• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Allion Or Corolla Or Civic

manoj123

Question

Hi all,

I need your advice on buying a car between 3.5 Mn to 4.0 Mn. i am thinking of several options

1. Allion

2. 141 - Diesel

3. Honda Civic

My concern is less maintenance cost, fuel efficiency and the second hand market value. Can any one advice on this and let me know which models should i select in terms of above.

Before i thought of buying a hybrid vehicle and based on my budget i realsed that i can not get a latest hybrid model and if i buy a used hybrid probebly i can get 2008-2009 YOM vehicles but i think i will have to face for a huge maintenace cost with in another 2 or 3 years.

Please advice on this...

2C engine when become old you have to do proper adjesments on tappets, injectors and injection pump etc. here most ppl can't do it properly. so when run the engine, 4 pistons compression, fuel injection, fire etc. r not equal, so engine generate vibration. if the flywheel bit heavy this unbalance can balance some. so can control vibration

Going on what you say, it sounds better to take the trouble to find someone to do the adjustment and fix the problem, rather than changing the flywheel, which sounds like a makabaas fix of treating the symptoms while leaving the problem.

2C engine when become old you have to do proper adjesments on tappets, injectors and injection pump etc. here most ppl can't do it properly. so when run the engine, 4 pistons compression, fuel injection, fire etc. r not equal, so engine generate vibration. if the flywheel bit heavy this unbalance can balance some. so can control vibration

So you say a 2C diesel engine is as good as a petrol if in perfect condition.. and then you say that in SL you dont get 'perfect 2C' engines? So how is your advice of any value?

Going on what you say, it sounds better to take the trouble to find someone to do the adjustment and fix the problem, rather than changing the flywheel, which sounds like a makabaas fix of treating the symptoms while leaving the problem.

yes proper way is to do adjustments. but expensive. normally toyota lanka takes around 35000/- to calibrate injection pump and so on. so ppl running with some vibrations (also telling with every one 2C engine is not good have vibrations and bla bla). as a goda wedakam some one can change flywheel. it can buy around 5000/-

So you say a 2C diesel engine is as good as a petrol if in perfect condition.. and then you say that in SL you dont get 'perfect 2C' engines? So how is your advice of any value?

who is telling there is no perfect 2C engine? some one was telling here 2C has lot of vibration. so i told reasons to vibration.

i think the best diesel engine is 2C (According to maintain cost, fuel consumption etc.) it has fixed to lot of models of toyota CE100, CE110, CE192, CE212 carina, Caldina, crown, vista, CR27, CR36, CR41, etc. also when converting Europe petrol vehicles to diesel ppl mostly used 2C

who is telling there is no perfect 2C engine? some one was telling here 2C has lot of vibration. so i told reasons to vibration.

i think the best diesel engine is 2C (According to maintain cost, fuel consumption etc.) it has fixed to lot of models of toyota CE100, CE110, CE192, CE212 carina, Caldina, crown, vista, CR27, CR36, CR41, etc. also when converting Europe petrol vehicles to diesel ppl mostly used 2C

i agree it's so common and easy to maintain since all garages are familiar with 2C.

And i do disagree the comfort fact, because at the moment i'm using a toyota car with 2C-T engine,as heavy runner in colombo, E01 weekly.

Have to say that the regular diesel vibration is evident with speed.

And please note that the vibration is so personalised term with what you consider as benchmark.if you compare a van , yes it's comfortable.

But in compare to average petrol car or euro diesel at same age (E46 or 406HDI) It's nowhere near friend.

And what i've to say is fixing such an engine(from early 80's) to 2007- car (141 D) is just a crime according to my book.

Edited by chan5

You said the 2C engine is as quiet as a petrol engine. Then you say that the 2c has vibrations etc. Hence negating your first statement.

Is that short and sweet enough for you?

i agree it's so common and easy to maintain since all garages are familiar with 2C.

And i do disagree the comfort fact, because at the moment i'm using a toyota car with 2C-T engine,as heavy runner in colombo, E01 weekly.

And please note that the vibration is so personalised term with what you consider as benchmark.if you compare a van , yes it's comfortable.

But in compare to average petrol car or euro diesel at same age (E46 or 406HDI) It's nowhere near friend.

