• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Ek3 Reducing Water In Rediator

kosala02

I saw once my mech repaired a leaky radior in a cr42 using a mixture of superglue and dirt (very fine dust) Said it's the only way to repair those plastic radiators. Don't know how effective it is but you can try it until you find a replacement. But don't blame me if it failed :)

'Amila G',

I do not know how this Mechanic had found this method. Now days Radiators when you start the Engine get pressurized, most of this type of repair jobs fail due to Pressure of the Radiator.

Have to do like welding Plastic fusing if not it will not hold the pressure.

I had a problem last year in Jaffna. We 10 of us haired a A/C Bus and went for a holiday for 5 days. On the last day the Radiator bottom PVB connecting hose gave away. near Arayalay about 10 Km to Jaffna town.I wend under the bus examined the water leak Managed to come to town by tie the PVB hose to the Radiator, that 10 km we did not close the Radiator cap filled the water as it goes down. Went round Stanly road to find Quick dry Araldite or any Epoxy paste which will dry Quickly.

Fixed the hose back with epoxy paste did not do any thing till next morning. We started the engine next morning came back to Colombo. After about 50 Km again the hose gave away. The PVB hose crack had got cracked again.

Only a very little water leak from the joint. What we did was did not want to waste time. Off the A/C opened the windows Started back the return trip keeping the Radiator cap out pouring water as it goes down, till we came back to Colombo. We never drove more than 40 Kilometers/ hour,

Until we came back to Colombo we had filled the Radiator about 50 liters of water on the move. Only at OMARIGOLLA hill climb we had to come on 2 gear the engine boiled manage to stop thrice, filled the Radiator came to Colombo after that.

Above is my experience repairing PVB Radiator thanks.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

'kosala02',

I don't think any one do reconditioning Radiators. Most available in used spare parts dealers are removed from vehicles and they are as it is.Cannot comment about the price. Don't you like to try (Thailand) from Tech motors around 20K or from C.T. Lionel around 12K (UAE Manufactured). I think they are new Radiators.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

Yep, those are new.. you have to buy the radiator cap separately, which costs around 800 LKR.

Kushan, where is the shop located?

You know Panchikawatte junction, directions are from there. You need to drive 30 Metres towards Maradana, Its at your left hand side.

Edited by kushan
  • Like 1

You can repair the radiator for around 1500, But I advice you to buy a new one. Genuine Honda will cost around 60K at Stafford, but you can buy a good one (Thailand) from Tech motors around 20K or from C.T. Lionel around 12K (UAE Manufactured).

Reparing is not good, since it wont last long, probably in another month it will leak from different place. I was raparing like that and realized its not going to end, so bought a new one from C.T Lionel around 12K.

Hi Kushan,

Do Tech and CT have exactly same radiators as the genuine one or they fix some general matching radiators with a few modifications? Becoz I have seen some ek3s has replaced a radiator with some bigger width radiators. My ek3 has the original radiator with a smaller width than them. I guess that becoz of single pipe line.

I replaced the plastic top tank with a brand new Thailand made plastic top tank 1 1/2 years ago. Now I have noticed some reductions in water level after 2-3 weeks. Still couldn't figure out how.

But after the over night park I have noticed in the morning there is some wet looking green color coolant in the joint of aluminium core and plastic tank.

Planning to go for a pressure check again this Saturday. Before that any guess from you guys?

Many Thanks,

Hi Kushan,

Do Tech and CT have exactly same radiators as the genuine one or they fix some general matching radiators with a few modifications? Becoz I have seen some ek3s has replaced a radiator with some bigger width radiators. My ek3 has the original radiator with a smaller width than them. I guess that becoz of single pipe line.

I replaced the plastic top tank with a brand new Thailand made plastic top tank 1 1/2 years ago. Now I have noticed some reductions in water level after 2-3 weeks. Still couldn't figure out how.

But after the over night park I have noticed in the morning there is some wet looking green color coolant in the joint of aluminium core and plastic tank.

Planning to go for a pressure check again this Saturday. Before that any guess from you guys?

Many Thanks,

They have exactly the same item as the original machan, Unpacked it in front of my eyes.

They may put some glue to prevent the leak but its not going to last long definitely. Im saying this by experience.

Reparing is not good machan since the issue may come again at anytime, so actually we can't get rid of that feeling.

Why dont you go for a new one, they gives 1 year warranty too, and its not very much expensive. :)