• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Buying a new smartphone

Zambo

thats a bit too much for a Motorola IMO

and youll get the hang of it, im big as you (maybe bigger) and always used phones with the qwerty physical keyboard and was afraid to go for a full touch, but i can work fine with the 4.3" display in my phone

Getting back to this Motoblur issue, I found this

Getting back to this Motoblur issue, I found this

well since its stock android and comes with a physical keyboard it is a good phone, but i personaly still just cant seem to live with it.

btw this is what i had.

• 3 weeks later...

If your current phone is less than 2 years old, I suggest waiting for the next iPhone to come out. Right now all the Android handsets are tripping over themselves in a bid to 1up each other in anticipation of Apple's next release. However, Apple really needs a hero product this time around because Siri wasn't enough the last time, and I'm pretty sure in 6 days time something quite spectacular will be released. Then, everyone else will start playing catch up towards the end of the year, thus prices dropping across the board for non Apple products.

If your current phone is less than 2 years old, I suggest waiting for the next iPhone to come out. Right now all the Android handsets are tripping over themselves in a bid to 1up each other in anticipation of Apple's next release. However, Apple really needs a hero product this time around because Siri wasn't enough the last time, and I'm pretty sure in 6 days time something quite spectacular will be released. Then, everyone else will start playing catch up towards the end of the year, thus prices dropping across the board for non Apple products.

I doubt so. Now the game is Apple need to catch up with Android

:) Not that I agree on the analysis, but, no issues, I'll be buying only next year. Just keeping track of the market since I want certain things from my phone.

Apologies in advance if this post spoils the party.

Consider me as a hopeless ignoramus when it comes to phones. Could someone pls recommend a phone with the following:

0. Budget - 40,000 max

1. touch screen only

2. android/windows mobile

3. biggest possible screen space within my budget

4. not so worried about the number of cores in the processor

5. good camera

so any advices?

Consider me as a hopeless ignoramus when it comes to phones. Could someone pls recommend a phone with the following:

0. Budget - 40,000 max

1. touch screen only

5. good camera

so any advices?

Sony Xperia Sola ( around 40 )

Sony Ericsson Arc S ( 40+ when the last time I checked )

0. Budget - 40,000 max

1. touch screen only

5. good camera

so any advices?

Croswind,

According to a well known mobile importing company, today fastest selling is Samsung mobile..

There are Chinese mobiles in Pettah mobile dealers, same as Samsung for less than Rs:7500.00 Touch screen,who import them through the regular Singapore travelers.

One of my workers use Chinese phone with touch screen for last 8 months without any trouble which he bought for Rs: 6000.00.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

0. Budget - 40,000 max

1. touch screen only

5. good camera

so any advices?

1st bit of advice, ignore Sylvi.

That price range should put you in solid mid range territory.

Question : How soon do you want it? That Razr M should come within your budget when it come out, should be below you budget.

Also, do you wanna buy it from here?

Crosswind,

Try Metropolitan Computers (Pvt) Limited.Sony Ericson has at their show rooms,within your budget.

Sony Ericsson Live with Walkman

List Price - Rs.34, 990.00

Discounted price – Rs.32, 900.00

Contact number 4622471. for specifications log into the web page given below.

http://www.gsmarena.com/sony_ericsson_live_with_walkman-4111.php

I am not advertising this only for your information as there was a negative reply to my earlier post. Which I mentioned the mobile market facts.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

Since crosswind has mentioned that "biggest possible screen space within my budget" above sony Ericsson will not work at all !

bump a budget a bit and go for a SGS2.Can get a one around 50 i think. or wait another few months. whole lots of phones are gonna come :)

if u have someone in the states, ask them o bring a one. what i do normally is buy 2/3 months used phone from there for lot cheaper and bring it. When i got my galaxy s like that, it cost me about 35k and it was more than 65k in SL.

Croswind,

According to a well known mobile importing company, today fastest selling is Samsung mobile..

There are Chinese mobiles in Pettah mobile dealers, same as Samsung for less than Rs:7500.00 Touch screen,who import them through the regular Singapore travelers.

One of my workers use Chinese phone with touch screen for last 8 months without any trouble which he bought for Rs: 6000.00.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

ayyo salli... chinese van, indian van, chinese phone.. ane manda..

wait! you guys buy from these places like Singer and Abans!? are you kidding me!? :speechless-smiley-004: :speechless-smiley-004:

not everyone.. just silvi :P

anyhow, crosswind, if your okay with used phonese, u might be able to get a galaxy S3 for that price

or if you want brandnew, the best is sony xperia sola

Crosswind,

Try Metropolitan Computers (Pvt) Limited.Sony Ericson has at their show rooms,within your budget.

Sony Ericsson Live with Walkman

List Price - Rs.34, 990.00

Discounted price – Rs.32, 900.00

Contact number 4622471. for specifications log into the web page given below.

http://www.gsmarena....alkman-4111.php

I am not advertising this only for your information as there was a negative reply to my earlier post. Which I mentioned the mobile market facts.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

ane sylvi mame.. he said with a biggest possible screen.. the xperia live walkman is one of the smallest screen android devices

and if you.. uh i donno,, go to a diffrent phone shop.. its below 25k

ayyo salli... chinese van, indian van, chinese phone.. ane manda..

not everyone.. just silvi :P

anyhow, crosswind, if your okay with used phonese, u might be able to get a galaxy S3 for that price

or if you want brandnew, the best is sony xperia sola

lol give the guy a break. i do realize that he doesnt have much knowledge when it comes to smartphones but he is trying :P you guys always seem to be picking on him

Edited by Magnum

0. Budget - 40,000 max

1. touch screen only

5. good camera

so any advices?

you might be able to get a used SGSII for around 45K, maybe if you negotiate you might be able to get it down to 40K

keep in touch with this FB group

https://www.facebook...groups/safebuy/

edit: there is a Korean and Japanese version as well, they'll be cheaper but dont buy them. go for the international version which is known as I9100.

Edited by Magnum

Oh god... the last person I expected to give phone advice was Sylvi :)

anyway did someone say its possible to get a galaxy S2 for that price (B/New)? Also Sola looks good.

aren't HTCs in vogue anymore?

I need to buy it from good ol sri lanka. any recommendations for vendors?

Edited by Crosswind

anyway did someone say its possible to get a galaxy S2 for that price (B/New)? Also Sola looks good.

yes i did but thats not brand new

used galaxy s2 is possible, but like magnum said, have to be cautious when buying a S2