• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Tesla Motors - Cars That Will Change The World

Californikan

Because it is obvious that your intention behind your post was not be positive or helpful, but simply to be a hater.

There are dozens and dozens of threads in AL about various car brands and specific models, where people have posted both google photos and their own photos of various cars that they don't own and will never own. But they were lucky enough to see the car in person and take photos of it, and they were kind enough to share their photos on this forum. Let me refresh your memory about these threads since you have happily and appreciatively participated in many of them:

The Gallardo thread: http://forum.autolan...rdo#entry214012

The Aston-Martin DB9 thread: http://forum.autolan...ardo#entry35544

The Ceylon Motor show and photos thread: http://forum.autolan..._hl__+car +show

The Chevy Camaro thread: http://forum.autolan...age__hl__camaro

One of the many GTR threads: http://forum.autolan...-4th-gtr-in-sl/

You've never accused anyone of "sitting in other people's cars", "taking photos of other people's cars" and "not having put down a down payment", but now all of a sudden you're on a menstrual attack towards me about this. Your logic - that people should only post about and post photos of cars they own or have put a down payment on is completely retarded. No surprise - you're a hater.

I've posted one of the most complete set of photos of the Model S available on the internet in this forum. Instead of just enjoying whats on this thread or ignoring this thread completely if you wish, you just have to come in and start hating, don't you?

Did you notice one thing in common with all your threads (maybe even all such threads you're referring to).. they are all in Sri Lanka. I would see a lambo or a GTR or a Aston every other day. Its no big deal, but when I saw the GTRs in SL or Dilantha's Lambo or the Astons' photos its a very different feeling due to the mere fact that its of LOCAL context. Any Sri Lankan enthusiast would tell you that.

You bring that Tesla to Sri Lanka, and yes it'll deserve this hype you're trying to give it. You may have jizzed in your pants browsing AL on a tesla or fisker but to us if we wanna see photos of a tesla we know how to use google, and if want to browse AL we know how to do that too.

And yes I'm a hater 100%; I hate posers and wannabes like you and would love to drop one of your beloved hybrid batteries on your head from 5 floors above to rid the forum of you.

• Like 1

the cars look great, but who is financially backing this small company to make any sort of global impact

They got a $460 million loan from the U.S. govt and additional hundreds of millions of dollars from their IPO, and private backers such as Google to develop the Model S. Since the Model S is a such a hit, they will get even more backing and their factory has the capacity to build 500,000 cars a year.

Looks like you dont even have the balls to reply to a question that was directed at you. I guess you had to pawn them off to buy the privilege of "sitting" in a tesla.. And posting a screenshot of a website as a reply; really?

I asked you why you didnt put a down-payment on such a electric/hybrid car if you were such a big promoter of them.. So why didnt you? Then you wont need to sit in other people's cars and take photographs.

He didn't answer these either.

But the key question is, what is the price?

And the other key question is, considering your cost per km on petrol or diesel, will this be easier on the pocket considering the electricity prices? Leaving aside the maintenance issues, this isn't coming to SL for some time.

The first one seems so simple too. Guess he couldn't find it on Google.

They got a $460 million loan from the U.S. govt and additional hundreds of millions of dollars from their IPO, and private backers such as Google to develop the Model S. Since the Model S is a such a hit, they will get even more backing and their factory has the capacity to build 500,000 cars a year.

Tesla got $460mn loan + $250mn from the IPO + a discarded vehicle factory (Their plant 'NUMMI' was discarded by GM and Toyota).

On the other hand, there are car makers like ford, Nissan and GM who have billions in their bank accounts.

Tesla is currently riding on the 'cool' factor and a few protoypes. Once the 'cool' factor of Tesla vehicles are gone and other manufacturers with their mighty muscle come up with cars which have more options and features, where do you think Tesla would be?

BTW, the body styling of your Model S looks notoriously similar to the Ford Focus... By the time Model S comes out in to the market, the body styling would already be outdated. is that a part of your 'hit'?

Edited by Crosswind

He didn't answer these either.

Watchman's question and the presupposition that it was based on (that someone should be the owner of a particular car or have a down payment on that car in order for them to take photos of the said car) is a ridiculous hater question, and not worthy of a direct response. Since you yourself are an avid car photographer who has taken many photos of many different cars and posted them on the web, you should know that.

He didn't answer these either. The first one seems so simple too. Guess he couldn't find it on Google.

The base price of the Model S has already been clearly stated in post #3 on the first page of this thread.

I didn't respond to your question because (1)The question was not directed specifically to me, (2) The answer has already stated in post #3, (3) A quick Google search for "Tesla Model S price" would have retrieved the answer in two seconds, without having to ask anyone.

