• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

2013 Toyota Vios

Shanjeev

Really i love the new corolla and the vios.but its correct that toyotas are getty uglier ,day by day,as well boring to drive...when i had my last trip to colombo in an axio,i felt my 13 yeras old 121 is way ahead...really the cvt is boring to drive,and the seats are bit uncomfortable too.also the sudden accelerations are not so freaking as the 121.it seams the performance is getting back,day by day.

Agree with you....I think Toyota does too...which is why there new tag line is "Fun to drive AGAIN" :D

Interesting how you bought up the whole CVT being boring part. Apparently in the new RAV4, sport mode, it creates a "thump" every time it changes gear (much like how they did it in the LFA..where they didn't want smooth gear transitions) :D funny how "new" technology has to artificially create crap to simulate the old :D

As for the Axio, castrating yourself (am I allowed to say castrating on here ?) with a plastic butter knife is more bearable than driving it...however test drove the newer one and it did seem a little bit more perkier than the old 141 based Axio...but still there are other vehicles in the same segment that are a lot more inspirational to drive. I am not a big fan of Mitsubishi*** so won't and can't comment on the Lancer/GF but the Civics to me have always been more fun to drive, even when they got a bit fat compared to the Civics of the 80s :)

Well..all in all hopefully the new Corolla will be easier to look at without throwing up like the new Axio :D

***(I had 2 long term use V70 series Pajeros...which to me was a disappointment from the rigidity of the 40 series...and a Pajero iO all of which let me down and was plasticy and falling all over the place, despite how well I did try to maintain them...no idea about the Lancer so really can't say anything...my MIL's brother has an Evo X which well....he only let me touch it :(...but to give it credit they were very well equipped for the price (although the plasticyness showed for the price...just an opinion not a judgement) and they all moved like a bat out of hell..well as much as it is possible for a SUV :D

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...