• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

A Weird Issue...

trinity

You and most of us too machan! Guess you have to run without AC for a month...

Let us know if that fixes it.

Yes Komi... Having an innocent hope that i would be able to spare few bucks from the Salary for this.. After all, i cant put my family behind my car,, Will keep you guys updated of the outcome.. Will take a little while for sure...

Cheers!!

Hi Davy...

Sorry for the late reply, Could not check the alternator but A/C compressor baring should be fine as it was replaced last year (I hope we are talking about the same one here).

And no machan i could not check the sound as it was raining outside and i was already late for an errand..

I guess the next step would be for you to get the AC checked up as the others have suggested as well. I know it feels safe to assume that the bearings and all are fine because you did a repair, but it could be that the repair itself is erroneous here. Plus, your AC behaving strangely gives more indication towards investigating on it more.

Best thing would have been if you could have opened the hood and checked if you can locate the source of the sound machang. That makes life a lot easier than having to assume a lot of things. And it’s you who can do it because this thing starts to happen once in a while at random occasions.

Edited by Davy

The mist coming out of the vents is commonly caused by excessive moisture in the blown air, which condenses since the temp is below what they call the dew point (same phenomenon causes condensation on your beer mug). One cause might be the major humidity we've been seeing the past few days, but a more plausible explanation would be that your a/c's water drainage system is clogged up, which means there's no way for the moisture which has been separated from the blown air to escape. Get it looked at ASAP, and get your compressor looked as well. I believe all your woes center around it.

Or could this be other way around.

1. Inside the car is saturated with the moisture for inside temperature (relative humidity is closer to 100%). Once cold the air starts moving in, the air around vents reach 100% relative humidity. This can observed as mist near the vents.

1. Or else the fresh air from A/C can hold more moisture due to low temperature. (Again about relative humidity). But once come out of vents it can’t hold that much or moisture due to sudden high temperature outside the vents. So we observe it as mist.

Once temperature reduced, the relative humidity goes down accordingly. Thus air inside can hold more moisture without turning in to water (mist).

IMHO this is more accordance with physics. Combination of both above can happen once you start the A/C. :)

• 3 weeks later...

Update,.,

Got salary on 24th and went to the A/C mech yesterday. Did a full A/C service. Nothing wrong with the compressor according to the A/C mechanic and he confirmed that all components related to Air conditioning is functioning as they should. Re gassed the system and Air conditioning is superb.

Also the issue did not come to surface from August 7th. Only reason i could think of is, after replacing the belts they were bit loose and made huge scratching noise then around 10th August i tightened the belts. Now there's no noise and no issue.

Just hoping that it was the case and this will not haunt me again. Will keep you guys posted if anything happened in the future....

Cheers guys!!