• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Car Front Door Glass Beading/sealer - Where Can Find Used/new ?

nish1

@Supra_Natural,

By the wayI checked the price in those japan sites,ebay and what I feel is the price almost the same or higher!!

Ex: front window rubber Toyota Lanka price ~Rs 13000 while price in a japan site is almost Rs 20000; used door visor SL price 4000, JP used price 8000!!!!!

Is it just due to low value of our rupee?

The only place to get a good second hand one is the Delkanda strip. All others are pretty crap and doesnt fit nice as the original. you can get a second hand one with no fuss from this place. Also try SHAN spares in Vijerama. Thats one stop shop and awesome stuff. They will even fit it.

• Like 1

@Supra_Natural,

By the wayI checked the price in those japan sites,ebay and what I feel is the price almost the same or higher!!

Ex: front window rubber Toyota Lanka price ~Rs 13000 while price in a japan site is almost Rs 20000; used door visor SL price 4000, JP used price 8000!!!!!

Is it just due to low value of our rupee?

Possibly because Toyota Lanka got their stocks down before the Rupee went down, this kind of thing isn't really a very fast moving item after all so perhaps they've had stocks for over a year. In that instance you may as well get it from Toyota. Or ask GS Motors if they can import it for you. There are a few joints around Delkanda that import beadings and such. Cant remember the specifics but if you take a walk that way you might be able to find something that works.

@ Supra_Natural /NZer,

Thanks for positive input.

Most of the popular windscreen shops will have more or less similar looking beading (Rs4000/=) but it is different from the original one.

@ Supra_Natural /NZer,

Most of the popular windscreen shops will have more or less similar looking beading (Rs4000/=) but it is different from the original one.

True, but this Shan joint (that was the name I forgot) has stuff that is close to the original in quality if I remember right. Might be worth it to check it out.

@ Supra_Natural /NZer,

My god! man.. if you want the good quality stuff you need to pay the price. And clearly you're not willing to. So stop being a picky little bitch and just get a beading that's good enough to do the job . You don't need to create so much drama about it..

Edited by Watchman

My god! man.. if you want the good quality stuff you need to pay the price. And clearly you're not willing to. So stop being a picky little bitch and just get a beading that's good enough to do the job . You don't need to create so much drama about it..

I am just trying to get the original beading at relatively lesser price than at Toyota Lanka. I Did not think that it is drama as you mentioned!!!!!

If you do not know....for God's sake please keep quite.

I will find the original part at lesser price or even get it from the agent at a premium price.

Thanks for all who helped me and who kept quite just because they did not know!!

Edited by nano31

If you do not know....for God's sake please keep quite.

I will find the original part at lesser price or even get it from the agent at a premium price.

Thanks for all who helped me and who kept quite just because they did not know!!

Nano31, this is a public forum and at times you will attract criticism or comments you might not personally like. That is the nature of forums, and some people will be more polite than others, and some might also hold more extreme views than others. I think Supra has already said it, but this is no different to the world around you, so it's best you find ways of dealing with the variety of comments that may get thrown at you. It is the same for everybody, not just you.

We will only step in if is evidence of bullying and harassment beyond acceptable levels.