• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Mistsubishi Lancer(4G11)Restoration

dingy

anyone knows wher i can an original 4G33 rotor. i went to tune my car with dhammika fernando in cotta road. he did a superb job but told me that my rotor is short...car runs ok at least to what I feel...but still would like to get it original as possible.

Does the cup of the distributor indicate an arrow as to which way the distributor turns....i remember a mechanic telling me that my distributor turns the opposite from the arrow. i am a but puzzled.

It's impossible to install the distributor so that it rotates in the opposite direction. Any possibility that your distributor cap has been changed (with an incorrect one)? Asking because this maybe the reason why the rotor is short. Just my 2 cents because the rotor doesn't become significantly short over time unless the tip is broken due to some reason.

This is the rotor I had (for comparison with yours). I'm sure you can find one at Panchikawatta.

dingy your engine is an orion or saturn?

4G1 series = Orion

4G3 series = Saturn

Edited by Davy

wow they still sell brand new parts for this in Japan thats amazing!

My steering box is oka...the tire rods are gone.....i bought a brand new steering box from japan about 3 years ago coz my dads a flies for sri lankan so i bought it with him....the problem i hv is that whn u jump 50 the whole car starts to wobble today my mechanic took the rods to panchikawatte to get it done...

im surprised to hear that u r finding it difficult find roters cups etc cos in horana kalutara eria its available if any one wants saturn or orian engines can buy it for below 20000 in horana cos recently i replaced distributer cup ,roter,platinum. cam cover gasket,and even caburater repear kits available

Edited by anuradhaplanter

im surprised to hear that u r finding it difficult find roters cups etc cos in horana kalutara eria its available if any one wants saturn or orian engines can buy it for below 20000 in horana cos recently i replaced distributer cup ,roter,platinum. cam cover gasket,and even caburater repear kits available

Were you there at Horana 2-3 weeks back. I saw similar looking car to yours, parked close to bus stand .

where should i check if i visit the horana town....you know the location ?

Mate, there are two places near Horana with engines and body parts.( Rusiru motors and sagara motors). 1st place is close to my home and if you want any help pm your contact details.

do you think they will have carburettors for the Lancer 4G11 engines (orion) if so please can you let me have their tel nos

Mate, there are two places near Horana with engines and body parts.( Rusiru motors and sagara motors). 1st place is close to my home and if you want any help pm your contact details.

do you think they will have carburettors for the Lancer 4G11 engines (orion) if so please can you let me have their tel nos

Its bit unlikely that they would sell the carb alone,but i'll give you their contact num tomorrow.

Guys i know its a bit out of topic but do u guys know of any avalablelancer celestes...my dad i looking for one thnx

They're hard to find and most of them are in pretty bad shape. I saw one for sale at Kottawa (close to Commercial Bank on the side of the road) a few weeks back and the car looked like it's in average conditon. Saw one advertised on H!T @D (Sunday before last if I'm not mistaken) as well.

I am restoring my dads old lancer and i need help....to start with can someone plz tell me from where i cn buy the rear light...

Bro there was a place in Delkanda where a guy makes lights, provided you atleast have one side in good condition.

I met him about one and half years back to get a quote for my 1987 Mitsubishi Colt (4G13) rear lights (one is in good condition however the other one is now gradually breaking away).

He quoted 5000 bucks per side.

Apparently he seems to have taken over the business from his father who had been in fiber business for ages (operated from his house).

As I recall it was a right turn soon after passing the Delkanda bridge (when travelling towards Maharagama).

Good luck mate.

Visit Anthupitha Motors Panchkawatte, close to HNB, same side for old lights and lens.

MINIACE

There's another joint on a first floor (passing Anthupitha Motors, same side, towards HNB) who specialize in old lights.

Once I was directed here and apparently they were the only guys who could get me a passenger side headlight.

It cost me 3.9K about 2 years back (Taiwan based product), still using and no issues or faded.

If I could find his business card, let me update this post tomorrow.

Edited by Croozer

Bro there was a place in Delkanda where a guy makes lights, provided you atleast have one side in good condition.

I met him about one and half years back to get a quote for my 1987 Mitsubishi Colt (4G13) rear lights (one is in good condition however the other one is now gradually breaking away).

He quoted 5000 bucks per side.

Apparently he seems to have taken over the business from his father who had been in fiber business for ages (operated from his house).

As I recall it was a right turn soon after passing the Delkanda bridge (when travelling towards Maharagama).

Good luck mate.

Thnx man i will try that place bro

Guys from whr cn i buy a speedo meter cable for this model???

thnx

Do you have the original one with you? At least the cable casing? Try Panchikawatta. I had to replace my speed o' meter cable as well and I bought it from Ja-Ela (Dunst@n @uto Traders) many years ago.

Edited by Davy

davy i also have a problem with my speedometer cable....it suddenly shivers and stops working although the trip count is fine and goes on. then suddenly the needle is back to normal. i replaced the cable twice with a new one each time. what is so special with the cable does the A72 have a different one the one i have replaced is the same for all standard cars?

wonder if there is a problem inside the meter housing it self.

Do you have the original one with you? At least the cable casing? Try Panchikawatta. I had to replace my speed o' meter cable as well and I bought it from Ja-Ela (Dunst@n @uto Traders) many years ago.

yes i hv the original wit me

davy i also have a problem with my speedometer cable....it suddenly shivers and stops working although the trip count is fine and goes on. then suddenly the needle is back to normal. i replaced the cable twice with a new one each time. what is so special with the cable does the A72 have a different one the one i have replaced is the same for all standard cars?

wonder if there is a problem inside the meter housing it self.

Do you notice this happening at a particular speed (Ex: when you touch 40)? If this is occasional and if you’re certain that it’s not one of the issues below, then you might have to get the speed o' meter repaired.

One place that I can point you towards is to check the plug hole (at the back of the speed o’ meter) to which the cable plugs in. You must have noticed that both the ends of the speed o’ meter cable are square shaped. With time, the plug hole in the speed o meter wears out and widens, allowing the cable to slip (quivering speed o’ meter needle). The plug hole also has to be square shaped, if it’s worn out and appears to be round; the issue is most probably that. This is a common issue with the A72's age.

The other reason is what I faced which was buying a longer cable. The L300 and the A72 comes with the exact cable ends but the L300 cable is a few inches longer (and I bought it :rolleyes:). The additional length of the cable result in it having to be laid out in such a way that the cable goes through some sharp bends before reaching the speed o’ meter. This results in additional friction within the cable (at the bends) and the needle starts to quiver at certain (mostly low) speeds. So you’ve got to have the same replacement cable.