• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Automotive Clips / Videos

Kavvz

• 7 months later...

So I have been a fan of podcasts as of late and I came across this. It's on how GM wanted to bring the japanese car manufacturing culture/practices to the US.

Oddly I see so many similarities about the work mentality between the american trade unions and those in Sri Lanka.

• 4 weeks later...
Interesting how perspectives on "optional extras" have changed in the last decade (or two). Especially on airbags.

Though i still agree with some views such as the reverse camera/radar :D

Do you mean to say extra airbags are still options, whereas they should be standard across all trim levels?

Do you mean to say extra airbags are still options, whereas they should be standard across all trim levels?

It was JC commenting on how unnecessary passenger airbags were :D

Oops, i realized I didnt add the link to the video... I editted my post with it... I guess this should give more context...

:)

Edited by Watchman

• 1 year later...

Nissan GT-R LM NISMO - Jay Leno's Garage : Fascinating discussion about the Front engine, front wheel drive layout of Nissan's new Le Mans car. It blows my mind to think that this layout is a competitive advantage- watch it, if you haven't already, its quite interesting. 

Edited by Kavvz

• 1 month later...

Holy Crap. When people said the Nissan GTR was a Porsche Killer, despite appreciating the Nissan GTR for what it was; I personally thought that was a bit of an overstatement. But then this happened! Wow, seriously who knew that the GTR powertrain was such a beast?

Edited by Kavvz

• 3 years later...
2 hours ago, Kavvz said:

Polestar ❤️

Has to be the bossiest looking car around in this day and age. That design and interior just means business. 

Also the wing (more like scaffolding) on the NFS Heat version. Still looks badass. 

Screenshot_20200623_110546.jpg

• Like 2

Finally a muscle car that has the best of everything in it, a truely global mash-up: Big brakes, LS motor + GT-Rish drive train; put together by a New Zealander :D 

Edited by Kavvz

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Am I the only person who has never fantasized or even had a big interest in super and hyper cars? 

Even as a kid, I never had anything to do with them. Do I hate them, no I don’t!
But I don't get what the fascination is all about.

My dream vehicle are a TT 300Z and LWB Range Rover(wanted a RR since young).

Technically I can buy both in the sudda land, but I want them in Sri Lanka.

( why am I ranting again? )

2 hours ago, fiat fan said:

LWB Range Rover(wanted a RR since young).

Well technically for the price of a RR autobiography LWB you can buy a Super car. (And if the Overfinch Velocity or something like that is thrown in the ring then for the price of that you get a proper Hypercar.)

Plus the speed at which these modern high-end SUV's move (GL63, RR (P525), Alpina XB7 is totally mind blowing and considering they can keep up with or even beat most sports cars makes them pretty special....so technically you've been dreaming about a super car all along but never knew it... :D 

• Confused 1

13 hours ago, fiat fan said:

Am I the only person who has never fantasized or even had a big interest in super and hyper cars? 

Even as a kid, I never had anything to do with them. Do I hate them, no I don’t!
But I don't get what the fascination is all about.

My dream vehicle are a TT 300Z and LWB Range Rover(wanted a RR since young).

( why am I ranting again? )

Lol!! Then there`s me! :D I`d rather a well sorted sports car (i.e. 911) over a supercar any day. People talk about amazing design and aesthetics and all that, but up close, 'most' super/hyper cars looks kind wonky and out of proportion to me. Surely the 'experience' must be worth it, but enduring a cramped up cabin, poor visibility and (possibly) difficult drivability in most road conditions (track is a different story obviously)? I think cabin ergonomics are getting better in most current designs, but some old supercar cabin designs were just horrible. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, MrCat said:

Lol!! Then there`s me! :D I`d rather a well sorted sports car (i.e. 911) over a supercar any day. 

Agreed! But in my case I'd settle for something even simpler: A manual Z4 or even a S2000 would work out pretty nice I feel... :D

20 hours ago, Kavvz said:

Well technically for the price of a RR autobiography LWB you can buy a Super car. (And if the Overfinch Velocity or something like that is thrown in the ring then for the price of that you get a proper Hypercar.)

Plus the speed at which these modern high-end SUV's move (GL63, RR (P525), Alpina XB7 is totally mind blowing and considering they can keep up with or even beat most sports cars makes them pretty special....so technically you've been dreaming about a super car all along but never knew it... :D 

Ok I’m confused now. Am I a super car fan after all?

Very true. My Q3 itself does 100 in 5 secs(2L 200hp)

They are hauling a*s nowadays not logs 😉

No overfinch’s for me please. LWB AB with that tasty 5L v8 supercharged engine.

9 hours ago, MrCat said:

Lol!! Then there`s me! :D I`d rather a well sorted sports car (i.e. 911) over a supercar any day. People talk about amazing design and aesthetics and all that, but up close, 'most' super/hyper cars looks kind wonky and out of proportion to me. Surely the 'experience' must be worth it, but enduring a cramped up cabin, poor visibility and (possibly) difficult drivability in most road conditions (track is a different story obviously)? I think cabin ergonomics are getting better in most current designs, but some old supercar cabin designs were just horrible. 

Same. Just maneuvering around those potholes are enough to put me away. Plus the hate and kudu business tag is factory installed.

50 minutes ago, fiat fan said:

Ok I’m confused now. Am I a super car fan after all?

Yes a closeted one :D

Very true. My Q3 itself does 100 in 5 secs(2L 200hp)

See there u go. That is faster than a stock Supra mk4. Its official..

They are hauling a*s nowadays not logs 😉

:D

No overfinch’s for me please. LWB AB with that tasty 5L v8 supercharged engine.

What?? Sacrilege! Okay, gonna have to take u off my Christmas list. No Overfinch’s indeed! 😠 I kid, I kid...To each his own! All good. If you want to slum it with the kudu biz buggers in a mere V8 RR. So be it :D