And what i've to say is fixing such an engine(from early 80's) to 2007- car (141 D) is just a crime according to my book.

as i told you before. doing adjustments u can reduce the vibration. how your engine mileage now?

I think the allion would suit well for you.it's vry economical in every way....interior is gud and spacious and the materials used are also gud.it bears the name of toyota and has a gud resale value.than a civic u will find it more spacious and economical(although i dnt like the interior of fd 1)if u want more performance together with fuel eco,then go for a 1.8 one

I too got to know from a friend that diesel, manual 141 had given them amazingly good km/l results in an outstation tour he participated.

Any diesel would give roughly the same figures, the e46 gets around 13 in city and about 17 in long distance drives and keep in mind that the e46 is a car that weights much more than the 141 so what exactly is so magical about this engine ? Please do enlighten us.

Edited by The Stig

Any diesel would give roughly the same figures, the e46 gets around 13 in city and about 17 in long distance drives and keep in mind that the e46 is a car that weights much more than the 141 so what exactly is so magical about this engine ? Please do enlighten us.

Just note that I've ZERO knowledge abt this Engine & fuel figure stated by friend was 19-20 Km/L.....

as i told you before. doing adjustments u can reduce the vibration. how your engine mileage now?

it's says 180k , but i don't believe that value , and i've done engine overhaul with genuine parts in a reputed garage for toyotas.

With all sort of adjustments , new injectors , pump service, and engine mounts too.

Still it's 2C which has it's own drawbacks.

I'm impress by the simplicity of maintenances , for ME it's around 10 kmpl colombo heavy traffic and 15 on E01 (Steady speed at 90kmh).

That's i'm expecting for more than 10year old car, but the same engine in brand new 141 corolla-? they've not bothered putting new engine (atleast 3CTE) even after almost 30 years of 2c?

I say it's a crime on daylight

Agree!

it's says 180k , but i don't believe that value , and i've done engine overhaul with genuine parts in a reputed garage for toyotas.

With all sort of adjustments , new injectors , pump service, and engine mounts too.

Still it's 2C which has it's own drawbacks.

I'm impress by the simplicity of maintenances , for ME it's around 10 kmpl colombo heavy traffic and 15 on E01 (Steady speed at 90kmh).

That's i'm expecting for more than 10year old car, but the same engine in brand new 141 corolla-? they've not bothered putting new engine (atleast 3CTE) even after almost 30 years of 2c?

I say it's a crime on daylight

how many KM have you done after overhaul? did you calibrate the injection pump?

I too got to know from a friend that diesel, manual 141 had given them amazingly good km/l results in an outstation tour he participated.

is this YOUR 24th post?

Ok or ret*rd,

can you tell ME where does it say a fuel figure? . What's the number of amazingly good?.

Stop being ja***ss men.

is this YOUR 24th post?

Ok or ret*rd,

can you tell ME where does it say a fuel figure? . What's the number of amazingly good?.

Stop being ja***ss men.

Ayyio Salli

Retarded

Nilantha:

Don't worry about 2C engine. city driving it will do 12kml with AC and 17kmpl outstation with AC if Manual gear one. i can sure that.

Me:

The Stig:

Any diesel would give roughly the same figures, the e46 gets around 13 in city and about 17 in long distance

Me:

Just note that I've ZERO knowledge abt this Engine & fuel figure stated by friend was 19-20 Km/L.....

chan5:

highly unlikely , in colombo

:heat:

Ayyio Salli

Retarded

Nilantha:

Don't worry about 2C engine. city driving it will do 12kml with AC and 17kmpl outstation with AC if Manual gear one. i can sure that.

Me:

The Stig:

Any diesel would give roughly the same figures, the e46 gets around 13 in city and about 17 in long distance

Me:

chan5:

highly unlikely , in colombo

:heat:

Sorry, i didn't find it's important to connect all your posts here and there, and assume it was same friend with same trip in same car , it was my bad.

Ok I'll admit, 2C does 20kmpl

when after 25000km do adjust tappet clearance. from where did you do injection pump calibration? Demo or Toyota lanka?

i did it from toyota lanka, and i'll try doing this tappet thing again,

there's a slight doubt in my mind,

i remember a saying .

"If it didn't break , never fix it "