But especially for you, I will a post the Model S pricing breakdown.

Watchman's question and the presupposition that it was based on (that someone should be the owner of a particular car or have a down payment on that car in order for them to take photos of the said car) is a ridiculous hater question, and not worthy of a direct response. Since you yourself are an avid car photographer who has taken many photos of many different cars and posted them on the web, you should know that.

No I asked you why YOU didnt buy one... Are you going to reply to that?

I am going to buy one when it's time to retire the Prius, but not the Model S, the Model X, which is why my original response was a photo of the Model X.

yeah right... and i'm gonna empty my bank account and throw the cash off the roof of a building and give it all away to charity. We can all say stuff like that since it doesnt hold any water...

Stop with the bull crap. If you really were such a big prompter of electric vehicles as you claim to be and as uptodate about the industry as you try to show off, you'd have been one of the first people to drive a X off the production line.

Another question:

If this is sold out for at least the next 2 years, dont you think you should put your deposit NOW if you want to have the Model X when its time to flog your prius. Why dont you put your money where your mouth is?

• Like 2

Fossil fuel era is reaching its end. Within our life time it will end. At the current consumption rates oil reserves will end up in another 52 years. There fore electricity is one of the alternative which is going to replace it. Electricity has been used for mass transportation for decades (Eg. Electric trains). Definitely electric cars will also play a major role in future transportation industry.

bumper_cars.jpg

Unless you are referring to these i don’t see anything similar with an electric car and an electric train cause they don’t have their own power supply, they dont have batteries and therefore dont have any issues faced by electric cars cause they draw current from the grid !

Though this won't come to sl soon and it is expensive it actually is cheep according to my calculations. If you buy a 85 KWh model a full tank of electricity will cost you only about 1780 Lkr here in Sri Lanka. (Source http://www.ceb.lk/sub/residence/tariffplan.html http://reviews.cnet.com/8301-13746_7-57459125-48/tesla-model-s-first-drive-quiet-satisfaction/)

• Like 1

Though this won't come to sl soon and it is expensive it actually is cheep according to my calculations. If you buy a 85 KWh model a full tank of electricity will cost you only about 1780 Lkr here in Sri Lanka. (Source http://www.ceb.lk/su...tariffplan.html http://reviews.cnet....t-satisfaction/)

you do know that the rates you made your calculation on are from January 2011 right? The domestic rates increased by 40% this year.

Okay, Crishan, I see you are hellbent on running east looking for the sunset. So believe whatever you want to believe.

By the way,

I noticed you are getting confused about what a Tesla Model S is and what a Fisker Karma is in your posts, and you are mixing up and confusing the two cars. The Tesla and Fisker are not one car, but are two different cars, muchnag. :)

I wrote about the Model S in my hybrid thread over a year ago http://forum.autolan...s/page__st__100 and about the Fisker Karma almost a year and a half ago http://forum.autolan...ws/page__st__40. :)

p.p.p.s Oh look, a Model S somehow has autolanka on it's touchscreen. Wonder how that happened?

:)

mCfrn.jpg

Clai,

Please don't edit my original posts. My 2nd poit was not blahblahblahblahblahblahblah........... It was this "Yes I hate people who lie! :violent-smiley-043: (Not people who own Hybrids cos I my self sometimes drive a Insight, but can't stand posses)" If you're scared to face the truth just walk away pal.

In my point number 1 I asked you not to test your photo shop skills. But I guess you have done a wonderfull job leaving us to assume you are in one of the following pofession,

1) Web designer

2) Graphic Designer

3) Part time photographer

4) Rejected News reporter

Or requesting a friend who is in USA to take a pic in a Tesla. Since you first started the topic in 24 June 2012, I assume you are still in states cos the date you (or someone else) has taken the photo in a Tesla is on 6th July. (Terry has updated his profile on that day according to the pic)

Dear Peri,

Can you please look into blocking profiles who are trying to mislead other fellow AL Members? Since the day I joined Auto Lanka (2004) this has been a quality forum. Now some stupid idiots who have access to Google are trying to ruin it.

• Like 1

I'm not going to argue with you since your basic premise and idea - that a person has to own something in order for them to take photos, share photos and share information about that thing - is completely retarded.

You're a self-professed hater, and in this thread you are doing what a hater does, which is try to find an angle, any angle, that he can to in order to hate.

But I am glad that you're learning new things because of this thread. You didn't even know that the Model S and Model X existed in the world until you read this thread.

Aiyo Cali...... :action-smiley-034:

Get a life mate! Out of hating you, what the F#@k do we get?

Ok let me speak in your language the way you will understand. "Stop lying & we'll stop hating you OK kiddo?"

• Like 1