• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Autolanka Fail Awards

MasterDon

FAIL!!!  

72 members have voted

1. 1. FAIL Car Of The Year

• Disco Cobra!!!!
    • Baby Godzilla
    • Orange Vios From Hell
    • Freaky Modified 11 sri Lancer
    • TurboSupercharged BOV Prius with KRK Bodykit
    • Macvud Monsters
    • Cursed Red Vios
  2. 2. The Pericles Memorial Trophy For Most Headaches Caused To Moderators

• MoneyMaker
    • Sylvi
    • MasterDon
    • Californikan
    • Junkfriend
    • Scooter
  3. 3. Motoring Related Fail Of The Year

• The TV Commentators For SL Racing Events
    • Hybrid Drivers Hypermiling And Causing Traffic
    • Smug Hybrid Owners Spending Millions More To Get A Few Extra KMPL
    • Government Of SL For Increasing Vehicle import Taxes & Fuel Prices
    • Security At Night Races For Making 2500Rs and below Tickets Worthless And Letting Everybody In
    • Californikan Not Realizing His Own Car Had Hubcaps Instead Of Alloys.
    • 'Doctor' Silva's Awkward Bike Ride

Refer the following web links the word carrier and carrier sounds. Both sound are alike very little difference. So a person reading should understand that.

Not trying to teach English to you.

Oh, and FYI, career and carrier sound VERY different if you pronounce them correctly. I don't know if some godya in some drain pipe told you they were both pronounced kariya, but the reality is, its very different.

Looks like your pronunciation is just as bad as your written word.

That godaya is not worth even minimal effort.

Cali, by the way last sunday (23/12) one of your friends in a 3rd generation Priaaas (White Colour - KU Number plate) shot passed me in Negombo + guess what? He had installed a beat barrel. Wow!, he must be getting a phenomenal fuel average of 20 KMPL eh?

Tell him that he's not too late to join this forum since even you joined recently to educate others on Hybrids.

Let the forum decide the godaya's now......

Btw no proper english speaking sudda would be OK reading the stuff you write on any official or formal matter.

I bet you probably write to some third class sudda just because he had white skin and you thought all suddas are supirior. Probably aftereffects of a sudda's-boot-licking childhood from colonial times..

Anyway why dont you make a new year resolution to try learn proper English. There are loads of classes all over Colombo. Even we would be more than happy to clarify any doubts you have as we go..

Happy new year uncle!

What a FAIL post.

Watchman makes an attempt to tell Sylvi to learn "proper English", when Watchman can't even spell English properly himself.

its hilarious to see Cali trying to gain some cred back after this humiliation.A clean sweep for the hybrid mafia!...LOL bugger even beat the lanken government and mervyn silva whom everybody hates.

Anybody want to do the honours and announce the winners(or losers depending how you look at it) of the AL fail awards?...The floor is open.

Edited by MasterDon
  • Like 1

its hilarious to see Cali trying to gain some cred back after this humiliation.A clean sweep for the hybrid mafia!...LOL bugger even beat the lanken government and mervyn silva whom everybody hates.

Anybody want to do the honours and announce the winners(or losers depending how you look at it) of the AL fail awards?...The floor is open.

What is telling is that you've met Sylvi in person and written that he's a very nice older gentleman, yet you've never had the balls or the guts to call watchman out on his continued vendetta against and harassment of Sylvi.

What is telling is that you've met Sylvi in person and written that he's a very nice older gentleman, yet you've never had the balls or the guts to call watchman out on his continued vendetta against and harassment of Sylvi.

What?...lol... look son I did meet Sylvi and I do respect his experience and Watchman is a very good friend of mine,,,BUT I won't be calling out anyone on any matter and nor is it my responsibility or within my authority to do so...but most of all,deep down i'm a very bad bad man who loves a good fight. :D

.Now STFU and accept your FAIL awards like a man Cali.

Californikan,

This forum has some members who are supporters of the forum authorities , they are protected by the said authorities.

Most of them do not like the Hybrids to be popular in SL. As they do lot of advertising for conventional cars.

There are few people on the advertising department living on the income. That is a good thing.

Therefore they have to keep the traditional cars going. Even they reject Chinese vehicles.

It is like no one wanted auto gear boxes when the cars started arriving to SL with same gear boxes.Today every one wants Auto gear box cars.

