesla incident)

Not to forget to salute Skyline R33. ("No idea about the car but I have great respect towards Elon Musk and his Space X venture. First heard of him when the Falcon series rockets were launched')

Now Cali, if Skyline R33 talk something about Tesla, well my eyes & ears are on him. So once agin. I'm not a hater.

Edited by Crishan

So what stopped you from putting down the said deposit and booking yourself one from the first batch? Afterall you would have known about this since you do seem to google this crap on a dialy basis.

Nah, i'm not the type where sitting in a car becomes a life changing experience to me. Btw does the tesla come with alloys or hub-caps or both? Lemme guess,.. "you didnt have time to notice and you thought it looked like an alloys'?

tesla-x.jpg

Looks like you dont even have the balls to reply to a question that was directed at you. I guess you had to pawn them off to buy the privilege of "sitting" in a tesla.. And posting a screenshot of a website as a reply; really?

I asked you why you didnt put a down-payment on such a electric/hybrid car if you were such a big promoter of them.. So why didnt you? Then you wont need to sit in other people's cars and take photographs.

:Yawn: you think electric cars are futuristic ?

They have been around since the 20th century, they failed back then and they will fail again for the same reason cause non of the problems faced back then have been resolved even after 100 years.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_the_electric_vehicle

:Yawn: you think electric cars are futuristic ?

They have been around since the 20th century, they failed back then and they will fail again for the same reason cause non of the problems faced back then have been resolved even after 100 years.

http://en.wikipedia....lectric_vehicle

Fossil fuel era is reaching its end. Within our life time it will end. At the current consumption rates oil reserves will end up in another 52 years. There fore electricity is one of the alternative which is going to replace it. Electricity has been used for mass transportation for decades (Eg. Electric trains). Definitely electric cars will also play a major role in future transportation industry.

Edited by XBeat