• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Buying a new smartphone

Zambo

Finally managed to check out some Sony phones within my budget at a phone shop. After doing a comparison with Xperia Sola, Xperia Neo L and Xperia U, my mind is more inclined towards the Neo L. It appears to have the biggest screen of the three and doesn't have the boxy shape of the other two. It also runs ICS out of the box. On the downside, the build quality of all Sony phones seem to be rather poor.

Would anyone like to comment on the Neo L?

Btw I am still open to the idea of getting a Samsung, HTC or a Motorola but didn't get a chance to take a look at them yet.

I dunno if you can find it here, or what the budget would be, but look into the Xperia S

http://www.gsmarena....eria_s-4369.php

The most interesting thing is that Sony has released it to AOSP. A pure Android build on some pretty good hardware in the offing here. Top of the queue on updates, bet on it getting the Jelly Bean update PDQ. And the hardware should be good for some time to come.

The Neo L does looks the best of that set.

Edited by Pericles

I would get that Lenovo, simply because I'm an IBM/Lenovo fanboy.

Lenovo no longer has any connection to IBM. IBM has completely lost interest in the PC market. I'm not sure what I can say under NDA terms, but that they are completely out of the PCs is public record. They had this consolidation of key competencies kinda housekeeping.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lenovo#Ownership

Edited by Pericles

Lenovo no longer has any connection to IBM. IBM has completely lost interest in the PC market. I'm not sure what I can say under NDA terms, but that they are completely out of the PCs is public record. They had this consolidation of key competencies kinda housekeeping.

http://en.wikipedia....enovo#Ownership

I know, but their high end Thinkpad (the only model I've used so far) line still maintains with the same functionality, looks and solidness the IBM versions were famous for. I recently got my filthy mitts on an x201 and it still looks and feels like the old x41, right down to the keyboard and the quality of the materials used in the exterior (waiting for SSD and extra 4GB ram to arrive to get an excuse to open it up under warranty).

iPhone 5 Price, Release Date Announced: New iPhone Starts At $199, Arrives In U.S. On September 21

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

Didn't you agree to NOT spread mis-information just a few hours ago? :rolleyes:

Pricing for US customers will start at $199 with a two-year telecom service contract.

http://sg.news.yahoo...-172245381.html

Edited by Watchman
  • Like 1

So the only thing apple have done is made the screen bigger and the unit slimmer? No wonder they're litigating the crap out of Samsung. I believe for the first time Apple have lost their edge. This is certainly a lot less than what I was expecting. There's no real reason for a 4 user to upgrade this time around.

• Like 3

So the only thing apple have done is made the screen bigger and the unit slimmer? No wonder they're litigating the crap out of Samsung. I believe for the first time Apple have lost their edge. This is certainly a lot less than what I was expecting. There's no real reason for a 4 user to upgrade this time around.

Saw in some article that the unlocked 16GB version is GBP 529 in the UK.

While 4S still seems to be a pretty decent phone by apple's standards, Is there any benefit upgrading?

The cheaper rentals are the ones for 24 months, so if how will the upgrading to new phone work cost-wise. Does the service provider give the new phone for the same plan at an additional cost or does it count as a terminated plan and charge for that?

AT&T, Verizon and Sprint don't service Sri Lanka. Value of that post = 0

Thx for telling that.. :)

- For others : This could be a date to remember that sellers at ebay or amazon might start taking orders and you'll be able to receive it at earliest.. :smilie_liebe9:

Edited by kmeeg
  • Like 1

Thx for telling that.. :)

- For others : This could be a date to remember that sellers at ebay or amazon might start taking orders and you'll be able to receive it at earliest.. :smilie_liebe9:

I think they already started.. :sport-smiley-004:

Check these links-

http://www.ebay.com/...=item19d538e492

< Delivery - Estimated between Wed. Sep. 19 and Sat. Sep. 22> + International Customers Add $60 USD for shipping

Edited by kmeeg

Whoa .. I must surely hv set some ifanboy asses on fire for stating the obvious! (I hv earned my first AL negative reps) :P Anyways, not being a droid fan either (I come from the original nokia gang who were let down by symbian), I'm just stating what seems to be the obvious. In the current smartphone playground though, is it worth to wait for the 'perfect' phone? Newer ones will keep coming and you will be waiting for a long time.

Whoa .. I must surely hv set some ifanboy asses on fire for stating the obvious! (I hv earned my first AL negative reps) :P Anyways, not being a droid fan either (I come from the original nokia gang who were let down by symbian), I'm just stating what seems to be the obvious. In the current smartphone playground though, is it worth to wait for the 'perfect' phone? Newer ones will keep coming and you will be waiting for a long time.

Why bother, I don't think ip5 offers much over 4s or any other newer phone including s3, nokia l920, razr hd etc. The premise looked jaded..

This is why you got negative reps

samsung-ad-560x430.jpeg

Edited by Magnum

This is why you got negative reps

Exactly! This sums up part of what I've been saying :D Does anyone know if that is a genuine Samsung US ad - unlikely - or a somebody's prank (even if it's the truth)?

Edited by vishkid

Exactly! This sums up part of what I've been saying :D Does anyone know if that is a genuine Samsung US ad - unlikely - or a somebody's prank (even if it's the truth)?

You were saying Iphone 5 is the best of the best at the moment :D

Well its a Sammy ad, probably in the UK