• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Tesla Motors - Cars That Will Change The World

Californikan

Elon Musk is such a great entrepreneur. The Billionaire whom I respect most. He is lot richer than those other notorious billionaires in terms of positive contributions for humanity.

I wish him all the best in this Tesla adventure too.

• Like 1

Dear me, they haven't even started delivering the thing yet,

and already it looks as though Tesla has gotten it's range calculations rather seriously wrong....

http://www.thetrutha...-for-test-cars/

Sure, Tesla will change the world..... :rolleyes:

Supra, you really got to learn to read more carefully >>> http://forum.autolan...ange-the-world/

The link you provided about the Model S range is not credible at all. It's some guy looking at Teslas website and trying to guess the Model S range in various conditions with a calculator .

Here is the gold standard for fuel economy testing and electric vehicle energy usage testing in the world: The U.S. Govt Department of Energy EPA test that gets done on every vehicle sold in the U.S. http://www.fuelecono...feg/evsbs.shtml

You'll notice the Tesla Model S gets rated at 265 miles (426km) of range. By way of comparison, the Nissan Leaf gets 73 miles (117km) of range.

Supra, you really got to learn to read more carefully >>> http://forum.autolan...ange-the-world/

The link you provided about the Model S range is not credible at all. It's some guy looking at Teslas website and trying to guess the Model S range in various conditions with a calculator .

Here is the gold standard for fuel economy testing and electric vehicle energy usage testing in the world: The U.S. Govt Department of Energy EPA test that gets done on every vehicle sold in the U.S. http://www.fuelecono...feg/evsbs.shtml

You'll notice the Tesla Model S gets rated at 265 miles (426km) of range. By way of comparison, the Nissan Leaf gets 73 miles (117km) of range.

As opposed to some guy who sits at a keyboard googling all day and tries to claim that Tesla will change the world?

I believe it's you who need to read a bit more Cali, the man in question is a scientist who actually supports electric vehicles as a concept (There is a link to his research notes in the article). Going through them shows that there is actual scientific basis to his calculations, which are very realistic. But then you didn't do that did you?

And if you knew anything AT ALL about cars (oh hang on....) you'd already know that the EPA test is in no way considered representative of a vehicle's actual real world usage economy (See there's that phrase again, you'd do well to perhaps figure out what it means, google can help you with that).The EPA numbers are always considerably higher than what buyers can actually expect to see.

Additionally, all these "Reviews" are based on a maximum of 10 minutes of driving time with the car. No independent journalist has yet been allowed to properly put a Model S through a test. Wonder why?

I stand corrected on the deliveries... They've managed to deliver 29 cars upto July. World changer? You bet!!!! :rolleyes:

Edited by Supra_Natural
  • Like 1

As opposed to some guy who sits at a keyboard googling all day and tries to claim that Tesla will change the world?

I believe it's you who need to read a bit more Cali, the man in question is a scientist who actually supports electric vehicles as a concept (There is a link to his research notes in the article). Going through them shows that there is actual scientific basis to his calculations, which are very realistic. But then you didn't do that did you?

And if you knew anything AT ALL about cars (oh hang on....) you'd already know that the EPA test is in no way considered representative of a vehicle's actual real world usage economy (See there's that phrase again, you'd do well to perhaps figure out what it means, google can help you with that).The EPA numbers are always considerably higher than what buyers can actually expect to see.

Additionally, all these "Reviews" are based on a maximum of 10 minutes of driving time with the car. No independent journalist has yet been allowed to properly put a Model S through a test. Wonder why?

I stand corrected on the deliveries... They've managed to deliver 29 cars upto July. World changer? You bet!!!! :rolleyes:

Supra, you're trying to say some guy who has never even seen a Model S and is sitting in his room with his calculator trying to guess the Model S battery range by looking at Teslas website

is giving a more accurate range estimate than the multi-billion dollar U.S. Dept of Energy who actually have put the Model S through their sophisticated testing procedure. That is just a silly assertion.

