• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

2013 Range Rover

malla

Mercedes tend to develop less issues than RR growing old. The part prices are probably comparable but you spend less time in the dealership. Just ask anybody whose owned a RR or a Discovery (I'm going by feedback I get from friends and various surveys confirm this. Also if you take out an extended warranty the warranty for a Merc is a lot cheaper than a RR).

yhh its really not a good ida to run a RR/disco over 50,000km and it always gives some trouble... not like its going to breakdown and you have to sit on the road but so many small things start to fall apart. With all that being said if u want a true drivers car nothing can come close to RR or da disco.

yhh its really not a good ida to run a RR/disco over 50,000km and it always gives some trouble... not like its going to breakdown and you have to sit on the road but so many small things start to fall apart. With all that being said if u want a true drivers car nothing can come close to RR or da disco.

Aww come on! This is getting ridiculous now. You do realize that there's a New Vehicle Limited Warranty offered at purchase for:

4 years/80,000 km, right?

really? you mean, after the 3 yr unlimited mile warranty runs out?

Well my research on the matter was limited to a quick google search for the warranty on it; as I find this whole 'don't buy it, it won't run over 50k without issues' notion a bit excessive.

As far as I know: When you buy it new there's a one year (unlimited mileage) parts and repair warranty on it and a 4 year/80,000 km limited warranty...

* I didn't link the local site as I don't want to seem like I'm advertising for them. Plus the local site doesn't really have any info other than a (non-working) link to a PDF brochure. Even the pictures on that site depict the previous model. The Canadian and US sites seem to be the best source for info. Although if you do go on the US site be aware that, as those buggers are yet to figure out the metric system, all those figures are in miles and gallons...

Edited by Kavvz

Aww come on! This is getting ridiculous now. You do realize that there's a New Vehicle Limited Warranty offered at purchase for:

4 years/80,000 km, right?

Yes still parts start to fall apart within the first year on in most RR and Disco's. This is not because these care are made cheap but since they have so many parts and electronics... sensors... etc.

as I find this whole 'don't buy it, it won't run over 50k without issues' notion a bit excessive.

man I never said not to buy one. I just said don't expect it to be perfect after the 1st year or so.. and when you run in to problems parts are very rare and local agent may not be able to offer a level of service that you expect from such a luxury brand.

Edited by Junkfriend