• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Ek3 Or Lancer Cs1

udana_k

Question

hi friend, i'm just thinking of buying either civic ek3 or lancer cs1 ( which fits with my budget well too). could you guys give an advice on this while comparing the both as you feel good.

does it make senseif i look for an ek3 with auto transmition.?

fuel consumption, maintenance, budget (mine is 1.6 to 1.7) are major concerns......

thanks in advance

Hi all,

Thanks for all your information. Can anyone tell us about rough market prices for cs1/cs2 and cs3 around (YOM 2008/2009)?

Im looking for a car around 2-2.3 miliion.

And also would like to know any difference between fuel efficiencies of these cars.

Thanks

Davy what's your Cs1's year? I'm planning to buy a 2003 CS1(Auto gear) for 17.5Mn. Is this a good price? And how is the fuel economy?

I had a 2001 CS3. Bought in 2008 and sold in 2015 April for 1.7M.

Not really sure about the market situation now, but if you're talking about a pre facelift CS1 with a carburetor engine, then the price is a bit too high IMO.

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="Davy" data-cid="278387" data-time="1433836752"><p>

I had a 2001 CS3. Bought in 2008 and sold in 2015 April for 1.7M.Not really sure about the market situation now, but if you're talking about a pre facelift CS1 with a carburetor engine, then the price is a bit too high IMO.</p></blockquote>

Since its manufactured in 2003, most probably it should be a face lift CS1 with EFI. If that is the case that price is ok IMHO.

I had a 2001 CS3. Bought in 2008 and sold in 2015 April for 1.7M.Not really sure about the market situation now, but if you're talking about a pre facelift CS1 with a carburetor engine, then the price is a bit too high IMO.

Since its manufactured in 2003, most probably it should be a face lift CS1 with EFI. If that is the case that price is ok IMHO.

Yes, agreed.

As for the question about fuel consumption, it has been discussed to death, but you're looking at about 10kmpl in the city.

Since this post is (partly) about Lancer CS1s, let me ask my question here rather than posting a new topic.

I recently bought a Lancer CS1 2008 1.3L (it has done about 71000 kms). While its being in perfect condition inside and outside as well as on the road, i am a bit concerned on its fuel consumption. Before buying the car i searched the forum a lot, and the general consensus was that it does about 10kmpl in the city. But after about 2 months of close monitoring, i figured out that this is not the case. In fact its not even close, mine does about 6.5 - 7 kmpl in heavy traffic. (max 8 if there is no traffic) Its has done about 10-11 the few times ive gone out of Colombo in the highway.

I am not sure if this is normal when it comes to heavy traffic or if there is actually something wrong. Or is it due to the way i drive? (As per the advice of my friends, i generally try to keep the rpm on or below 2000) Could there be something wrong? What can i do to check? Or is this normal? Any pointers/advice is highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Prasad

Since this post is (partly) about Lancer CS1s, let me ask my question here rather than posting a new topic.

I recently bought a Lancer CS1 2008 1.3L (it has done about 71000 kms). While its being in perfect condition inside and outside as well as on the road, i am a bit concerned on its fuel consumption. Before buying the car i searched the forum a lot, and the general consensus was that it does about 10kmpl in the city. But after about 2 months of close monitoring, i figured out that this is not the case. In fact its not even close, mine does about 6.5 - 7 kmpl in heavy traffic. (max 8 if there is no traffic) Its has done about 10-11 the few times ive gone out of Colombo in the highway.

I am not sure if this is normal when it comes to heavy traffic or if there is actually something wrong. Or is it due to the way i drive? (As per the advice of my friends, i generally try to keep the rpm on or below 2000) Could there be something wrong? What can i do to check? Or is this normal? Any pointers/advice is highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Prasad

Auto or Manual transmission?

Auto or Manual transmission?

trinity, it must be an auto.

my previous car, being a manual 1.3L, did around 10 kmpl in colombo - not careful driving though. But my daily drive is around 9.30AM and 7PM in parliament /baseline roads which matters my numbers as i believe.

Since this is a 2008 CS1, it should be EFI. All pre-facelift CS1 Lancers had carb engines. So this should do better than them IMO.

Also, how did you measure fuel consumption? Did you do the "full tank to full tank" method?

Hi Davy, Thanks for the reply.

Mine is a Manual transmission. Indeed that's why i'm a little concerned.

I didn't really do a full tank to full tank. I let it dry up to a point (which is very close to E) and then fill up, note down the number of liters from the fuel station and divide it by the number of KMs till the next fill. I always let it run to the same spot in the fuel meter. (Not the most accurate but i believe it shouldn't be much off the right measure) Please advice if that isn't correct.

Hi Davy, Thanks for the reply.

Mine is a Manual transmission. Indeed that's why i'm a little concerned.

I didn't really do a full tank to full tank. I let it dry up to a point (which is very close to E) and then fill up, note down the number of liters from the fuel station and divide it by the number of KMs till the next fill. I always let it run to the same spot in the fuel meter. (Not the most accurate but i believe it shouldn't be much off the right measure) Please advice if that isn't correct.

That isn't the correct way to measure actually. Do this:

1. Pump a full tank of petrol. Reset the trip computer before leaving the fuel station.

2. Drive (you don't have to drive until the gauge drops to "E". Half a tank is good).

3. Fill up again until full tank. Note how many litres were pumped.

4. Fuel consumption = Trip computer reading / Number of litres pumped

Repeat above steps a few times and calculate the average of the figures resulted in step 4. Remember to reset trip computer after step 4 if you're doing this.

Note that this too can skew your results based on various reasons:

- Incorrectly calibrated fuel pump at fuel station. Sometimes deliberate. Select a good fuel station and stick to it.

- Pumping more after the fuel station pump automatic cut off. Always stop pumping after first cut off.

- Long periods of idle running/racing the engine when the car is put up for a repair.

- Changes in your driving style. Be as consistent as possible, but drive as you would normally drive.

Edited by Davy
  • Like 1

Thanks Davy. Ill try this method.

And the Incorrect fuel pump are scary. I didn't know they could do that. :speechless-smiley-003:

Hi Praz,

Your heavy traffic figures looks fine since my 2008 1.6 CS3 / (manual) does the same or slightly more in heavy traffic (Battharamulla / Rajagiriya), but when it comes to the less / normal traffic conditions mine does around 10 - 12 kmpl and outstation does around 12- 14 kmpl. I remember one time it did 15kmpl+ on highway.

If you got an Android phone and would like to keep your fuel records in one place, there's a handy app called 'Fuelio', I use that and during my usage around 20k my CS3 has an average of 11.5 kmpl in mix driving conditions.

And as Davy said watch out for the buggers who forcefully pump full tank until fuel spills out form the tank. :(

Hello,

Mine is Lancer CS1, 2006, Manual and here I have attached my fuel stats. It normally does more than 11kmpl in colombo and 15/16kmpl in outstations. I always fill-up full tank and log the odometer and other fuel info in this app. This app provides me lots of reports and its very important to track issues of the vehicle(fuel related) as well as compare and improve my driving style.

/cc

post-46699-0-39094600-1451370392_thumb.j

post-46699-0-30543600-1451370402_thumb.j

Edited by CruiseControl
  • Like 1