Tesla has a backlog of 13,000 orders for the Model S in the U.S. alone, and Elon Musk claims they will build 5000 cars this year. If you bothered to read up about Tesla's production plan, they are on an exponentially increasing ramp production schedule. Initially one car a week being built, ramping up to two cars a week, and then 3, increasing exponentially. But I do agree with you in that whether they can meet those targets remains to be seen.

By the way, in post #41 http://forum.autolan...ld/page__st__40 , the journalist spent an entire afternoon driving the Model S hard, and reported plenty of range left at the end of his drive.

As opposed to some guy who sits at a keyboard googling all day.

And if you knew anything AT ALL about cars (oh hang on....)

I know this is one of your favorite things to write, and it's quite hilarious because ALL the information and knowledge you have about Tesla has been from Google and the internet.

You have no direct experience with Tesla cars or the Tesla company at all, and get all your info from Google, and yet continue to accuse other people of using Google. Hilarious!

ps. I actually have been to Tesla a few times, been shown the Model S by the Tesla reps and talked about their production schedule with them.

Edited by Californikan

Supra, Just let it go. You're just wasting time trying to beat some sense into this retard. It's not like his brain has thee capability to process what you are saying anyway.

Actually, everything I write is normal, ordinary, mainstream, common thinking and knowledge in America and the major markets. Just read any of the international auto forums and you will see how ordinary and normal it is.

What is retarded is the way you and a few others fight against this. It's as if some of you fellows are still at the level of thinking the world is flat. It's sad to see some Sri Lankans so far behind in thinking and mentality compared to people in other countries. But since you, Supra, and a few others could not even comprehend hybrids in Sri Lanka, it not surprising that you can't understand electric cars in other places.

• Like 1

Actually, everything I write is normal, ordinary, mainstream, common thinking and knowledge in America and the major markets. Just read any of the international auto forums and you will see how ordinary and normal it is.

What is retarded is the way you and a few others fight against this. It's as if some of you fellows are still at the level of thinking the world is flat. It's sad to see some Sri Lankans so far behind in thinking and mentality compared to people in other countries. But since you, Supra, and a few others could not even comprehend hybrids in Sri Lanka, it not surprising that you can't understand electric cars in other places.

yes yes, us Sri Lankan's are very backward people. Nikang hittappang kalu puke suddek wennna nathuwe.

• Like 1

yes yes, us Sri Lankan's are very backward people. Nikang hittappang kalu puke suddek wennna nathuwe.

No, Sri Lankans are definitely not a "very backwards people" as you say they are.

But it is people like you who give Sri Lankans a bad name. I suppose it hasn't occurred to you that anyone from Tesla Motors or anyone from another country who stumbles across this thread will see the feces that you and a few other have spewed about, and not be too impressed. It just takes one person like you to make all Sri Lankans look bad and backwards compared to the rest of the world.

ps. I actually have been to Tesla a few times, been shown the Model S by the Tesla reps and talked about their production schedule with them.

So wouldnt that ake your view (and knowledge) biased, cos its not like the Tesla reps would say "No sir, the advert is all a lie, the car really doesnt have a range of XXX miles..

And frankly If you have enough subject matter knowledge you CAN say if a statement is true or false based on facts and figures. O'level science tells me I cant put 6 torch batteries and power a electric car. So someone with a graduate degree on the topic can easily give you a better assessment.

And the ironic thing is that you're dissing the same kind of people you quoted saying some model ABC electric car will have a range of XXX miles, when the car hadnt been built yet. You're smart enough to understand that you being a bigger hypocrite by saying stuff like this.

• Like 1

No one here is behind on technology, in fact if you browse through other threads of this forum one can clearly see that many members here belong to the "innovators" and "early adopters" group. The problem is we dont really take advice from a google wannabe who doesn’t even know what types of rims his car has seriously on matters related to motoring, you lost all credibility you had (not that you had much anyway). Its clear that no one wants you here, now go away and try your “abra cadabra here comes a bunny out of the hat” act on some other forum with hapless chaps with no knowledge of cars cause that sh*t don’t work here !

