• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Emission Test Failed, High Co Level In 5A-Fe Engine

djpra123

Question

Dear Experts,

This is the place which I usually lookup for tips and to get trusted advices on automotive throughout the years and finally time has come for me to put a major issue which I'm facing now that requires your help greatly...

I have a Toyota Sprinter Marino 1993 model 5A-FE (EFI) which failed 2 emission tests done in DriveGr**n. The attachment has the latest results. The problem is high CO levels in both idle and 2500 RPM. Car normally does around 9km/l city and I thought its normal for a manual Marino.

I have done a Engine tuneup in J*kis 7 months back and they did clean the throttle body, plugs were not replaced but adjusted and they cleaned the injectors just using the carb cleaner ( didn't attached to that measuring machine and checked even thought I was charged for it it seems :( ) . Small water drips started to appear from the silencer n made me happy so didn't go after it.

Now after like 8000kms when the emission test initially failed I showed my car to a person in Vidyala junction and he figured out that the Overflow to the petrol tank had a blockage and fixed it (some small particle was inside the metal tube near to the tank). No check engine light to show any sensor error. Also he did a self diagnose to identify if there is a sensor issue and non has problems. He checked the spark plugs and said the mixture is rich and the plugs are oki, and checked the throttle body which only had small amount of carbon. So he suggested not to do a full tuneup again. So I went for the test this Saturday and it failed with the below results for the second time.

post-49612-0-16327200-1346033979_thumb.j

Guys, What can be the issue here. I have used octane 95, VIC air filter, mobil 40 as well.

I have no option but to take this to a place in Raththanapitiya which has emission equipment and they charge 2500 just to find the fault and asked to come on a weekday which I cannot allocate due to circumstances.

1. Does this sounds as a fault in O2 sensor?

2. Do I need to replace the spark plugs?

3. Can this be a Dalco issue? Or to check the Dalco wiring and adjust Dalco?

Greatly appreciate your help.

post-49612-0-38110700-1346035064_thumb.j

Edited by djpra123

Hi Rumesh, thanks for the info didnt know it was the IACV, and nop we cleaned it after removing throttle body from manifold + we removed the manifold from the engine to cleat it too. thats  how we found out that the line to IACV is blocked (filled with carbon deposit from bottom of the manifold to the valve)

car is running smooth now thanks to this thread and Mr.Dammika Fernando. he did a good job of tuning. he didnt have to remove anything to clean except for spark plugs and the air cleaner to inspect. I never seen a guy equipped with so much of tools and monitoring devices. according to him the valve timing is bit off (retarded) so have to fix that and that explained excess carbon deposit inside inlet manifold.

Thanks for sharing information guys. 

for anyone who wish to visit Mr.Dammika he lives in Cotta road, no 129 when you coming from Boralla to Rajagiruya left hand side about 100m before the railway crossing. it is not a garage he does it at his home so dont look for a garage you will never find his place. and better get a appointment in advance he does only one vehicle at a time.