• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Honda Civic Es Or Ek?

chamath1

Question

Hi everyone this is my first forum post and it's reguarding my very own first car :)

When I was a teenager I had the luxury of riding Mitsubishi Pajero (1989), L200, Lancer Box, Nissan N16, Doctor Sunny, Bluebird (Diesel), Peugeot 406,407, Freelander and none of them gave me the beautiful experience of riding a 1995 Vtec Honda Civic Ex (EG) car. I almost learned all the driving tactics on Sri Lankan roads on this vehicle as my father owned it. I loved it's unique balance between horsepower and fuel consumption which was 15kmpl within Kandy city roads. I dreamt of having it for a lifetime but my dad had to sell it as he needed a four wheel for his travels.

Years later I saw the same car in bits and pieces in a garage as the second owner had tried to modify the vehicle in a very cheap form and then met with a major accident and the vehicle had to be sold for parts. I never felt so sad for machine like that before, and here I am now trying to get a same car just to revive my wild and free good times by buying a Civic to myself :)

I truly like to go for an EG but since that model is too old I'm confused with buying either ES or EK series?

My aspects for a good car is:

1. Fuel Consumption (>12 within city limits, >15 on highway)

2. Price < 2.2 Million

3. Low maintennance cost

4. Vtec engine HP>100

5. Sporty Look (optional)

When it comes to fuel efficiency , I heard that Lancer CVT has a good kmpl count (15-18KMPL) but didn't go for it because of the memories I had with a Civic and when it comes to looks Civic wins.

I truly like to go for an EG but since that model is too old I'm confused with buying either ES or EK series. Which one is the best when t comes to my requirement ?

Guys, I'm kinda locked on to buy a Civic. Weeks back I was close to buying a VI RS which was in perfect condition I wanted and the next day the owner changed his mind about selling it. If you're a Civic fan you'd probably know how hard it is to find a well maintained Civic. This was one of them. So I'm on the lookout for another one that is close enough to the one I was close to buying. It's quite rare to see a VI RS, RS, VTIs for sale specially a one that is well maintained. So I'm very picky when it comes to this.

So no offence guys but if you don't own a Civic or have a good experience about them please quit commenting unnecessary stuff.

No offense kiddo but people can say what they want to say and the general opinion seems to be that you're being an idiot.

I think I met him at automiraj. Or one if his relatives. There was a dude who asked me how I got frameless doors for my eg8.

I rest my case

Sorry about the negative rep mate, that was an accidental click

... and if I were you, I would have beaten the bejesus out of him with the nearest available weapon

I was Reading All the Comments and still this guy don't get an answer for what he seeks .

My Search is something similar to His but i want to Compare the Civic ES1 vs ES5 vs ES8..

If i want to go for a unregistered one around 3M What above model is possible ??

Clearly you havent read the thread. He was given his answer pages ago but he keeps asking the same question, no help for that...

As for you, if your budget is 3 Mill you can pick up a 2004 or '05 ES1 or an ES8. The Es8 is the brand new import and the Es1 is the recon import. Both have the 1.5 Litre non Vtec d15b motor. The Es5 is the 1.6 Vtec engined model most often imported from Singapore. Those are usually around 3.2 or thereabouts.

Plus, I highly doubt you'll find any unregistered ES Civics

Edited by Supra_Natural

Well I appreciate your reply and it is really informative.

"The ES5 is the 1.6 Vtec engined model most often imported from Singapore"

This is imported as Reconditioned or Brand New ? and What is the Engine Model used in ES5 ?

And also let me know the of which model is Having SOCH / DOCH and CVT systems.

Moreover Comment on FD Hybrid series to get an idea.

Thanks

Edited by Blackpiston

Well I appreciate your reply and it is really informative.

"The ES5 is the 1.6 Vtec engined model most often imported from Singapore"

This is imported as Reconditioned or Brand New ? and What is the Engine Model used in ES5 ?

And also let me know the of which model is Having SOCH / DOCH and CVT systems.

Moreover Comment on FD Hybrid series to get an idea.

Thanks

They are all SOHC. The Es5 Automatic has a CVT gearbox, the ES8 and ES1 have normal Auto gearboxes...

Singapore Imports are all used... No one imports brand new from there.

What sort of commend do you want on the FD Hybrid? Aren't they a bit over budget?

Edited by Supra_Natural

They are all SOHC. The Es5 Automatic has a CVT gearbox, the ES8 and ES1 have normal Auto gearboxes...

Singapore Imports are all used... No one imports brand new from there.

What sort of comment do you want on the FD Hybrid? Aren't they a bit over budget?

The Es5 too Run on a Vtec d15b motor ?

And If we compare the 1.5 L with non vtec Vs 1.6 Vtec with CVT, Which will be the Fuel Efficient one ?

And also i am confused with ES5 VTI models.

