• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Toyota Prius

MIBSriLanka

I feel sorry for you not having proper sense. If someone says that his FB 15 doing 10KM/l that means all the adds are that say 10KM/l are his ones. That prius ad is put by a lady. I am not a car seller. I feel sorry for you.

If you have not heard of anyone who has achieved 30 KM/L, please access internet and see for yourself. I hope you are not talking big by using conventional petrol car that does less than 15 Km/L. Cammon use new technology and see the difference. If cannot afford try to hire one for a day. One day in my heaven.

Huh? Anything that does more than 11 in colombo are econoboxes, not conventional cars per say

ha ha ha....funnyyyyyyyyyy :jumping-smiley-013:

her one and your one both doing exactly 30kml...he he...

and most economical car in the world.

and you are the richest man in the world.

you are the man... :blink:

hey prius r us now what?

you have a prius isnt it?

Have any thing to say? :unsure:

LOL...pot! kettle! black! :lol:

BTW dude what happened to your Mahaa Kalu Sinhala Utterly Patriotic CampaignTM to make us all type in Singrish? :P

Well its manufacture IS destroying the environment... Specifically the battery making.

Anyway, personally, I don't really hate it, its just overhyped.

And looks horrible imo.

But take the Tesla type S, that's what a green car should look like.

It seems like the most talked about car related topic in SL these days is the Prius.

People are so eager in buying one and are talking about fancy stuff like, Going green, Saving the environment etc..

But I just don’t know how many have analyzed the negative impact it has on the environment. For an example, what would be the procedure for disposing the used batteries? I don’t think there’s a proper plan for this.

And I think the lifetime of a Prius is less than an average car running on pure gas. Therefore if people keep on importing used hybrids to SL, it will be another occasion where SL becomes a Junk yard for developed countries.

We have enough environment problems with used computers, mobile phones, electronic items etc.. don’t we??

It seems like the most talked about car related topic in SL these days is the Prius.

People are so eager in buying one and are talking about fancy stuff like, Going green, Saving the environment etc..

But I just don’t know how many have analyzed the negative impact it has on the environment. For an example, what would be the procedure for disposing the used batteries? I don’t think there’s a proper plan for this.

And I think the lifetime of a Prius is less than an average car running on pure gas. Therefore if people keep on importing used hybrids to SL, it will be another occasion where SL becomes a Junk yard for developed countries.

We have enough environment problems with used computers, mobile phones, electronic items etc.. don’t we??

This is just spreading FUD (Fear, Uncertainty and Doubt). "The EPA and California Air Resources Board (CARB) rate the Prius as among the cleanest vehicles sold in the United States based on smog forming and toxic emissions" - https://secure.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/wiki/Toyota_Prius. There's plenty of authoritative info suggesting the environment friendliness of the Prius. Factual evidence contradict with your arguments.

In future electronic gadget usage per capita will only increase. Look at how many folks are showing off their iPads on coffee shops here.

Anyway, personally, I don't really hate it, its just overhyped.

1+

i think the biggest reason some are jumping up and down for prius these days is that

1.It's from toyota

2.MPG figures advertised are off the charts

3.Tax concessions given for hybrids

Hate to generalize but it seems that most folks who don't know much about cars in general are the most excited lot.

This is the group that wants a transport solution from A to B for a buck and a half... :P

saving the environment etc is just pure bs IMHO cos if that's the case...they can buy a bicycle

The EPA and California Air Resources Board (CARB) rate the Prius as among the cleanest vehicles sold in the United States based on smog forming and toxic emissions"

True that in emissions it may be cleaner, but the overall environmental impact in making a Prius with its huge NiMH batteries are disastrous to the environment, especially when it comes to disposing the batteries. IMO, people in SL will have no way to dispose of the battery or recycle it, they'll find a way to take it out and run on just petrol like other cars by bypassing the electric only system or so or fixing some Pb-Acid batteries to start it up and send all the batteries to some empty land where it'd be left to rot or whatever may happen to it. I've seen few such vehicles in SL like that, buses etc. but that's iron and it'd go back to the earth no problem. But all the material in NiMH batteries are going to cause severe soil pollution...

But I just don’t know how many have analyzed the negative impact

I am planning on going Green... Gonna paint the BMW Oxford Green and the Alfa British Racing Green... ;)

I know Yesterday the SriLankan young Singer CHilli Brought Prius.. Bcs one of my friend in Leasing company done his docs..

I haven't heard of this idiot

He might not been having enough money to buy a merc or atleast a pure petrol axio

thats why he must have bought this

Let's face it,

no one would talk about nor buy a hybrid if it was the same price of a pure petrol

People who got hybrids boast about environmental friendliness

yet all of them went for hybrids cause they are cheep

Edited by toyota sucks

Both those would surely be greener than a Prius both literally and to the environment biggrin.gif

What Alfa do you have btw? Was it up for sale recently?

Its a 164 Super, 3.0 24V V6. Yes it was... it still is. Tired of the 'How is it on fuel?' Questions... :). Tired of the gasps I get when I say it is a 5Kmpl car... ;)

Now given up, and enjoying the car. Not going to sell unless a serious petrolhead with 95RON running in his veins comes and takes her away.

Edited by VVTi