• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Fuel Prices Goes Up ?

ramithad

Don't worry guys. We have local innovators who can build engines to run on water. Then there was another media blitz on someone running a car using wind turbines. In case if you run short of water you can use urine! LOL. Take it easy now. We pay a high price now for a CEB unit because of the futuristic vision (or is it the commission off a unit) of a former Generaale (Yes, raale) to go for diesel generators. We the decent citizens kept quiet. So what now! Let those guys enjoy their portfolios and the perks while they are in power. We the decent citizens of SL choose just to keep quiet. We seem to be enjoying more when they hurt us more and more. Are we sadistic perverts or what?

• Like 1

I don't really bother about fuel prices as I have no control over it... In fact the gvt it self doesn't have control in it... although i found this as funny because someone has asked about the price of 95 octane... so when i searched..... the website as usual hasnt updated... If this happpned in some other country we can sue them or can ask the fuel for the above mentioned prices..... But this is La La land!!!

http://www.ceypetco.gov.lk/Marketing.htm

hope inserting the link won't create any forum rules issue... :)

I don't really bother about fuel prices as I have no control over it... In fact the gvt it self doesn't have control in it... although i found this as funny because someone has asked about the price of 95 octane... so when i searched..... the website as usual hasnt updated... If this happpned in some other country we can sue them or can ask the fuel for the above mentioned prices..... But this is La La land!!!

http://www.ceypetco....k/Marketing.htm

hope inserting the link won't create any forum rules issue... :)

Yeah you are right! You cannot sue them for displaying a wrong price regardless of the country you live in! In the face of law it is only an "invitation to treat" but not amounting to a contract of sale. As for the web address it is public info. So no vice committed. Of course we do not hv a control over these things! No one bothers! After all everything ends on 21st of December. So let's keep quiet. Isn't it very nice of us to just sit back and hope that our beloved govts (I mean past and present) are always doing the right thing? Wow! What a 5-star democracy! How fortunate are our leaders to lead such a herd of obedient subjects.

Edited by Rumesh88

Yeah you are right! You cannot sue them for displaying a wrong price regardless of the country you live in! In the face of law it is only an "invitation to treat" but not amounting to a contract of sale. As for the web address it is public info. So no vice committed. Of course we do not hv a control over these things! No one bothers! After all everything ends on 21st of December. So let's keep quiet. Isn't it very nice of us to just sit back and hope that our beloved govts (I mean past and present) are always doing the right thing? Wow! What a 5-star democracy! How fortunate are our leaders to lead such a herd of obedient subjects.

well u can say that this is just an invitation to treat... But i dnt see it that way... coz this is more in the misrepresentation situation... this is THE gvt website for the ceypetco.... where e can get information on there sales and market values.... most probably the best source....soo they are telling us in a way that the fuel prices are still the same.... yet what we heard only from tvos that the prices have gone up... so u can argue on that regardless of the country....

Cremdean Properties Ltd v Nash...

But yeah u r probably correct... who else will go that much to do such thing... ;)and for the world's end i think its now considered as postpond due to some technical difficulties..... :)

• 2 months later...

Talk about a nasty surprise !

Just got up and there was a SMS ( News Alert ) – Fuel Prices GONE UP

90 octane by 3/- so 162/- Per L

95 octane by 3/- so 170/- Per L

Auto Diesel by 6/- so 121/- Per L

Super Diesel by 3/- so 145/- Per L

Can anyone confirm same ???

Talk about a nasty surprise !

Just got up and there was a SMS ( News Alert ) – Fuel Prices GONE UP

90 octane by 3/- so 162/- Per L

95 octane by 3/- so 170/- Per L