• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Honda Civic Es Or Ek?

chamath1

Question

Hi everyone this is my first forum post and it's reguarding my very own first car :)

When I was a teenager I had the luxury of riding Mitsubishi Pajero (1989), L200, Lancer Box, Nissan N16, Doctor Sunny, Bluebird (Diesel), Peugeot 406,407, Freelander and none of them gave me the beautiful experience of riding a 1995 Vtec Honda Civic Ex (EG) car. I almost learned all the driving tactics on Sri Lankan roads on this vehicle as my father owned it. I loved it's unique balance between horsepower and fuel consumption which was 15kmpl within Kandy city roads. I dreamt of having it for a lifetime but my dad had to sell it as he needed a four wheel for his travels.

Years later I saw the same car in bits and pieces in a garage as the second owner had tried to modify the vehicle in a very cheap form and then met with a major accident and the vehicle had to be sold for parts. I never felt so sad for machine like that before, and here I am now trying to get a same car just to revive my wild and free good times by buying a Civic to myself :)

I truly like to go for an EG but since that model is too old I'm confused with buying either ES or EK series?

My aspects for a good car is:

1. Fuel Consumption (>12 within city limits, >15 on highway)

2. Price < 2.2 Million

3. Low maintennance cost

4. Vtec engine HP>100

5. Sporty Look (optional)

When it comes to fuel efficiency , I heard that Lancer CVT has a good kmpl count (15-18KMPL) but didn't go for it because of the memories I had with a Civic and when it comes to looks Civic wins.

I truly like to go for an EG but since that model is too old I'm confused with buying either ES or EK series. Which one is the best when t comes to my requirement ?

Lol sorry for my constant questionings. I'm just curious on buying my first car :P I've bargained the price to the last and it was a damn cheap price from the original value posted :D

But still that Odometer thing gives me the doubt. The vehicle number is 301-8XXX so doesn't it sound like the mileage is less than 120000Km?

Can someone plz value this car?

Honda Ek3 2000 model

1500CC Vti

Manual Gear.

3stage Vtec Engine

Sports Muffler

Factory Fitted Spoiler

Crystal Headlights

Original Honda 12 Inch Tyres

No Airbag No ABS

Power Shutter,Power Steering, Power Mirror

Very Unique Original Factory Color

3rd Owner.

Edited by chamath1

Lol sorry for my constant questionings. I'm just curious on buying my first car :P I've bargained the price to the last and it was a damn cheap price from the original value posted :D

But still that Odometer thing gives me the doubt. The vehicle number is 301-8XXX so doesn't it sound like the mileage is less than 120000Km?

Honda Ek3 2000 model

1500CC Vti

Manual Gear.

3stage Vtec Engine

Sports Muffler

Factory Fitted Spoiler

Crystal Headlights

No Airbag No ABS

3rd Owner.

Original tires eh? Well good luck with that.

What is this "very unique original factory color" that you speak of? Or is that the name of the color?

Also you forgot to add "first owner was a doctor" to the list. It makes all the difference in the world. If the first owner was a neurosurgeon, the value will increase. Might decrease if the first owner was a proctologist.

Edited by jdnet
  • Like 2

mate..sorry to dissapoint you and let you down like this.

theres no engine called a vti engine in honda. its vtec. dont say you didnt know this.

vti is the sing export version of the jdm civic with few more additions like all 4 disc and leather interior etc..

if the car you are tlaking abt is a 2000 brandnew imported i can never be a vti. its an exi

and mind you 3 stage v tec d 15b never comes with exi so this car has undergone an engine swap.

i dont wanna waste my time on teaching you kindergarten stuff. as per your specs this car would worth 1.7 now adays. still i feel this is too much.

Honda Ek3 2000 model

1500CC Vti

Manual Gear.

3stage Vtec Engine

Sports Muffler

Factory Fitted Spoiler

Crystal Headlights

No Airbag No ABS

3rd Owner.

what??? 12 inch??? dont isult the brand dude.

one last thing, any idiot can sell any shit in sri lanka as long as people like you are there..

Edited by VPJ

Honda Ek3 2000 model

1500CC Vti

Manual Gear.

3stage Vtec Engine

Sports Muffler

Factory Fitted Spoiler

Crystal Headlights

No Airbag No ABS

3rd Owner.

