• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Toyota Prius

MIBSriLanka

Aren't most of these new plastic bags bio degradable or something? Some don't say that but they do seem to rot away whenever used too many times unsure.gif Had a load of polythene bags around the room which was used to put stuff etc which I had to throw away after becoming a pile of flakes.

True that not many can buy brand new computers etc., but bringing a lot of junk with a bit of usable parts isn't very good. Same will apply when people look for the cheapest car to get the least tax, and they'll usually have the most miles despite what the odo reads, and in turn worst batteries.

And plastics used for furniture is grade 5 thermoplastic so that can be easily recycled, unlike thermosetting ones used in sockets/switches etc.

Close, It's a 2002 Passat 1.8T... Congrats on the purchase, VWs are bloody good cars as long as you understand and accept that they ARE going to throw the occasional random issue up every now and again. As long as you can deal with that they are superb.

Is it just me or could this be the reason why people are so eager to buy Toyotas

And plastics used for furniture is grade 5 thermoplastic so that can be easily recycled, unlike thermosetting ones used in sockets/switches etc.

Errrr didn't we all agree that there's no proper recycling procedure in SL? Isn't that why we are having this conversation?

Is it just me or could this be the reason why people are so eager to buy Toyotas

Yes it is according to most people I've asked. Reasons for Toyota - easy to maintain, not many problems come up even with abuse, easy to sell in SL, can find used parts for cheap prices and accident cars and - "does well on fuel" angry-smiley-024.gif

Edited by BLu3HaZe

Errrr didn't we all agree that there's no proper recycling procedure in SL? Isn't that why we are having this conversation?

For batteries and electronic items, no. For plastics, yes possibly but not for all :)

Edited by BLu3HaZe

We don't have, but Abans and CMC started a recycling initiative where they collect plastics, metal, glass and paper. They come to collect every 2-3 weeks, and the plastics and metal gets exported.

Glass gets melted and paper gets recycled as well at the mill.

I really don't get the point why..Sri Lankans hate this prius so much...i just bought a new axio and i'm gonna try it for a while and definitely i'll go for a prius and see why people hate it so much.... :unsure:

Sri Lankans don't hate the Prius. People who LIKE to DRIVE hate the Prius. Its just not fun. And it has a reputation that waaay exceeds its abilities. Gen 1 definitely.

I really don't get the point why..Sri Lankans hate this prius so much...i just bought a new axio and i'm gonna try it for a while and definitely i'll go for a prius and see why people hate it so much.... :unsure:

Well, I don't hate it. I just don't like it.

people would not go for a prius if it costs more than a Allion...they go for it because of price...most people havnt had a good experience of green cars...

my dad can buy a Prius for 2.4million bt because of crazy people's advises he has decided to buy a Vitz........

v have to how hybrids will adopt to sri lankan market...most of da forum people publish their ideas without owning a Hybrid as i think ...........

people would not go for a prius if it costs more than a Allion...they go for it because of price...most people havnt had a good experience of green cars...

my dad can buy a Prius for 2.4million bt because of crazy people's advises he has decided to buy a Vitz........

v have to how hybrids will adopt to sri lankan market...most of da forum people publish their ideas without owning a Hybrid as i think ...........

yes mate i really appreciate your idea..it exactly as i say..If somebody doesn't like it..thats not because of the design , reliability ,or any other thing..it's because of fun driving.. driving is driving i suppose..there's nothing called fun driving..I don't understand the people who makes negative comments on prius..coz i don't see anything wrong in that car..it's just a new technology and the future of auto mobile industry.. :rolleyes:

Sri Lankans don't hate the Prius. People who LIKE to DRIVE hate the Prius. Its just not fun. And it has a reputation that waaay exceeds its abilities. Gen 1 definitely.

can u explain the difference between driving and fun driving please????? :unsure:

can u explain the difference between driving and fun driving please????? :unsure:

There are people who are driving enthusiasts, petrolheads, car enthusiasts etc..

Not everyone behind a wheel is a driver.

For most here, driving is FUN

Aren't most of these new plastic bags bio degradable or something? Some don't say that but they do seem to rot away whenever used too many times unsure.gif Had a load of polythene bags around the room which was used to put stuff etc which I had to throw away after becoming a pile of flakes.

They are not biodegradable machan, just degradable. Over time they breaked down into a dust. Biodegradable means that it can be broken down by microbes to create minerals and such. In a hundred years of so if a scientist were to take a soil sample in an area where a lot of these bags were dumped, he would be able to see a layer of plastic dust/flakes during the period these degradable bags were used. Eitherway they are slightly better than the non-degradable bags as they don't block waterways and don't enter the food chain as much (the same cannot be said for seafood).

Edited by jdnet

yes mate i really appreciate your idea..it exactly as i say..If somebody doesn't like it..thats not because of the design , reliability ,or any other thing..it's because of fun driving.. driving is driving i suppose..there's nothing called fun driving..I don't understand the people who makes negative comments on prius..coz i don't see anything wrong in that car..it's just a new technology and the future of auto mobile industry.. :rolleyes:

Just cause you don't find it fun, doesn't mean there isn't.

can you explain the difference between having sex to reproduce and having sex for pleasure? :rolleyes:

ROFL!!!!

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!!!

Hope they get it at least now... :)

But then, most Corolla drivers are the 'in and out before you know it' types I suppose, with their affinity towards, 'Energy Conservation'... :)

well dude its like this when you get in to car and driving you feel pleasure to drive car and enjoy the ride then it put a smile in your face that's fun driving.

driving is you get in to car and driving because you have to drive and hop you can get there quick so you can stop driving.

to some fun driving is driving a fast car or family sedan it doesnt matter you driving rx 8 evo vi-rs axio Prius vios if you love to driveing it then it's fun driving.

in simple its like wearing your favorite cloth or wearing same thing.

please dont get angry with me guys this is just my personal opinion :)

Edited by nexus

But then, most Corolla drivers are the 'in and out before you know it' types I suppose, with their affinity towards, 'Energy Conservation'... :)

Haha in and out before you know it :lol: Could be the 'is it in honey' type too.

Anyways to make things more interesting on this thread why only talk about the Prius? Anybody checked out the Hybrid Harrier that was up for sale?

How about some other hybrid models like the:

-Honda Insight

-Toyota SAI

-Lexus GS

-Honda FIT

-Civic

The Honda Insight FOB price is 1.3 million yen!! Of course there are many different hybrids out there but I listed some that are actually ready to be shipped to Sri-Lanka.

LoL premature e********** :angry-smiley-048::lol:

You know whats funny? Cars in SL and Toyota's in particular sell with two main points in mind. Fuel consumption and resale. Thats mentality. What will happen to all these eager beavers who want to bring down hybrids when they discover that aging batteries makes the car more difficult to sell and brings the value down? Specially if they have gone and paid a premium for used cars in the first place by trying to keep up some kinda image?