Our technicians got little time to study the system of those gear boxes. At present they are rebuild to last few more years by our own technicians.

Only there were few who knew the torque converter transmission, who worked in CTB and few other big time garages in early days.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

Californikan,

This forum has some members who are supporters of the forum authorities , they are protected by the said authorities.

Most of them do not like the Hybrids to be popular in SL. As they do lot of advertising for conventional cars.

There are few people on the advertising department living on the income. That is a good thing.

Therefore they have to keep the traditional cars going. Even they reject Chinese vehicles.

It is like no one wanted auto gear boxes when the cars started arriving to SL with same gear boxes.Today every one wants Auto gear box cars.

Our technicians got little time to study the system of those gear boxes. At present they are rebuild to last few more years by our own technicians.

Only there were few who knew the torque converter transmission, who worked in CTB and few other big time garages in early days.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

Sylvi, you have a right for an opinion. By making accusations at the so called "forum authorities" is a little unfair. You also have to take some responsibility for some of the abuse you have received, and you have also at times behaved in a not so honourable manner.

But why not just confine all of that to 2012, stop being bitter, show some respect for other members and just look forward to a better 2013?

Californikan,

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

Sylvi / Californikan, If you guys can count see how many have voted. Gawd, Get a life, move on, this is a more like a high tea party place (only less attendees). I suspect Mr. Sylvi is Watch man - like Jackal and Hyde. I have to smoke another joint to find out who is Cali's double.

Sylvi / Californikan, If you guys can count see how many have voted. Gawd, Get a life, move on, this is a more like a high tea party place (only less attendees). I suspect Mr. Sylvi is Watch man - like Jackal and Hyde. I have to smoke another joint to find out who is Cali's double.

are u planning to be a contender for the fail awards next year or are u just too high?

sylvi is watchman? yeah right

What?...lol... look son I did meet Sylvi and I do respect his experience and Watchman is a very good friend of mine,,,BUT I won't be calling out anyone on any matter and nor is it my responsibility or within my authority to do so...but most of all,deep down i'm a very bad bad man who loves a good fight. :D/>

.Now STFU and accept your FAIL awards like a man Cali.

It figures that you're friends with him. No surprise there. Like a corrupt Sri Lankan politician you look the other way and say nothing when one of your cronies does wrong.

Your'poll' is a joke. You had to go back almost two years to find something on me. I just have to go to last week to find your most recent fail.

And you also fail to mention that the moderator in question instigated, initiated, and started most of his headaches. But since he too is one of your cronies, no surprise that you looked the other way about that too.

Sylvi, you have a right for an opinion. By making accusations at the so called "forum authorities" is a little unfair. You also have to take some responsibility for some of the abuse you have received, and you have also at times behaved in a not so honourable manner.

But why not just confine all of that to 2012, stop being bitter, show some respect for other members and just look forward to a better 2013?

'The Don',

Moderator,

I understand contents of your post.

I take your advice. In fact I wanted to stop this.I Garnette you this will be end of all this.

I PM your early moderator informing him about that.

His reply was, that I am not having any formal education. I write as a preschooler. With a warning.

I want to end this, but some members keep on posting against me. With unwanted posts.

Every body is trying to be great and they think I have come form gutters.

I don't like members calling me with unknown relation ship, whom I have never met in my life.

Even one and only moderator at that time, 18 months back.

Made end to heated arguments, with me by one members. Addressing me as his relation.

This is a Public Automobile forum. We members should not have unpleasant arguments on these petty things.

I don't like members calling me with unknown relation ship, whom I have never met in my life.

It is very difficult for me to. To call a unknown person, to be a relation of my self.

Police men on the road blocks few years back had that habit of calling unwanted relationships.

I put a end to that complaining in writing as for his request, to DIG Colombo at that time.

There is lot of negative posts of my postings about my English. As I have said early English is a world link language.

As long as you can send the message what you want send across. So others can understand.

****************************************************************************************

Under is not a English class and blowing my trumpet.

I was educated to call a lady or a gent in respectable way. We had special ethic class 2 hours, for 4 days a month.

I always call unknown male Sir. Female Madam. Then I request, please may I know how shall I address.

Children I call Males Mater. Females young Ms. May I know your name please.

