• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Axio.is It A Really Good Car?

alpha17

it stinks right? ,

come on men, don't drag poor parents or wives here.

I guess they've nothing to do with his madnes.

His environment is such that they clap his life's little achievements... like peeing the furthest, buying a Honda City and ricing it, buying a B4, selling it... and now his Magnum Opus, an Allion... Pinnacle of IJ's life... ;)

Come on, IJ, take me to courts now please... :) Or is your lawyer friend busy with your wife and MIL?

:)

• Like 1

it stinks right? ,

Actually his mother has a lot to do with his retarded state. She should have got an abortion before giving birth to this retard.

• Like 1

sorry.. mazda 3 is faster... ur toyotas are shit.. and thats that... stop being an idiot..

we dont have econo cars.. sorry... even if we do we try to get the faster versions... not allions and axios.. as i said before i would rather shit on my hands and clap before i own either one..

i have driven the axio and the mazda 3.. mazda 3 is faster.. picks up much faster than the axio as well..

so stop being a moron..

Not in the 1.5/1.6L class man.

it stinks right? ,

Lack of respect for families is a reflection of their own family problems (or the absence of a proper family for some) and the quality of moderation in the site. I have not dragged their loved ones into any of my posts except on very few occasions when I just replied to them in the same tone that they did. I think I should stop doing that also because I live a completely perfect family life and therefore I should be more tolerant than others.

Look VVTi and other classless dumbasses: we all have our fights of words in the forum and then we go back to real world. When I go back to mine none of the utter crap you type exist, so you're just wasting your time :) But yes you can continue to waste your time likewise but it's not going to deter me. It hasn't deterred me for years, why would it now?

His environment is such that they clap his life's little achievements... like peeing the furthest, buying a Honda City and ricing it, buying a B4, selling it... and now his Magnum Opus, an Allion... Pinnacle of IJ's life... ;)

Come on, IJ, take me to courts now please... :) Or is your lawyer friend busy with your wife and MIL?

Nope you're mistaken, I don't judge my life's success by what car I own now, only good success I have achieved so far are certainly outside of cars.

I am 29 years and I know too many people who owned an Allion or better before that age. Allion is not a car you can brag about, in terms of cars I would only call it a success the day I manage to buy a relatively new BMW 3 Series(I wouldn't be content driving such age old crap BMW like yours).

Lack of respect for families is a reflection of their own family problems (or the absence of a proper family for some) and the quality of moderation in the site.

why exactly do we have to respect your family? Breeding a mongoloid son, who tries to take legal action on someone who called him out on the internet, is nothing to be proud of.

Nope you're mistaken, I don't judge my life's success by what car I own now, only good success I have achieved so far are certainly outside of cars.

I am 29 years and I know too many people who owned an Allion or better before that age. Allion is not a car you can brag about, in terms of cars I would only call it a success the day I manage to buy a relatively new BMW 3 Series(I wouldn't be content driving such age old crap BMW like yours).

Oh dear... sound like despite your success and 'perfect' family life, you judge your quality of life and its success by the prospective ownership of a 'relatively' new BMW 3 Series.... sad, machang.. sad... :)

BTW, my E39 523i is long gone. :)

While you are still dreaming of getting a 'relatively new; BMW 3 Series, we are well past our BMWs... sort of a 'been there, done that'

Go ahead, see if at least a 'relatively new' BMW 3 Series will add some quality to your already 'perfect' life... ;)

I am sure you will get an extra tag team BJ for that achievement... :)

• Like 1

bitch please.... it is faster... maybe u cant drive... of course u cant.. u have an allion..

Its not that his Allion can't go fast, it can, especailly when its in N and going downhill, its just the two sets of talking labias (One new, one old) n the car when he goes for his family outings has him by his scrotal sack... impeding the Allion's legendary performance... :)

• Like 1

Its not that his Allion can't go fast, it can, especailly when its in N and going downhill, its just the two sets of talking labias (One new, one old) n the car when he goes for his family outings has him by his scrotal sack... impeding the Allion's legendary performance... :)

where do we fond these guys man..

Ok haterz, let's do a quick fact check.

1) What's the background behind this lawyer story? I am not the firt one to threaten legal action, in fact Pericles is the silly one who threatened legal actions against me sometime ago in a different thread, and I just retuned the silly rotten joke in this instance. Pericles, I know your bitter and angry but showing the cool face :D. Look dumbass, it's easy to get you to pretend cool by simply challenging that you're bitter.

