• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Engine Oil

kmcsb

What kind of car do you have? Why not just google the owner's manual up?

machan Car is FB13, mine is a non-jdm and it's next to impossible to find anything on the net, I've been searching for more than 1 year. Anyways I could find a Haynes manual but also in it it mentions only the capacity of the gear box, not the viscosity

Edited by NRX

machan Car is FB13, mine is a non-jdm and it's next to impossible to find anything on the net, I've been searching for more than 1 year. Anyways I could find a Haynes manual but also in it it mentions only the capacity of the gear box, not the viscosity

Ah a Nissan! Awesome. You could always call the dealer? Or google for Nissan Sentra with the year of manufacture: I did a quick search and found a likely source for gear oil viscosity see: Bob is the oil guy!

Edited by Kavvz

Just drain using the nut and replace with manual transmission oil. Very very simple From the top of my mind i think the viscosity is 80 or 90.

Edited by NZer
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...

Well, PitStop has the 20w50GTX on tap. So they put in only hat was needed. If the levels drops I will take small can and top it up from there.

Yeah, 20w50 suits local conditions as the temp never drops beyong 25 here anyway, so i don't see why we need to pour in 0,5 or even 10 in to the crankcases.

Even U****d M****s recommends 20W-50 (Valvoline Premium Conventional) for new Mitsubishis. I have done 105000kms and use that type of oil with no complaints.

Just drain using the nut and replace with manual transmission oil. Very very simple From the top of my mind i think the viscosity is 80 or 90.

Some mechanics says it is ok to use 15W-40 engine oil for the manual gear boxes as well. Any idea regarding this?

Some mechanics says it is ok to use 15W-40 engine oil for the manual gear boxes as well. Any idea regarding this?

Gear oil viscosity is usually 90, very thick, and 40 is quite thin compared to the 90. An A/T works on thin oil because the mechanisms are totally different. If thin viscosity oil such as 40 is used in a manual gear box or differential AFIK it will be ruined in a few kms.