In case you didn’t understand what im trying to say here we don’t hate hybrids, we don’t hate electric cars or any other AFV’s (would i buy one ? that’s a different matter, just cause I don’t want one doesn’t mean I hate them) the main reason we hate on these vehicles on this forum is cause we hate you ! ! ! This forum has zero tolerance for posers like you, we hate hybrids and electrics and all other AFV’s because of you and your stupid blind faith marketing. So if you are thinking you are doing some good well you are not, you are actually making a very very bad impression. You want proof ? hybrids have been in this country for a long time and so has this forum, find a single thread on which the memebers of this forum has ridiculed, hated on or abused someone with a hybrid before your arrival; I Dare you ! ! !

So if you truly are an eco enthusiast please leave cause no one here takes you seriously and you are only making it worse for eco friendly cars.

P.S

So if the people from tesla is monitoring this thread like you mentioned somewhere here is a message to them "You hired the wrong guy, in fact you hired the worse guy in the world to market your cars"

Edited by The Stig

cali is the type of retard that would walk into a mosque in Iran, while wearing a shirt with a U.S. flag, just to get some attention.

Cali, I'm being honest here when I say you need to see a psychiatrist. You seem to have some clear mental health issues that would worsen, should you not seek help.

No, Sri Lankans are definitely not a "very backwards people" as you say they are.

But it is people like you who give Sri Lankans a bad name. I suppose it hasn't occurred to you that anyone from Tesla Motors or anyone from another country who stumbles across this thread will see the feces that you and a few other have spewed about, and not be too impressed. It just takes one person like you to make all Sri Lankans look bad and backwards compared to the rest of the world.

And his great fear is that some rep from a private company finds out, and will "not be impressed" that there are people that don't like their products.

What a bloody moron.

cali.png

LOL!!!....CyRax, I'm actually amazed and quite honored that you used so much of your own time and effort to make this. But I've got to tell you, I would never bother doing the same for you because you're not worth it...LOL!!!

ps. And thanks for showing how you keep AL well below the standards of the international forums. Thanks to you, anyone from an international forum who reads this thread will see your post and immediately think "What a bunch of immature amateurs these Sri Lankans are". Thanks again. :)

It's funny how again and again in this forum it's the same 5 or 6 fellows (jdnet, watchman, pericles, stig, crosswind) who manage to simultaneously synchronize their menstrual cycles and spontaneously display the exact same post-menopausal symptoms.

After all these years, these 5 fellows still haven't been able to grasp what everyone on the international forums has known since the beginning of the internet (and even most newbies on AL know): if you come across a post or thread you don't like, just ignore it.

It's such a simplistic concept, but these 5 fellows still haven't been able to grasp it.

But then again, these are the very same fellows who strongly advocated that hybrids would not become popular in Sri Lanka and hybrids would fail in SL so their mentality is no surprise.

Yooooohoooooo....Supra......where did you disappear to ??? I have some bad news for you.......you are wrong yet again.

Tesla begins delivering the Model S to car magazines for extensive track testing and road testing

Inside Line performs the world's first fully instrumented track test of the Tesla Model S.....http://www.insidelin...track-test.html

2012_tesla_model-s_f34_fe_814122_717.jpg

2012_tesla_model-s_actr34_fe_814129_717.jpg

2012_tesla_model-s_actr34_fe_814127_717.jpg

Edited by Californikan

See the retard trying to repeat what the voices in his head keep saying in an attempt to convince himself its the truth. Lets see -

Pericles = "same fellows who strongly advocated that hybrids would not become popular in Sri Lanka"

Truth = Pericles didn't even vote in his retarded poll, and has stated it probably would be, coz there are so many stupid people around, and that that wouldn't be a good thing.

"if you come across a post or thread you don't like, just ignore it. It's such a simplistic concept, but these 5 fellows still haven't been able to grasp it."

Except that he has missed that the moderator is supposed to read everything, however retarded, to see if its within the rules.

Also, just as retardo feels he should spread his gospel of bullshit to as many people as possible, some of us feel we should save as many people as possible from the follies of fake evangelists.

And their international community.

Go away Cali.

Edited by Pericles