I recall saying someone could sue you, not that I had any interest is doing so, you utter moron. As the moderator, I was pointing out a mistake you made, not threatening you myself. Such a simple thing.... but so far beyond your grasp... sad really.

The things this idiot "knows".... :rolleyes: He reduces the overall IQ level on this forum every time he posts.

Oh dear... sound like despite your success and 'perfect' family life, you judge your quality of life and its success by the prospective ownership of a 'relatively' new BMW 3 Series.... sad, machang.. sad... :)

BTW, my E39 523i is long gone. :)

While you are still dreaming of getting a 'relatively new; BMW 3 Series, we are well past our BMWs... sort of a 'been there, done that'

Go ahead, see if at least a 'relatively new' BMW 3 Series will add some quality to your already 'perfect' life... ;)

I am sure you will get an extra tag team BJ for that achievement... :)

Nope I don't judge the quality of my life depending on what I drive as I have stated very clearly in my post. Yes as far as a car is concerned I will be content with a properly new 3Series. But I wonder how your Subaru Forester with scratches, dents and other unexplained markings is an upgrade from a BMW LOOSER! :D

I recall saying someone could sue you, not that I had any interest is doing so, you utter moron. As the moderator, I was pointing out a mistake you made, not threatening you myself. Such a simple thing.... but so far beyond your grasp... sad really.

The things this idiot "knows".... :rolleyes: He reduces the overall IQ level on this forum every time he posts.

Now now you don't have to explain you know :P

Now now you don't have to explain you know :P

I was explaining for the benefit of the others. Obviously I don't have to explain to you, its no use, you've repeatedly proven that you are too stupid to understand.

Also I've had just about enough of the OT, so consider this the official warning that no further OT will be tolerated on this.

Mazda3/Axela handles sweet but the 1.5/1.6L variants are too sluggish (poor acceleration). Couple of my friends who previously had ES Civics upgraded Mazda3 with high hopes and then soon got rid of them because of poor acceleration. I am quite sure Mazda3 is even slower than Axio in terms of acceleration.

That's right. There is quite a power deficit between a 1.5L Mazda 3 and a 1.5 ES Civic. However for me the Mazda was better in handling and ride quality. Many people in Sri Lanka don't consider good ride quality important for a car's performance. But on roads that are not carpeted that power deficit vanishes if you have a car with a very good ride. We experienced this (many years ago) between a ES Civic Vtec (I was a passenger) and a 1.8 8v 406. On the smooth straight roads the Peugeot could not match the Honda but was always within sights. The moment we left the carpeted road onto a rough stretch the 406 overtook us and vanished out of sight. We had to slow right down to stop our teeth clicking. It was a bit embarrassing to have them wait for us at the hotel :sad-smiley-017:

However these days most of the roads are looking good I must say.

• Like 1

Comparing Mazda3 and Axio is not suitable for this thread since it began on the topic,' Is Axio really a good car' . There are so many common cars other than Mazda3 ,such as Honda Civic &

Nissan Sunny if comparing.

0 to 60 or 100 Km accelaration is not a suitable factor and inappropriate to discuss on every day cars other than the racing cars, since there are so many features to discuss.

Spot on. I would like to add that in normal road driving the 0-100km/h times can be ridiculously superfluous. I think many people use this measure because it makes a nice simple number and is easily marketable to the gullible consumers out there. More important are the "in gear times". 30-50mph, 50-70mph which are more "real world" on real roads. Years ago auto magazines such as Autocar and Motor used to have such details but now I can't see them in current road tests.

I've driven many cars with relatively high 0-100 times but they has such torque in the mid rev range that so called high bhp cars with low 0-100 times won't know which way the car went on a demanding road.

• Like 2

Thanks GTAm for bringing up some really valid points. I understand that due to much superior handling characteristics Mazda3/Axela would be the faster car in Sri Lankan back roads, I never contest that notion.

Handling aside what do you think about power delivery of Toyota's VVTi/CVT combination and it's effect on Mazda3 vs. Axio acceleration on smoother roads (especially under 100kph)?

Thanks GTAm for bringing up some really valid points. I understand that due to much superior handling characteristics Mazda3/Axela would be the faster car in Sri Lankan back roads, I never contest that notion.

Handling aside what do you think about power delivery of Toyota's VVTi/CVT combination and it's effect on Mazda3 vs. Axio acceleration on smoother roads (especially under 100kph)?

