• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Advise About Engine Surfce Cleaning ?

CAR_MADNESS

Chaps, I find engine degreaser a lot more efficient than diesel, because I only need to rinse it with water and it leaves no residue nor does it attract dust. I did note however that the stuff wasn't available at the place I bought it from before and I'm on my last 100ml or so :) Thankfully you don't need a lot for the job.

the service stations around my area use a degreaser and they refer to it as pentra oil. no idea what the hell it is but it smells pretty strong...

not too sure if that stuff is good for rubber bits...

If there is good degreaser available for a decent price...i too would ditch diesel and switch :)

diesel is messy and if you're spraying it, it tends to get around all over the place. you'd have to do a full wash afterwards.

the service stations around my area use a degreaser and they refer to it as pentra oil. no idea what the hell it is but it smells pretty strong...

not too sure if that stuff is good for rubber bits...

If there is good degreaser available for a decent price...i too would ditch diesel and switch :)

diesel is messy and if you're spraying it, it tends to get around all over the place. you'd have to do a full wash afterwards.

I think the stuff I use is probably this, but I bought it on a whim about 5 years ago and the label is now in tatters but there is still some of the "good stuff" left. I bought it on a whim and was quite surprised about how effectively it did the job. In the UK I bought some degreaser from probably the best known brand here called "GUNK" but it wasn't as good.

http://compare.ebay.co.uk/like/280754957694?var=lv&ltyp=AllFixedPriceItemTypes&var=sbar&cbt=y

its better to spend time cleaning your vehicle's interior than cleaning your engine unless your gonna have your car at a motor show

Actually it makes it easier to spot things like oil or fluid leaks and also makes it easier to work on the engine