For example they can be. Doctors Professors. If a person gives his name as Silva. I call him Mr. Silva Etc. With respect.

**********************************************************************************************

Wishing A ll moderators and all members to be a very happy and prosperous new year.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

'The Don',

Moderator,

I understand contents of your post.

I take your advice. In fact I wanted to stop this.I Garnette you this will be end of all this.

I PM your early moderator informing him about that.

His reply was, that I am not having any formal education. I write as a preschooler. With a warning.

I want to end this, but some members keep on posting against me. With unwanted posts.

Every body is trying to be great and they think I have come form gutters.

Even one and only moderator at that time, 18 months back.

Made end to heated arguments, with me by one members. Addressing me as his relation.

This is a Public Automobile forum. We members should not have unpleasant arguments on these petty things.

It is very difficult for me to. To call a unknown person, to be a relation of my self.

Police men on the road blocks few years back had that habit of calling unwanted relationships.

I put a end to that complaining in writing as for his request, to DIG Colombo at that time.

There is lot of negative posts of my postings about my English. As I have said early English is a world link language.

As long as you can send the message what you want send across. So others can understand.

****************************************************************************************

Under is not a English class and blowing my trumpet.

I was educated to call a lady or a gent in respectable way. We had special ethic class 2 hours, for 4 days a month.

I always call unknown male Sir. Female Madam. Then I request, please may I know how shall I address.

Children I call Males Mater. Females young Ms. May I know your name please.

For example they can be. Doctors Professors. If a person gives his name as Silva. I call him Mr. Silva Etc. With respect.

**********************************************************************************************

Wishing A ll moderators and all members to be a very happy and prosperous new year.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

Sylvi, the nature of public forums is that you can't take respect for granted. It needs to be earned. And you need to develop a bit of thick skin and just be confident in what you say and let it be just that.

All we ask from you is not to ramble on about irrelevant things and clog up otherwise useful conversations / threads. This causes much annoyance amongst the rest of the users and is the fundamental reason behind hostility towards you. Change that and you will see others change around you.

Dear Mr Wijesinghe/Sylvi/Unkel

Please be informed that the reason your goodself draws so much flak from the members of this forum is the simple fact that your posts categorically fail at doing the exact thing that you have posted above.

In other words No One Understands What You Are On About!

We've pointed this out a hundred times before, given you a dozen posts and messages asking you nicely to stop rambling off topic whenever you post, we even created a thread for you to post your stories, which all of us found interesting when they were ON THAT SPECIFIC THREAD!

But you never seem to learn, When was the last time you made use of the thread that was created for the purpose of posting your recollections? You used it for a short while, then proceeded to go back to your old habit of polluting every single thread with irrelevancies. And now here you are accusing us of all sorts of all sorts of nonsense.

Let me make it as simple as possible, If you dislike the way things work on this forum, please note that no one is forcing you to participate. If you wish to continue as a participant then PLEASE follow these simple steps in future...

1. Keep your posts short and to the point. I'm sure during your years as a "blue collar worker with a silver spoon" or however you put it, you would have come across the concept of writing a Memo. Memos are brief and contain just the facts, try to keep your posts on general topics like memos.

2. For the love of all that is holy, STOP GOING OFF TOPIC. No one wants to hear how you got down 100 chinese electical armature winders to your friend's air conditioning plant in 1978 in a thread whose original question was an Alternator problem (This is just an Example, but plenty of members will recognize the general trend of the posts). So PLEASE, if you're going to post on a thread, stick to the topic.

3. As for all your recollections, memories, stories, drain pipe anecdotes etc etc, please use the thread that was created for that purpose as many of us would enjoy reading the history when it's in the proper place. (something which I have told you countless times before)

4. If someone writes something against you and you believe that it is unjust, just ignore that post altogether. Wading headfirst into an argument will be of no benefit to you in any way, so just DON'T.

I really think you should print out the above and keep it somewhere near your computer so you can see it, if you manage to follow those steps it'll make things a lot more pleasant for yourself, all other members and us poor sods who have to clean up after you.

So please do give it your urgent attention.

Happy New Year!

Edited by Supra_Natural

ROFLMAO. This just made my day... Sylvi is Watchman!!! Keep doing your investigation mate, I'm waiting until you say something like Cali's double is jdnet or something.... you should change your username to Quixtar007.