IJ, I have not driven them back to back or timed them to comment on this specifically. I can say this though; most Toyota's are very very smooth at low revs. But the moment you try anything bordering on brisk pace, they begin to sound like stressed out washing machines. I'm not talking about Toyota sports cars but sedans like the Axio. This coupled with their soft suspension and steering so light that if you breathe too deeply you can make unnecessary steering ( ;)) adjustments without your wanting to. Besides this there is so little communication from either the steering or the seat to your butt that going fast becomes a lot of guesswork as to where the cars' limits are. For most owners this will not be an issue because they'll never need to go near those limits. Fair enough.

In the Mazda 3 the situation is a lot better. The 3 does not feel particularly fast but you tend to know more about what the wheels are doing and how much grip is left. And there is a lot more grip given the 3's expensive IRS that the Corolla does not have. The steering is not as communicative as say a BMW but it's weighted nice and heavier than the Toyota for sure. So you feel a lot more confident driving fast. Considering the quality of the chassis I think the Mazda can do with a lot more power.

I've actually driven almost all the cars in that class at that time. One that I missed was the Mitsu Lancer. The best drive for me was the Subaru Impreza 1.5 hatch. Perfect suspension and good steering, great handling and noise, but under powered and ugly inside and out IMO. The VW Golf (mk 5) felt very sophisticated and was the lightest car in the whole class, but severely underpowered. The Fiat Bravo was the polar opposite. 150bhp and a load of torque so very quick but the chassis felt quite ordinary. The current Civic for me was all about the engine. Revved very nice but I was so disappointed with the ride quality and steering. I felt the ES was a better drive. Just my opinion! I don't want to tread on any Lions' tails and have UN-ending roaring contests that seems to be almost standard in almost every discussion. :medium-smiley-037:

• Like 5

IJ, I have not driven them back to back or timed them to comment on this specifically. I can say this though; most Toyota's are very very smooth at low revs. But the moment you try anything bordering on brisk pace, they begin to sound like stressed out washing machines. I'm not talking about Toyota sports cars but sedans like the Axio. This coupled with their soft suspension and steering so light that if you breathe too deeply you can make unnecessary steering ( ;)) adjustments without your wanting to. Besides this there is so little communication from either the steering or the seat to your butt that going fast becomes a lot of guesswork as to where the cars' limits are. For most owners this will not be an issue because they'll never need to go near those limits. Fair enough.

In the Mazda 3 the situation is a lot better. The 3 does not feel particularly fast but you tend to know more about what the wheels are doing and how much grip is left. And there is a lot more grip given the 3's expensive IRS that the Corolla does not have. The steering is not as communicative as say a BMW but it's weighted nice and heavier than the Toyota for sure. So you feel a lot more confident driving fast. Considering the quality of the chassis I think the Mazda can do with a lot more power.

I've actually driven almost all the cars in that class at that time. One that I missed was the Mitsu Lancer. The best drive for me was the Subaru Impreza 1.5 hatch. Perfect suspension and good steering, great handling and noise, but under powered and ugly inside and out IMO. The VW Golf (mk 5) felt very sophisticated and was the lightest car in the whole class, but severely underpowered. The Fiat Bravo was the polar opposite. 150bhp and a load of torque so very quick but the chassis felt quite ordinary. The current Civic for me was all about the engine. Revved very nice but I was so disappointed with the ride quality and steering. I felt the ES was a better drive. Just my opinion! I don't want to tread on any Lions' tails and have UN-ending roaring contests that seems to be almost standard in almost every discussion. :medium-smiley-037:

Saluted..!

I drive a 2008 Corolla Axio.

Pros:

• Comfortable soft ride on any Sri Lankan road (handles pot holes/bumps/impacts very well)
  • Reasonable ground clearance
  • Easiest to drive (can drive for hours without feeling tired)
  • bullet proof Toyota reliability
  • Cheap to run (14" tyres, 12-13kmpl city, 14-16kmpl outstation, runs on 90 octane, low service cost, low sophistication)
  • Can be a bit brisky if you get used to the CVT box
  • After all you can sell it at a higher price than you bought it

Cons:

1. Low space in the back
  2. engine squeaks in high revs

When i want to drive like an idiot I go to speedrome !

No, just your average everyday asshole who has partial information and thinks he knows everything, but is too stupid and opinionated to know better.

So when i swear i get warned but you are free to do as you want? No wonder this country is stuck in its place. Such double standard.

• Like 1