YOM 2000 and reg No 301- mean this is a brand new imported one and the model is exi can't be vti. If it is vti and YOM 2000 def it should have been imported recon should bear a English number and equipped with air bags and ABS.

Honda Ek3 2000 model

1500CC Vti

Manual Gear.

3stage Vtec Engine

Sports Muffler

Factory Fitted Spoiler

Crystal Headlights

No Airbag No ABS

3rd Owner.

Honda Ek3 2000 model = 301 no then it should be a brand new one if so it wont be a VTI & should be a EXI.

then how comes it a V-tec engine ???

EXI comes with a 13inch wheels.

Vtec verisons have ABS & the mentioned one is no.

as other's state owner has swapped an engine.

You already have the facts you need. Do you want us to make some for you?

Ok I'll start.

The EK3 is a marvelous piece of machinery that God himself commanded Noah to build. People commonly call the EK3 Noah's Ark. Yet it wasn't really an ark. It was a magnificent piece of machinery that has enough torque and horsepower to climb up the highest mountain in the event of a biblical flood. It has enough room to fit two of every animal in the world so that after the flood is over you can repopulate the world. When Noah was building his EK3, people did not believe such a high-tech piece of machinery was needed. Some thought it was the devil that tricked Noah into building it in order to corrupt the humans. Little did they know that God himself wanted this built so that he could repopulate the planet after he had rid it of the miserable and corrupt humans.

Noah spent day and night for years, hammering metal and creating wiring harnesses. Till one day this beauty was complete. He stood on top of the hood and shouted "Eureka, Eureka." That very day he commanded all the animal couples waiting in line to get into the car. Once this was complete he drove to the petrol shed to get a full tank to make it to Horton Plains. Little did he know that the devil had convinced the petroleum minister to buy substandard petrol and sell in to Noah in order to destroy his EK3. A few miles after pumping a full tank the car stopped.

God then commanded Noah to remove the petrol filter and put in a new one that God himself placed in the trunk, knowing all too well about how the petroleum minister was corrupt. Then god commanded Noah to use 95 octane petrol from the IOC since the Indians were slightly less corrupt. Finally Noah made it to Horton plains in his EK3 filled with two of every animal. climbing the hill was a breeze thanks to the VTI engine God had Noah build. Because he was using 95 octane petrol, Noah got 18 KMPL with a/c on. Nuwara Eliya is a little too cold for a/c but he had twwo emperor penguins who needed extremely cold temperatures to survive. The excellent a/c compressor on the EK3 made this possible.

Just as he reached the world end, God unleashed a massive flood that killed every living creature on earth, except for those saved by Noah and his EK3. Not many know of what really happened when god commanded Noah to build an arc. Only a select few prophets were told by God almighty that the Arc was really a Honda Civic EK3.

so this my friend, is why the EK3 is the greatest car in the world.

BTW the ES is a Chinese copy that Confucius attempted to build after they received word that Noah was building the ark. Like all Chinese people, he was incapable of building a decent copy so it sank during the flood. All the ES' you see now are flood damaged.

LOL. yes, it's a miracle.

Today I met a person who had the passion for Civics sing the 80s (lol). He gave me advice how to maintain a Civic properly and which one should I go for and sounds like he loves his Civics more than his wife :D

He too advised me not to go for it because of it's unusual mileage. It's kinda sad but I had to forget about it.

Couple of days back I found a Civic which was in excellent condition but the problem was the transmission was Auto. I only prefer manual geared vehicles. I think I swept through each and every corner of AL but I will keep digging deeper. If someone comes across a vehicle with these specs plz share the link.

Manual Geared

3stage vtec engine

Full option

Leather interior (Optional)

YOM anything above 1999 OR Mileage less than 150000Km.

BTW shanX Ray Charles? LOL!!!!

Today I met a person who had the passion for Civics sing the 80s (lol). He gave me advice how to maintain a Civic properly and which one should I go for and sounds like he loves his Civics more than his wife :D

He too advised me not to go for it because of it's unusual mileage. It's kinda sad but I had to forget about it.

Couple of days back I found a Civic which was in excellent condition but the problem was the transmission was Auto. I only prefer manual geared vehicles. I think I swept through each and every corner of AL but I will keep digging deeper. If someone comes across a vehicle with these specs plz share the link.