If we assume the price range is not a problem , Is it good t

o go for FD3 Over ES series ?

Thanks

The Es5 too Run on a Vtec d15b motor ?

And If we compare the 1.5 L with non vtec Vs 1.6 Vtec with CVT, Which will be the Fuel Efficient one ?

And also i am confused with ES5 VTI models.

If we assume the price range is not a problem , Is it good t

o go for FD3 Over ES series ?

Thanks

The ES5 is the one with the 1.6Vtec Motor from the D16 Series. all of these were badged "VTI" and came in as used imports.

The CVT cars will probably be more economical than the ordinary autos but CVTs MAY give trouble as they age, you'll have to keep a close eye on the box.

The FD series is obviously newer so if you can afford it you should go for it. The Hybrids aren't THAT economical since they utilize a simpler hybrid system than Toyotas.

The ES5 is the one with the 1.6Vtec Motor from the D16 Series. all of these were badged "VTI" and came in as used imports.

The CVT cars will probably be more economical than the ordinary autos but CVTs MAY give trouble as they age, you'll have to keep a close eye on the box.

The FD series is obviously newer so if you can afford it you should go for it. The Hybrids aren't THAT economical since they utilize a simpler hybrid system than Toyotas.

Thumbs up for you Supra_natural

I did Find the Same about CVT and they don't last long as you say.

http://www.dogandlemon.com/articles/automatics-cvt-transmissions.

Well then if i want to go for a ES5 Vtec without a CVT gearbox ,is it possible as i am very much concerned about Vtec.

and also why they call some models as facelift ? is it the Appearance that they talk about ?

And the illuminated dashboard is a option ?

Thanks

Up to this point i am very clear about Civic Es series .

Moreover Is there any Civic Es Series with manual Transmission ? and why They call it Facelift model ?

Paradox?

Anyway, ES8 comes with manual, I don't think other models do.

ES manufacture year range from 2000-2005 and the 2004 and 2005 models are called facelifts. They main noticeable difference is in the headlamps. Pre-facelift model(2000-2003) contain two bullbs where facelift model contain four bulbs (2 for low beam and 2 for high beam) Search A/L classifieds and you can view some examples.

Edited by razordj

Thumbs up for you Supra_natural

I did Find the Same about CVT and they don't last long as you say.

http://www.dogandlem...t-transmissions.

Well then if i want to go for a ES5 Vtec without a CVT gearbox ,is it possible as i am very much concerned about Vtec.

and also why they call some models as facelift ? is it the Appearance that they talk about ?

And the illuminated dashboard is a option ?

Thanks

All face lift versions (After 2004 ) es 5 illumination dash board is standard. Face lift versions, Buffers,Buffer lamps andHead lamps and front grill are different. ES 5 manual cars are very rare in here. ES8 BN ones You get manuals and Auto as well.Es 5 gear box is Auto not CVT.

Paradox?

Anyway, ES8 comes with manual, I don't think other models do.

ES manufacture year range from 2000-2005 and the 2004 and 2005 models are called facelifts. They main noticeable difference is in the headlamps. Pre-facelift model(2000-2003) contain two bullbs where facelift model contain four bulbs (2 for low beam and 2 for high beam) Search ALL classifieds and you can view some examples.

Anyway i will be installing the Projector lens removing the stock head lamp . So i think i don't need to worry about Facelift models. am i correct ?

Hmmm........... I am Tired Searching a well maintained ES 8 manual series . There are some but the owners are not willing to sell them ..

:speechless-smiley-003: .Can anybody find me one for 3 Grand?

So now i got no option other than going for a another Model .I heard about toyota corolla 121 model to be most Efficient one

Can you guys write me about the factors to consider incase if i am going for Toyota Corolla 121.

Thanks

Hmmm........... I am Tired Searching a well maintained ES 8 manual series . There are some but the owners are not willing to sell them ..

:speechless-smiley-003: .Can anybody find me one for 3 Grand?

So now i got no option other than going for a another Model .I heard about toyota corolla 121 model to be most Efficient one

Can you guys write me about the factors to consider incase if i am going for Toyota Corolla 121.

Thanks

ok mr "BLACK PISS-TONN"

In 121,

you've noting much to consider,

pros - you can drive to jupitor with one fuel tank,

any makabaas is capable of fixing it without hassle.

Spares you can find in any coffee shop , i mean any place which sell Spares,

in case of an accident you can find body parts with exact colour you need so you don't need to repaint it.in same accident if they writte off the car , you can build one from scraps below 1million and re register it with same number.

At the end of course you can place advertisement with all fuel cost+maintenances cost+and the price you brought+the profit you need., somebody will come on early morning before sunrise with cash and take the car, but you'll have to answer nearly million calls and tell you sold it because one out of 5% of sri lankan population tries to buy it.

Cons-nothing - some versions doesn't have "DICKY Light"

• Like 3