Manual Geared

3stage vtec engine

Full option

Leather interior (Optional)

YOM anything above 1999 OR Mileage less than 150000Km.

BTW shanX Ray Charles? LOL!!!!

listen child..there are so many other things than the milage that you should be worried about in that car. thats a fake!!as per your above specs, you are looking at a ek3 with english paltes with vtec and manual transmission. i would say you have to be really really like to find something similar. becoz manual english plate vtec cars are very very rare and people who have them never sell. you should be able to find a 96/97 manual v tec with 300/301 plates. there are plenty of them around.

i have a multimatic vi which does about 8KMPL in the city and 12.5KMPL outstation.so the manual gear civic's should do better. I think you should be able to get 12KMPL in the city in a manual civic because my friend who drives a manual claims the same.to my knowledge u dont get leather interior in Ek's unless they are done after market.and i dont thing finding a low milage ek3 vi or a vir-RS because who ever owns these machines will always have the fun of driving them.anyways good luck!

i have a multimatic vi which does about 8KMPL in the city and 12.5KMPL outstation.so the manual gear civic's should do better. I think you should be able to get 12KMPL in the city in a manual civic because my friend who drives a manual claims the same.to my knowledge u dont get leather interior in Ek's unless they are done after market.and i dont thing finding a low milage ek3 vi or a vir-RS because who ever owns these machines will always have the fun of driving them.anyways good luck!

Prvnrox, any chance your friend might be selling his Civic? BTW the guy who has the EK3 with leather interior may have upgraded it from stock seats because he used the vehicle with good care. The only reason I din go for it was because it was Auto gear.

Edited by chamath1

Dude I know a vet who loved his car like his second wife but his friend who too is a vet had a Bluebird just like my dad's. He put it for sale and when I checked out the engine oil is was like tar nuff said.

So that doesnt mean all doctors or vets are the same. Doesnt prove the point. There could be a school teacher or engineer that neglects his or her car. but that doesnt mean all of them are the same

oh god not this argument again. what's with chan5 and doctors who don't wash their cars?? you brought up the same point in another thread. grievous personal experience with a doc and his dirty little premio?

as rambo said to the cop in first blood 1: "let it go. let. it. go"

on a completely unrelated note, watch first blood again. you'll be surprised to find david caruso in there.

I know a vet who loved his car like his second wife but his friend who too is a vet had a Bluebird just like my dad's. He put it for sale and when I checked out the engine oil is was like tar nuff said.

So, you think doctor's don't maintain there cars properly? If you have time, go to Ninewells hospital any weekday around 8am or 4pm and take a look at the Vi-RS beauty parked near the main entrance shining in sparkling silver. That belongs to a famous Gynaecologist. i gotta say that I had no doubts in letting this guy handle my wife after seeing his car. ;) That same example might change your opinion on doctors as well. Ah.. and by the way.. Just make sure to control yourself.. You might wanna lick it after seeing it. :D

@chamath1; I think this car fits perfectly to all your requirements. But, i highly doubt whether it's up for sale.

Edited by LashNeo
  • Like 1

oh god not this argument again. what's with chan5 and doctors who don't wash their cars?? you brought up the same point in another thread. grievous personal experience with a doc and his dirty little premio?

as rambo said to the cop in first blood 1: "let it go. let. it. go"

on a completely unrelated note, watch first blood again. you'll be surprised to find david caruso in there.

might have been molested by one. That would also explain his homophobia

Edited by Chooti Putha

I'm still looking for a good Civic. But I'm really getting to like the one I saw few days back (the one I mentioned before) but the drawback is the Auto gear. Would it be possible to change the gear system from Auto to Manual? Will it hurt the vehicle's good shape?

Edited by chamath1

I'm still looking for a good Civic. But I'm really getting to like the one I saw few days back (the one I mentioned before) but the drawback is the Auto gear. Would it be possible to change the gear system from Auto to Manual? Will it hurt the vehicle's good shape?

how do u want me to call you? child? son? dude? listen.. dont ever try to convert an auto to manual or manual to auto. u would destroy its value. unless u do a B16 or B 18 full conversion. and converting a ek3 with CVT tranny to manual is not easy at all. parts are very hard to come by these days. and its not just the gearbox. u need the ECU and vire harness etc... not worth the trouble. just buy a good exi with manual tranny or buy a virs or vi with CVT and enjoy the ride.